Page 38 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm all for having more Superman material without any presence of Lex in it.
    Yes! Especially that one, the worst of them all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Cavill did not sign on for just a cameo. He'll be in another film or two. An MOS sequel - which likely would be called Superman and release at XMAS 2025 - and a BA vs Superman/possibly Shazam film. The former film will have Cavill as co-star and the latter will apparently be a team film. Bringing in Supergirl to launch her solo franchise. If you wanted a strictly solo Superman film that will not happen. Putting Supergirl in a Superman film makes her, if not the co-star, the lead supporting actor. It'll be her story as well as Superman's story. Not what I want but Cavill apparently agreed. Maybe it was take it or leave it - this is as close as you're going to get to a solo. Who knows.

BTW, if BA does well the Cavill film will be announced this year. If BA does just OK Cavill will still get his film but probably no announcement until next year.
    Well, given that BA is involving the JSA, it would be a natural to use Power Girl instead, that is if DC and WB liked her enough, which I doubt. But PG's a better fit than SG. And she's fought BA in the comics before, I don't think SG has done that solo.

If anyone needed further convincing that The Rock views Black Adam as a mechanism for fighting Superman, this extract from a Facebook post he made about being cast 15 years ago speaks volumes: https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohns...8HWgU7wdWtS7rl

To me - and us at @sevenbucksprod - Teth Adam’s story mattered.
    A slave, yet blessed with the powers of Superman - Teth Adam is full of rage because his family was ripped away from him. Gone forever.
    You may not agree with Black Adam’s form of justice, but he’s a protector of his people and will always do what’s right.
    No comparison whatsoever with Captain Marvel/Shazam who is Adam's primary antagonist, the direct contrast with Superman makes the new plan for DC's cinematic future clear. Which makes me feel sorry for the Captain Marvel/Shazam fans who are losing Billy Batson's archenemy to Superman.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    If anyone needed further convincing that The Rock views Black Adam as a mechanism for fighting Superman, this extract from a Facebook post he made about being cast 15 years ago speaks volumes: https://www.facebook.com/DwayneJohns...8HWgU7wdWtS7rl

No comparison whatsoever with Captain Marvel/Shazam who is Adam's primary antagonist, the direct contrast with Superman makes the new plan for DC's cinematic future clear. Which makes me feel sorry for the Captain Marvel/Shazam fans who are losing Billy Batson's archenemy to Superman.
    well we have doctor sivana and mister mind for that

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post

I get the impression that the Rock's preferences were the only thing that mattered pushing this thing, which is probably why it apparently is terrible, at least if you buy the critics' take. That's a video game, not a good reason to make a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I get the impression that the Rock's preferences were the only thing that mattered pushing this thing, which is probably why it apparently is terrible, at least if you buy the critics' take. That's a video game, not a good reason to make a movie.
    Many are comparing BA to MOS. Too, too much violence. Looks like the RT score could be similar. Johnson was too beholding to the Snyder "trance" - as in I think Snyder'sfilms are mostly junk and don't get those who bow at his altar.

Extraordinary Member

Many are comparing BA to MOS. Too, too much violence. Looks like the RT score could be similar. Johnson was too beholding to the Snyder "trance" - as in I think Snyder'sfilms are mostly junk and don't get those who bow at his altar.
    The scary thing is that a guy who was proud of how his hero rips people in half wants to guide the DCEU going forward. Damn, that would sink them if that's what he likes.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am glad that @jeffrey2 found a mate..Now they can both be appalled by the moral decay and how did @last son of krypton put it?.. Kicking puppies? Together...
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-19-2022 at 02:32 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

What are the chances of box office of black adam affecting Henry's new deal? They could just pull the plug right?

Extraordinary Member

Why would they fight for a guy who let's face it was a mediocre at best Superman? Let him go back to The Witcher, (but keep him far away from Highlander---actually don't remake it after all), and recast someone who will do a better job. Someone who has the charisma to play Superman. I don't get this love for a guy who probably tried, but failed repeatedly to match most of the other screen Supermen. Dwayne can always wrestle Cavill in a WWE match if he HAS to fight Superman. It'd probably be more entertaining than watching one invulnerable tank fight another after seeing that so many times already. MoSnap already did that one, several times.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-19-2022 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    What are the chances of box office of black adam affecting Henry's new deal? They could just pull the plug right?
    It's a possibility. The Rock's cache would be hurt in this scenario and plans he may have brainstormed with DeLuca for the DCEU put on hold. Not just an MOS sequel but other things as well. As it an MOS2 would not come out before late 2025 or 2026. WBD does not have to formally pull the plug - just slow walk the project to effectively kill it. If things go this way WBD could put new development on hold (but for a sure bet like WW3) and focus on seeing that Flash and Aquaman 2 do well north of a billion setting up a sale/merge of WBD in 2024/2025.

It's a possibility. The Rock's cache would be hurt in this scenario and plans he may have brainstormed with DeLuca for the DCEU put on hold. Not just an MOS sequel but other things as well. As it an MOS2 would not come out before late 2025 or 2026. WBD does not have to formally pull the plug - just slow walk the project to effectively kill it. If things go this way WBD could put new development on hold (but for a sure bet like WW3) and focus on seeing that Flash and Aquaman 2 do well north of a billion setting up a sale/merge of WBD in 2024/2025.
    There is such things as contractual obligation.. Ofcourse if not,market demands can end a direction.I was asking regarding that..

Man of steel movie was made not cause corporates like superman or had faith in the character.It's cause of the lawsuit.As for the other things,i don't really care for corporate politics..As long as Aquaman 2 happens and is great..I don't really give a eff..WB has never produced mass scale quality superman content..Never.So,they will likely keep their track record.Character going to someone else would be good.I wish it was paramount though.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-19-2022 at 11:10 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I don't think it'll make any difference. Henry is set to appear in The Flash next. And has a solo in development. I expect The Flash will make the audience rediscover and revalue MoS (not unlikely NWH helped changing Garfield Spider-Man movies' perception), possibly making Cavill's next solo more anticipated.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    (not unlikely NWH helped changing Garfield Spider-Man movies' perception), possibly making Cavill's next solo more anticipated.
    Garfield's movies always had that built-in Garfied/Stone following, NWH worked because it tapped into the Peter and Gwen story and was it's natural conclusion.