Page 19 of 53 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Proper rumors of Cavill being allegedly back started only few days ago from Umberto Gonzalez, Daniel Ritchman's "inner circle" and maybe someone else I'm not aware about. They all believed Cavill wasn't involved anymore and changed their mind over the last week.
    Update: today, all kind of insiders/scoopers are tweeting about Cavill being back as Superman. Whoever you follow of them has probably tweeted about it or will soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I believe that Cavill has a post credit scene in BA and that is likely why these guys are changing their tune. They know it too. That does not mean Cavill is coming back long-term. IMO he is doing a favor for Johnson by appearing in BA. These guys aren't saying Cavill is coming back beyond BA. The only "scoopers" saying that as far as I know are Syl and Mike Sutton and they have their own agenda.

It's likely no final decision has been made on Superman. The new WB Studio's head will have that at the top of his list. As Variety reported yesterday WBD could reboot, try to bring Cavill back or go with Abrams Black Superman - if they do the latter and given Zaslav's desire for a shared universe the Abrams Superman likely gets folded into the DCEU instead of being in its own universe. Plus, WBD needs to determine how they use Superman in the DCEU. Will he be in supporting roles or get his own films?

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ry-1235353666/
    Yeah, I'm aware the DCEU is on hold right now and the future is uncertain. But in the Variety article, Cavill is mentioned in 2 different options to revitalize the Superman franchise under the new leadership... not bad for a guy that should've been fired yesterday, lol.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-30-2022 at 02:22 PM.

Update: today, all kind of insiders/scoopers are tweeting about Cavill being back as Superman. Whoever you follow of them has probably tweeted about it or will soon.

Yeah, I'm aware the DCEU is on hold right now and the future is uncertain. But in the Variety article, Cavill is mentioned in 2 different options to revitalize the Superman franchise under the new leadership... not bad for a guy that should've been fired yesterday, lol.
    Zaslav has been trying to restore the Snyderverse insofar as getting the actors back. He reached out to Affleck, Cavill and Miller. Rumor is Fisher gets an apology from WBD and comes back as Cyborg. Syl and Sutton claimed Cavill would be back a month ago. If this turns out to be true, both will rise in the world of scoopers.

If Cavill is back the question is can he pull off a financially successful film. It's a given he'd be getting an MOS2 if he's back. WW, Aquaman, Joker are billion-dollar franchises. The Batman made almost 800 million even though hampered by Covid. BA - supposedly WBD is looking for better numbers than Batman. Another Superman film needs to do a billion plus to establish itself as a viable DCEU franchise. Cavill will, if he returns, have to put in a much better, more engaging and more relatable performance than he did in his previous 3 Superman outings.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-30-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Yeah I’ve seen a bunch of “leakers” tweeting about Cavill today. I guess it’s happening. I was kinda hoping Zaslav would dump both Cavill and Abrams/Coates but whatever, I don’t have high hopes for film Superman anymore. Long as Snyder doesn’t return with him then fine. I guess Cavill wants to do Brainiac so at least I’ll have that to look forward to.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

A friend kept sending me links to the Syl and Mikey "show". I thought they were blowing smoke. They claimed to know how many films Cavill is getting which made me more dubious. Plus, they are all about Snyder which I am not. To their credit they may have called it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spmZ04iIqMQ&t=11s

If true, the return of Cavill is problematic for a future Superman film and more so if Snyder is involved. Others may disagree and that is fine. Still all this is just rumor until WBD announces something or Variety/THR report that Cavill is back.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-06-2022 at 08:19 AM.

I wouldn't consider Syl and Sutton insiders/scoopers, they fall more into the "con-artists" category, lol. It's years they claim the same things all over again: Cavill is back, Affleck is back, Fisher is back, Superman will wear the black suit, Snyder is back to direct MoS 2 and JL 2/3, the Snyderverse will be restored, Snyder's enemies will be fired, etc. That's all Snyder fans want to hear to pay and give clicks for. Even if one thing turn out true or half true, they can't be considered legit because they never had a source for their claims, and asspulled all their pro-Snyder crap to pander to their primary audience.

The actual insiders cited in this thread don't pander to Snyder fans and they lost hope for Cavill playing Superman long ago or wanted him gone for good, or didn't care either way. Whatever they heard recently to make them changing tune about Cavill wasn't asspulled by them. Gonzalez is a journalist for The Wrap. Ritchman is a scooper with a good track record and he told privately to his friends that Cavill was back, many of these minor scoopers are relying on his info right now. I saw some Marvel leaker saying the same. And other scoopers I have no idea what kind of rumors usually use to cover. Walsh has sources but he is hit and miss for the DC scoops partly because his deep hatred for Snyder and everything associated with him (Cavill's Superman included) led him to support any garbage rumors (like MTTSH's The Flash bs) to piss off Snyder fans. He pushed hard for years that Cavill was done (even when he was officially in negotiation to return), and would be the last person to jump into the current "Cavill is back as Superman" bandwagon, but he is doing it. DCFilmInsiderGal was teasing earlier than all of them (in July) Cavill's alleged return... apparently she works for WB's marketing department.

Apples and oranges compared to the likes of Sutton and Syl.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-31-2022 at 11:53 AM.

Superman-related crumbs in Black Adam, and the Supes vs Black Adam's set up:

spoilers:
    I'm not aware if Superman is directly referenced during the movie (it's possible, I guess). But he does appear in a scene as a background Easter-Egg, as mural art, lol.

Superman's villains, the Intergang are the main baddies in the movie along with Sabbac (3rd act's final boss). They are the guys with the flying bikes and advanced tech shown in the trailer. The Intergang have invaded Kahndaq looking for the Eternium.

It was already teased in the Peacemaker show the news of Kahndaq being under control of the Intergang. Both projects were shoot around the same time, and there's more than that one connection as we'll see below.

During the film, Black Adam gets captured by Amanda Waller and her team (Harcourt from Peacemaker and TSS appears). You know Waller, she wants these people under control, lol. Adam frees himself. And this lead Waller to send him Superman as a sort of threat after the credits. Superman has the Cavill's suit from BvS/JL, zoomed in on his chest.

I don't think he is supposed to be a government's lapdog or some shit. As established at the end of Peacemaker, Waller has the whole JL on her speed dial (I assume Gunn has collaborated and was consulted for BA). And the JSA works with her too.

It seems their plan was/is to have Amanda Waller as the "Lex Luthor" of the situation, putting Adam and Superman against each other for her own benefit. Idk if the Intergang and their connection with both Superman and Darkseid could potentially become a factor in the future.
    end of spoilers
    Some of the stuff above I listed back in August are shown or implied in the new Black Adam trailer. The Intergang keeps appearing in the trailers but without being name-dropped. The big devil-ish guy is spoilers:
    one of the Intergang members being possessed by the demon Sabbac toward the end of the movie.
    end of spoilers The JSA working with Waller and her team trapping Adam is hinted/shown. As for Waller's "connection" with Superman and the JL: the team is listed among her affiliations (see the screenshots below).

Likely, Superman himself will become publicly part of the promotion after the movie will be out, to generate buzz for the 2nd weekend of release.

Some of the stuff above I listed back in August are shown or implied in the new Black Adam trailer. The Intergang keeps appearing in the trailers but without being name-dropped. The big devil-ish guy is spoilers:
    one of the Intergang members being possessed by the demon Sabbac toward the end of the movie.
    end of spoilers The JSA working with Waller and her team trapping Adam is hinted/shown. As for Waller's "connection" with Superman and the JL: the team is listed among her affiliations (see the screenshots below).

Likely, Superman himself will become publicly part of the promotion after the movie will be out, to generate buzz for the 2nd weekend of release.

Justice League, Suicide Squad, and what’s the third team listed? Or is that just “United States”?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm an old timer. I've been reading comics for over forty years. Superman and DC have always been my favorites. I've read and seen a lot, but nothing was as awful as Man of Steel. A lot of people said the New 52 mistreated Superman, but that guy was a great combination of multiple eras with a dash of new stuff. The character in Man of Steel wasn't Superman. Maybe he'd work as a Multiverse version, but those variations on a theme only work when the theme has been reinforced. Had Cavill played a recognizable "core" version of Superman, I'd have been open to seeing a darker version down the line.

I'm sure he's a good guy and I wish him success, but I don't want to see Cavill or any of the trappings of Zack Snyder's nihilistic worldview back. I know I'm not in the minority but I also see that TPTB don't have a clue. The best thing would be a full reboot but they're too cowardly to try it.

As for this old chunk of coal, I'll stick to the comics that feature Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Justice League, Suicide Squad, and what’s the third team listed? Or is that just “United States”?
    It's cut and not visible in the trailer. I thought United States Government or some variation, idk.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    I'm an old timer. I've been reading comics for over forty years. Superman and DC have always been my favorites. I've read and seen a lot, but nothing was as awful as Man of Steel. A lot of people said the New 52 mistreated Superman, but that guy was a great combination of multiple eras with a dash of new stuff. The character in Man of Steel wasn't Superman. Maybe he'd work as a Multiverse version, but those variations on a theme only work when the theme has been reinforced. Had Cavill played a recognizable "core" version of Superman, I'd have been open to seeing a darker version down the line.

I'm sure he's a good guy and I wish him success, but I don't want to see Cavill or any of the trappings of Zack Snyder's nihilistic worldview back. I know I'm not in the minority but I also see that TPTB don't have a clue. The best thing would be a full reboot but they're too cowardly to try it.

As for this old chunk of coal, I'll stick to the comics that feature Superman.
    None of the actors cast by Snyder (Gadot, Momoa) are forced to carry with them the "trappings of Zack Snyder's nihilistic worldview". Cavill didn't seem to even liking Snyder's vision as he implied in various interviews: https://batman-news.com/2017/10/31/h...-hasnt-worked/

None of the actors cast by Snyder (Gadot, Momoa) are forced to carry with them the "trappings of Zack Snyder's nihilistic worldview". Cavill didn't seem to even liking Snyder's vision as he implied in various interviews: https://batman-news.com/2017/10/31/h...-hasnt-worked/
    Exactly. Any of the Snyder-era actors could return in films that are wildly different from Snyder's. Hell, Mamoa and Gadot already have, and both have been wildly successful.

That said, while they *can* bring back Cavill, I still doubt that's wise. Had MoS performed better then I'd say it's worth keeping Cav-El around, but that film, while profitable, was polarizing as hell. I think Cavill was a good Superman, and could have been definitive if he had better material to work with. But as it is? I doubt he's a big enough draw in the role to outweigh the inevitable comparisons and whining about Snyder. Better to just re-cast and move on. Gadot and Mamoa were popular with audiences from the start, so it's worth wrapping up their trilogies and contracts before recasting, but Cavill hasn't been Superman since 2017 and as much as I want to see him get a chance to do the role justice, it's likely better business to start from scratch with a new cast.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I actually think casual fans like Cavill. They seem to separate the concept of an actor's portrayal from the script/tone of a previous movie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

From the sounds of it, Cavill is indeed returning. We'll find out for sure in a month, but it seems pretty likely now.

Who knows what kind of deal Cavill's agents managed to secure and whether that will actually get a solo Superman movie a greenlight.

But, for better or worse, Cavill is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Exactly. Any of the Snyder-era actors could return in films that are wildly different from Snyder's. Hell, Mamoa and Gadot already have, and both have been wildly successful.

That said, while they *can* bring back Cavill, I still doubt that's wise. Had MoS performed better then I'd say it's worth keeping Cav-El around, but that film, while profitable, was polarizing as hell. I think Cavill was a good Superman, and could have been definitive if he had better material to work with. But as it is? I doubt he's a big enough draw in the role to outweigh the inevitable comparisons and whining about Snyder. Better to just re-cast and move on. Gadot and Mamoa were popular with audiences from the start, so it's worth wrapping up their trilogies and contracts before recasting, but Cavill hasn't been Superman since 2017 and as much as I want to see him get a chance to do the role justice, it's likely better business to start from scratch with a new cast.
    I think it was BvS to make retroactively MoS more divisive than it actually was when it was first released. I do recall even MoS' RT score dropped after BvS came out. Outside of Mark Waid and other fanboys still mad that Cavill didn't wear trunks or snapped Zod's neck, I don't think the general audience look back negatively to the movie, majority have probably forgot about it or never had real issues about the film.

If WB has no plan to reboot the DCEU anytime soon, just stick with Cavill like they are keeping all the other past actors.

I think it was BvS to make retroactively MoS more divisive than it actually was when it was first released. I do recall even MoS' RT score dropped after BvS came out. Outside of Mark Waid and other fanboys still mad that Cavill didn't wear trunks or snapped Zod's neck, I don't think the general audience look back negatively to the movie, majority have probably forgot about it or never had real issues about the film.

If WB has no plan to reboot the DCEU anytime soon, just stick with Cavill like they are keeping all the other past actors.

To be fair, Waid wasn't upset about the lack of trunks. He was upset about how Zod died, particularly how the scenario was written. Even Snyder and Goyer admitted a few years after the film that the original plan called for Zod to be sucked back into the PZ. Seems to me that would have helped with one of that film's biggest criticisms.

Quote Originally Posted by All Star Superman View Post
    To be fair, Waid wasn't upset about the lack of trunks. He was upset about how Zod died, particularly how the scenario was written. Even Snyder and Goyer admitted a few years after the film that the original plan called for Zod to be sucked back into the PZ. Seems to me that would have helped with one of that film's biggest criticisms.
    I know...

Outside of Mark Waid and other fanboys still mad that Cavill didn't wear trunks or snapped Zod's neck.
    The main reason why Snyder decided to change the ending and have Zod not being sucked into the PZ with Faora and the whole kryptonian spaceship was that Superman wasn't going to have a role into the final resolution of the movie. Emil Hamilton would've saved the day sending the kryptonians into the PZ while SM was just stopping the terraforming machine in the Pacific Ocean. The movie needed a proper fight at the end.