Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    It’s not an origin story according to Gunn
    Quote Originally Posted by 13th Superman View Post
    Yeah more of a year 2 like Pattinson's Batman.
    Cavill aside, I'm glad it won't be another origin, if this is indeed true. The year two approach is much more appealing to me.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm more than willing to forgive Gunn and Safran if they hit it out of the park with the next Superman movie, but if it falters they should be given as many mulligans as Cavill got to have a second solo movie.
    Yeah...I want to give Gunn the benefit of the doubt. I even think he has the potential to make a GREAT Superman movie. I hope he knocks it out of the park and makes me eat my words of worry.

But you aren't alone in being short on patience. In many ways the least risk adverse direction to take Superman (and the DCU) would have been to keep Cavill and the other actors and start off from a fresh story direction (what most of us here assumed would be the case last month). This is very risky and if Gunn fails to deliver it could mean the end of the classic Clark Kent illeration of Superman of being a viable cinematic property for another generation.

Gunn and Safren have no excuses. They have a clean slate. If this movie doesn't at least significantly out perform Man of Steel at the box office relative to its budget and engenders good will , it'll be seen as another in a long line of failures since 1983. If they mess up they don't have the luxury of being able to blame the specter of Snyder or Henry Cavill. It will be on them and only them . And sadly If they don't get it right the first time, they won't get another shot and honestly, I don't think they'd deserve one.Brandon Routh didn't get a do over and neither did Henry. Gunn and whomever he chooses to direct and whomever is chosen to star get one shot to wow us. No mulligans. No do over.

As a fan of Cavill in the role I admit my bias. If you tell me that the best way forward for Superman cinematcally is without Henry Cavill and starting over from scratch again, It has to be not only a home run but a basis loaded game winning home run of biblical proportions. It can't be just "good" but great. Anything less will be a disappointment and just make me still wish Cavill got his second chance.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 12-15-2022 at 05:43 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Did they reshoot the again?will barry after the flashpoint be played by a new guy?
    They haven't reshoot. Cavill shoots his cameo for The Flash back in September but it was cut recently. It was still there till early December but it's no more. I expect the movie having cut its loose ends to be as self contained as possible.

Cavill got paid $250k for each of his cameos: https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status...24543531335684

I'm probably the biggest Ezra Miller hater on this board so take this with whatever grain of salt you'd like, but if for some reason Cavill, Gadot, and Momoa are out yet somehow we're still stuck with Miller, then this is really bleeped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    They haven't reshoot. Cavill shoots his cameo for The Flash back in September but it was cut recently. It was still there till early December but it's no more. I expect the movie having cut its loose ends to be as self contained as possible.
    I hope at least they put the Cavill cameo on the bluray.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?

I'm probably the biggest Ezra Miller hater on this board so take this with whatever grain of salt you'd like, but if for some reason Cavill, Gadot, and Momoa are out yet somehow we're still stuck with Miller, then this is really bleeped up.
    There will be riots. Figuratively of course.

Heck....if it turns out Gunn keeps his stuff in continuity and bins everything and everyone else, a lot of people are going to be angry. And rightfully so. A Reboot Should be that. If we have to lose Gal, Henry and Jason because this is a new universe, then his pet projects either need to go or shift to elseworlds or its own pocket universe like Matt Reeves Batman stuff.

Sadly at this point if by some miracle Gal and Jason stays put but Henry being out, it's not good optics and will just sabotage any possible good will towards whatever results in Gunn's Superman. It could end up being the best Superman movie since 1978 and end up doing badly at the box office because fans that are salty over the disaster of how they handled Cavill may not turn up out of spite. Frankly I can't completely blame them if they do.. The only hope I feel is a 100 percent clean break and sadly that includes dumping Gal as Wonder Woman, which Is shifty. But I think the whole situation going back to when WB screwed the pooch with JL has been shifty , so nothing new.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

With Cavil's departure being a done deal.

I wanted to ask, how you all would have felt if Cavilman was in Gunn's Suicide Squad movie (that was his original plan before using Starro) and if Cavilman was leading the JSA under Waller to help collar Black Adam.

Both of these ideas sound fantastic to me. Superman and the JSA on the big screen! Also, Gunn's Superman vs Suicide Squad idea is the premise for the MCU's upcoming Thunderbolts movie with Hyperion (from the Squadron Supreme). Both movies ended up losing money, but do you think the Superman factor would've been a boon to them?

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I agree with this. Part of me wishes I could see him do Superman the way HE said he wanted to play him, sort off classic, much less grim. But that's water under the bridge now. I just hope that Gunn is up to whatever take he has on Superman. I'm a little bit nervous about him writing this; he seems to do best with...different types of characters. But who knows, I've never seen him even describe how he sees Superman, so maybe I'll like it. And casting for Superman, while hard, has never been close to impossible, so it's likely a decent to great Superman actor can be found to replace Cavill. Been a sucky few months for Cavill, though.
    Thing is, when Reeves's Movies had different directors, they knew better and didn't recast him because they knew he was Superman to many fans.

I feel Cavill made a strong impression as well. Much of the Snyderverse can be scrapped. Amber Turd, Ezra being an idiot, and Batgirl was a catastrophe

But Cavill? He was a good decision. Definitely salvageable under a good writer.

Listening to different takes it seems that factions were present at WBD leading up to BA. The De Luca/Abdy group supporting BA and aiming for a Cavill MOS Brainiac film and Gunn writing a totally different take. Zaslav had to know of the two tracks - it was WBD who commissioned Gunn to do a script based on a different premise from that of De Luca.

BA comes out, severely underperforms. Cavill announces the Monday after the film came out that he is back. Then several days later Gunn is announced as the head of DC Studios. The failure of BA sunk the DeLuca faction (which had apparently told Cavill to make his announcement) within days of the BA premier. Gunn's vision won the day. Zaslav had little choice. I don't think he told Cavill to make the announcement or that he had knowledge that DeLuca would do so. The DeLuca regime was out even faster than was the Hamada regime.

^^^It's a shitshow all around.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I hope at least they put the Cavill cameo on the bluray.
    Hope they'll let him be in the final version of the film this Summer as his last appearance in the role. He doesn't deserve to be cut.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    There will be riots. Figuratively of course.

Heck....if it turns out Gunn keeps his stuff in continuity and bins everything and everyone else, a lot of people are going to be angry. And rightfully so. A Reboot Should be that. If we have to lose Gal, Henry and Jason because this is a new universe, then his pet projects either need to go or shift to elseworlds or its own pocket universe like Matt Reeves Batman stuff.

Sadly at this point if by some miracle Gal and Jason stays put but Henry being out, it's not good optics and will just sabotage any possible good will towards whatever results in Gunn's Superman. It could end up being the best Superman movie since 1978 and end up doing badly at the box office because fans that are salty over the disaster of how they handled Cavill may not turn up out of spite. Frankly I can't completely blame them if they do.. The only hope I feel is a 100 percent clean break and sadly that includes dumping Gal as Wonder Woman, which Is shifty. But I think the whole situation going back to when WB screwed the pooch with JL has been shifty , so nothing new.
    I think the new season of Peacemaker was supposed to film in Summer 2023. If the show happens and this guy gets to reprise his "role", it'll add insult to the injury: https://www.instagram.com/p/CaLmuC_Jjk6/

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    With Cavil's departure being a done deal.

I wanted to ask, how you all would have felt if Cavilman was in Gunn's Suicide Squad movie (that was his original plan before using Starro) and if Cavilman was leading the JSA under Waller to help collar Black Adam.

Both of these ideas sound fantastic to me. Superman and the JSA on the big screen! Also, Gunn's Superman vs Suicide Squad idea is the premise for the MCU's upcoming Thunderbolts movie with Hyperion (from the Squadron Supreme). Both movies ended up losing money, but do you think the Superman factor would've been a boon to them?
    This reminds me that all Cavill had was a long list of dropped/aborted storylines.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Thing is, when Reeves's Movies had different directors, they knew better and didn't recast him because they knew he was Superman to many fans.

I feel Cavill made a strong impression as well. Much of the Snyderverse can be scrapped. Amber Turd, Ezra being an idiot, and Batgirl was a catastrophe

But Cavill? He was a good decision. Definitely salvageable under a good writer.
    It's that very last part that has been a huge part of WB/DC's undoing at the movies; they just don't seem to have any good writers working on those scripts. That, studio interference, lack of vetting of talent on both sides of the camera, questionable casting, and wildly clashing ideas of how to treat various characters, all have served to kill my hope that Gunn can fix things.

Bro they are obviously gonna get rid of Ezra’s crazy ass after the Flash releases so I’m not the least bit worried.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Salute to Cavilman.

Greatest hits Part 1