Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

If there is a Superman appearance in Black Adam it needs to either be Cavill or they need to introduce a new actor for the role. Anther faceless cameo would be met with a huge fan backlash and make WB/DC look even more incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    If there is a Superman appearance in Black Adam it needs to either be Cavill or they need to introduce a new actor for the role. Anther faceless cameo would be met with a huge fan backlash and make WB/DC look even more incompetent.
    It would be lame. Another faceless cameo. Who knows? I've seen people who claimed to have been at a screening who say there was no Superman cameo, others that there was but it was a faceless Superman and others who said it was a Shazam cameo. All contradicting one another. But even if all are honest reports, WBD could place different cameos in different screenings to keep things up in the air to build PR for BA prior to its release. It won't be surprising if there is no cameo as, like you say, another faceless Superman cameo would make WBD look silly and incompetent. If there is a cameo Shazam seems likely as the BA producers hinted last week that a BA vs Shazam film is the direction they may be going in.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-27-2022 at 06:50 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Having no cameo wouldn't be much better..People's built up expectations would mean backlash(if there is expectations for superman that is)
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    WB is doing S&L, animated Superman stuff and such. They really don't need to do a Superman film given the financial situation (read ROI) re: Superman compared to its billion-dollar franchises like Aquaman, Joker, WW & Batman (near billion) and possibly BA.
    They don't necessarily need one, true. And I'm fine with just having S&L, honestly - they can just keep that going, imo. That wasn't my main point, though.

Frankly, WBD and Cavill look like clowns in this back and forth.
    This, I certainly agree with.

Zaslov is all business, and I don't think he will let this drag on.
    I'd also agree with this - though if it does drag on, that says something, as well. It likely will drag on to some degree until either A: they have a better idea, or B: these rumors start turning sour and risk box office.

As to Cavill, if he loves the character as he professes then why hold out for the last dollar to return to the role? Especially if it's the only chance there is to see a classic Superman on the big screen again. And, if Cavill is as perfect for the role as he seems to think he is, then one of the cameos, well received, could turn into a solo film down the line.
    Is it money, though? Or is it creative control? I do also have a slight issue with "if he loved it, he'd do it for whatever they want to pay him" (not your words, just the general sentiment I've seen at times) - these movies always make a lot, even the flops, so I wouldn't blame him. As for a cameo turning into a solo film, maybe - but we've watched other Superman actors get screwed (Routh got *royally* screwed, not even getting royalties off of his likeness in cases) and if it's not in writing, it's not happening and then it's years down the road and he still hasn't been able to flesh out his Superman properly. So I also wouldn't blame him for that either, especially with the other projects he has. It could very well be a "Superman is what I'd love to do, but if the situation isn't right I'm ok where I am" situation, and it would be his right to feel that way (if he does) after what happened. Having literally been in a quite similar situation (in a different way, obviously) several times, it's easy to understand the reasoning for some of the potential decisions.

In the meantime, the Black Superman script should be back by now or soon from its rewrite so maybe there will be news on that front in the next month or so.
    That will be interesting to see if that happens. I have my doubts, but you never know. They may do it just so that an indie studio can't when the IP goes public, now that I think about it..

And, to cut Cavill some slack, many of his non-Superman fans are glad he is not returning to the role as they see it as boring and limiting his career. As here they believe WB needs Cavill but Cavill doesn't need WB/Superman and doesn't need the "toxic" Superman fans.

https://www.btlnews.com/commentary/h...ns-toxic-fans/

It’s dumb, pointless, and the essence of toxic fandom, and Henry Cavill, for one, clearly has no use for it. There are a lot of interesting roles in his future, and I’ll bet none of them will require him to wear spandex.
    I can see the point they're making, certainly. He doesn't need Superman - but that doesn't mean he doesn't want it. Maybe not, though. As I said, I just get the sense that there's someone still trying in the mix there, regardless of whether or not it pans out.
    Last edited by JAK; 07-28-2022 at 01:00 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently Collider is backing them up, that Redanian Intelligence site is is legit when it comes to Witcher stuff from what I’ve seen. But I don’t think Cavill getting Covid is why he didn’t show up, he could’ve zoomed in, or recorded a message, or even just posted something on his Instagram but he hasn’t done any of that. That half of the rumor is bullshit imo
    I would stay at home bedridden if I get Covid not doing livestreams, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I see THR and Netflix also confirmed that The Witcher paused production, but still no official confirmation about Cavill:

Netflix has halted production of The Witcher season three due to COVID-19.

The news comes amid unconfirmed online rumors that star Henry Cavill tested positive for the virus, but the streamer is only saying that filming has “paused due to COVID and we will be up and running as soon as it is safe to do so.” Cavill’s rep also declined to comment.

This isn’t the first time the U.K.-based production has had to shut down due the virus, with the show previously halting filming on season two in 2020.

The news comes on the heels of last week’s San Diego Comic-Con, where fans wondered if the Superman actor might make an appearance for DC’s Shazam! and Black Adam panels, then booed when Adam star Dwayne Johnson seemingly accidentally suggested that somebody else could take over the iconic role. Johnson has also reassured in an interview, “Henry is a buddy, and he is a phenomenal Superman, and Henry Cavill is the Superman of our generation, with respect to the other Supermans in the past.”

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ll-1235187693/

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I can't imagine how a "head nod" could work with a headless character, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Expanding the DCEU

As to whether—as fans ask him every day—Black Adam will ever follow his comic-book counterpart in facing off with Superman, Johnson offers an almost philosophical answer. In the comics, the pair have fought multiple times, as Johnson knows, but someday he hopes for something simpler: “The dream is just to have them acknowledge each other.” In his mind, it’s not quite the handshake that we see in the comic-book pages, but “just a head nod,” a recognition from both that “we exist’’ at the same time and in the same vast DC Universe.

Full interview: https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/how...he-big-screen/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-28-2022 at 10:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    They don't necessarily need one, true. And I'm fine with just having S&L, honestly - they can just keep that going, imo. That wasn't my main point, though.

I can see the point they're making, certainly. He doesn't need Superman - but that doesn't mean he doesn't want it. Maybe not, though. As I said, I just get the sense that there's someone still trying in the mix there, regardless of whether or not it pans out.
    Putting all the confusion into some sort of coherent picture and taking from reliable sources like John Campea and others this seems to be what has/is happening.

Zaslov is waiting for a new head of DC films and will give that person final say on all things DCEU. De Luca just this month came on board as head of WB films, but he will wait on WBD finding their Feige to head the DC division. Zaslov is focused on the organization and getting his folks in place.

There have been no talks with Cavill - likely since the Hamada attempt - to get him to cameo. The rumors about talks are pretty much recycled from that time when a legit source (Variety) reported on it. Variety also noted the talks were not for a Superman solo but for cameos in other DCEU films.

John Campea has given up hope Cavill will return. He is hearing nothing about Superman and/or Cavill from his sources. Other than the Abrams project. Campea's sources were saying Abrams would be brought on board to do Superman - though one source wasn't sure he'd be given Superman - before the official announcement.

Zaslov is making no decisions or promoting any specific way forward. He is waiting on his Feige. Reports otherwise turned out to be false. Superman apparently is not a priority at WBD. This explains the rudderless situation WBD remains in regarding its DC film projects since the merger. Their SDCC presentation was underwhelming. No Batgirl, no promotion of Superman and Lois or other projects. Everything is on hold until the DC position is filled.

Johnson's consternation in seemingly not being able to get a Superman cameo in BA was obvious. His over-the-top emphasis on Cavill as this generation's Superman was likely sparked by frustration. Originally however the rumored cameo was going to be Shazam. Which fits with plans for a BA vs Shazam film. With WBD not making any decisions yet that Shazam cameo presumably remains in place as it was prior to the takeover. Johnson gave life to the rumors with his ill-advised talk of Superman. It came back to haunt WBD at SDCC and online. Johnson will likely go quiet on this now as the studio can't be happy with what happened.

The Deadline rumor makes sense when it's seen as a plant by Cavill's team and as an FU to WBD. Cavill knows he is not coming back and is willing to burn bridges. It seems he may be daring WBD to fire him knowing they will look like the bad guy rather than himself looking that way by walking away from the role.

Bottom line, WBD still has no coherent vision of what to do with their DC properties. This may be why it's not a given Fandome will occur this year - despite the Deadline story. All is in flux but for the films in production and nothing has been decided on what will be the next phase after these films. Hence, at SDCC the Shazam producers didn't seem to know if Shazam 3 is next or BA vs Shazam. That decision needs to be made and will be made when the new head of DC comes on board. That person will also decide whether to continue with previous plans and erase Superman from the DCEU. And that person will probably be the one to officially fire Cavill.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-28-2022 at 11:43 AM.

This dialogue confuses and confounds me. It's the Black Adam film, a Marvel Family character. Yet the cameo is supposed to be Superman rather than Captain Marvel? AND he is showing up in his own movie?

Putting all the confusion into some sort of coherent picture and taking from reliable sources like John Campea and others this seems to be what has/is happening.

Zaslov is waiting for a new head of DC films and will give that person final say on all things DCEU. De Luca just this month came on board as head of WB films, but he will wait on WBD finding their Feige to head the DC division. Zaslov is focused on the organization and getting his folks in place.

There have been no talks with Cavill - likely since the Hamada attempt - to get him to cameo. The rumors about talks are pretty much recycled from that time when a legit source (Variety) reported on it. Variety also noted the talks were not for a Superman solo but for cameos in other DCEU films.

John Campea has given up hope Cavill will return. He is hearing nothing about Superman and/or Cavill from his sources. Other than the Abrams project. Campea's sources were saying Abrams would be brought on board to do Superman - though one source wasn't sure he'd be given Superman - before the official announcement.

Zaslov is making no decisions or promoting any specific way forward. He is waiting on his Feige. Reports otherwise turned out to be false. Superman apparently is not a priority at WBD. This explains the rudderless situation WBD remains in regarding its DC film projects since the merger. Their SDCC presentation was underwhelming. No Batgirl, no promotion of Superman and Lois or other projects. Everything is on hold until the DC position is filled.

Johnson's consternation in seemingly not being able to get a Superman cameo in BA was obvious. His over-the-top emphasis on Cavill as this generation's Superman was likely sparked by frustration. Originally however the rumored cameo was going to be Shazam. Which fits with plans for a BA vs Shazam film. With WBD not making any decisions yet that Shazam cameo presumably remains in place as it was prior to the takeover. Johnson gave life to the rumors with his ill-advised talk of Superman. It came back to haunt WBD at SDCC and online. Johnson will likely go quiet on this now as the studio can't be happy with what happened.

The Deadline rumor makes sense when it's seen as a plant by Cavill's team and as an FU to WBD. Cavill knows he is not coming back and is willing to burn bridges. It seems he may be daring WBD to fire him knowing they will look like the bad guy rather than himself looking that way by walking away from the role.

Bottom line, WBD still has no coherent vision of what to do with their DC properties. This may be why it's not a given Fandome will occur this year - despite the Deadline story. All is in flux but for the films in production and nothing has been decided on what will be the next phase after these films. Hence, at SDCC the Shazam producers didn't seem to know if Shazam 3 is next or BA vs Shazam. That decision needs to be made and will be made when the new head of DC comes on board. That person will also decide whether to continue with previous plans and erase Superman from the DCEU. And that person will probably be the one to officially fire Cavill.
    All of that certainly makes sense. Given WB's track record, it'll be interesting to see if they actually find someone like Feige who cares about the DC characters and not their own vision. So, as you say, I guess it'll depend on who that is before anything happens either direction. Everyone involved would be smart, imo, to be quiet until then. We'll see if they can manage it, lol.

WBD would honestly be smart to can Fandome, unless they want to push the new games and animated things - make it a smaller deal this time, if anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    This dialogue confuses and confounds me. It's the Black Adam film, a Marvel Family character. Yet the cameo is supposed to be Superman rather than Captain Marvel? AND he is showing up in his own movie?
    Yeah - I certainly got on board with the idea, but it was kinda odd to me too, since Captain Marvel is who it should be.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    All of that certainly makes sense. Given WB's track record, it'll be interesting to see if they actually find someone like Feige who cares about the DC characters and not their own vision. So, as you say, I guess it'll depend on who that is before anything happens either direction. Everyone involved would be smart, imo, to be quiet until then. We'll see if they can manage it, lol.
    The good news is that De Luca is a big DC fan, Bats, Wonder Woman and some of the secondary characters. He had peripheral involvement with the Suicide Squad films. Hopefully he sees to it someone like himself - a DC comics fan - gets the nod to be head of the DC film division. Finding a Feige is a top priority for Zaslov and De Luca so hopefully they find someone "perfect" to lead DC and do so expeditiously. Until then WBD remains in churn regarding its DC properties.

Zaslov wants a strategic use of DC's tentpole franchises like Batman, WW and Aquaman. The years long wait between Batman solos - crazy! A Batman film should be out every several years and launch secondary characters from the Batverse. Aquaman did over a billion in 2018 and the sequel does not come out until 2023?! BA and Shazam should be setting up for a follow-up BA vs Shazam film. It'll be interesting to see if WBD does BA2 and Shazam 3 first or rolls right into BA vs Shazam. If both those films are huge we could see a BA vs Shazam announced before the year is out. If a DC film head is in place by then, their announcing a BA vs Shazam as their first act would be huge for the DCEU and be a step towards restoring confidence in it. Meanwhile, Superman seems to be a secondary priority at WBD until the big tentpoles are fully exploited so the Abrams' Black Superman project, if greenlit, may be 5 or so years away from reaching the big screen.

You can bet that Zaslov looks at the uncoordinated plans for the big tentpoles and is exasperated. Huge, missed opportunities to maximize profits which will be the focus for the new head of DC films. Until that person is in place fans have to bide their time and should ignore rumors even if from "legit" sources. Deadline and social media proved that with the Cavill rumor and now watch for the same thing to happen with breaking rumors that Batfleck will appear in several scenes in Aquaman 2.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-28-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Selfishly speaking, if WB finds its Kevin Feige, please let that person be a Superman fan first and foremost. I don't want another person who says he likes Superman but his dream job is creating Batman stories.

Selfishly speaking, if WB finds its Kevin Feige, please let that person be a Superman fan first and foremost. I don't want another person who says he likes Superman but his dream job is creating Batman stories.
    For Krypton This
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

The good news is that De Luca is a big DC fan, Bats, Wonder Woman and some of the secondary characters. He had peripheral involvement with the Suicide Squad films. Hopefully he sees to it someone like himself - a DC comics fan - gets the nod to be head of the DC film division. Finding a Feige is a top priority for Zaslov and De Luca so hopefully they find someone "perfect" to lead DC and do so expeditiously. Until then WBD remains in churn regarding its DC properties.

Zaslov wants a strategic use of DC's tentpole franchises like Batman, WW and Aquaman. The years long wait between Batman solos - crazy! A Batman film should be out every several years and launch secondary characters from the Batverse. Aquaman did over a billion in 2018 and the sequel does not come out until 2023?! BA and Shazam should be setting up for a follow-up BA vs Shazam film. It'll be interesting to see if WBD does BA2 and Shazam 3 first or rolls right into BA vs Shazam. If both those films are huge we could see a BA vs Shazam announced before the year is out. If a DC film head is in place by then, their announcing a BA vs Shazam as their first act would be huge for the DCEU and be a step towards restoring confidence in it. Meanwhile, Superman seems to be a secondary priority at WBD until the big tentpoles are fully exploited so the Abrams' Black Superman project, if greenlit, may be 5 or so years away from reaching the big screen.

You can bet that Zaslov looks at the uncoordinated plans for the big tentpoles and is exasperated. Huge, missed opportunities to maximize profits which will be the focus for the new head of DC films. Until that person is in place fans have to bide their time and should ignore rumors even if from "legit" sources. Deadline and social media proved that with the Cavill rumor and now watch for the same thing to happen with breaking rumors that Batfleck will appear in several scenes in Aquaman 2.
    Yeah, the time in-between is kinda nuts if things are going well. Hopefully Zaslov is good to hit his stride with things quickly, since history has not exactly been in WB's favor - that's for sure.

Holy crap, this. Yes. Honestly, I could do a better job than WB has these past decades. Maybe I should start making some calls, LOL!
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

While we are still wondering if Superman is going to have a face or not, Batfleck is reprising his role for the 3rd time after having said repeatedly of being done for good: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/be...st-kingdom-dc/

💀💀💀

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    While we are still wondering if Superman is going to have a face or not, Batfleck is reprising his role for the 3rd time after having said repeatedly of being done for good: https://comicbook.com/movies/news/be...st-kingdom-dc/

������
    Remember when WB/DC were so overly concerned about confusing audiences with multiple versions of Batman out simultaneously? Yeah, apparently not a thing anymore...

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Remember when WB/DC were so overly concerned about confusing audiences with multiple versions of Batman out simultaneously? Yeah, apparently not a thing anymore...
    They freak out about having Bruce on a tv show but now we have 3 different Bruces/Bats on the big screen....make it make sense WB!