Page 21 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I expect another Superman in his own separate world for movies.

While Cavil plays the other Superman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    My guess is Batfleck gets a solo. His solo - the one he'd been working on. Beyond that it may be he does not want to put the time into doing Batman sequels but rather in team films like the JL which require less of a time commitment. And cameos as well. A Batman solo, JL2, JL3 and some small guesting roles would fit Affleck's plans which include producing his own films. That schedule would not overwhelm the DCEU with Batman. It allows for a full-on reboot after the JL films maybe 7 years into the 10-year plan. All new actors - Phase 2 so to speak.
    In 2021, HBO Max proposed him to do his own Batman miniseries and he refused. All he did as Batman in past years (Snydercut's new scenes, The Flash, Aquaman 2) only required him few days on set.

Right now, Pattinson is still the only Batman getting solos. And Keaton is still Affleck's replacement in the DCEU. The Flash had 2 weeks of reshoots in late May, and in the last test screening (July) at the end spoilers:
    Batfleck was still stuck in another reality sending a message for help to Barry.
    end of spoilers He was supposed to be stuck over there for quite some time, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z View Post

All the Supermen of the multiverse will fight for the spotlight.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-15-2022 at 12:53 PM.

Nope. If Cavill’s back it’s assuredly with the promise that he will get solo Superman movies. There won’t be two competing Superman film franchises operating at the same time. Pattinson being the Batman who does solo movies is why WB just wanted Keaton for cameos.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Nope. If Cavill’s back it’s assuredly with the promise that he will get solo Superman movies. There won’t be two competing Superman film franchises operating at the same time. Pattinson being the Batman who does solo movies is why WB just wanted Keaton for cameos.
    Disagree. Cavil for DCEU appearances and no movie. And new Superman for new stand alone movies.

According to Snyder's long-time collaborator Jay Oliva, originally Zack wanted to use Donner's theme for Cavill's Superman but WB said nope, lol: https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status...05924636086272

Snyder is a Donner fanboy!

Disagree. Cavil for DCEU appearances and no movie. And new Superman for new stand alone movies.
    Nope. That was Hamada’s plan and it’s why Cavill’s been gone for five years. The details are unknown but Cavill has been outspoken that he wants another solo movie, and every other rumored offer before now did not include one. Thus Cavill has not accepted and returned. If he’s returning now it’s because with Hamada on the way out, and Zaslav in charge, the new regime has likely agreed to give Cavill another solo. There’s no reason for Cavill to fold and take scraps given he’s got plenty of other projects in the works that have him as a lead.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    spoilers:
    Batfleck was still stuck in another reality sending a message for help to Barry.
    end of spoilers He was supposed to be stuck over there for quite some time, lol.
    A million salty quips came to mind. I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    A million salty quips came to mind. I'll leave it at that.
    I know you hope WB drop Ezra and Barry for Batfleck being left over there forever without no one rescuing him.

WBD is not going to do that. Cavill doing cameos is because he seemingly has been guaranteed a solo film. That has been his price. Aside from Batman, WBD wants single iterations of the main characters. One Superman and that to the exclusion most likely of Superman and Lois which is a different universe. Hence the current season most likely is the last for S&L.

It's looking like a soft reboot with Zaslav bringing in as many of the JL actors as he can. Don't be surprised if Ray Fischer comes back. His avatar was just added to the HBO MAX DCEU JL avatars. Note that Batfleck has an avatar but not Pattison. Other actors such as Amy Adams and Jesse Eisenberg will likely be recast. Given the actor's ages and their desires to do other things a total reboot will come after the JL films. New actors across the board through some Crisis event.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-15-2022 at 04:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Who and what are the sources for those claims? How do we know they didnt made it all up or misinfo?

The only other answer is recast and one Superman.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to Snyder's long-time collaborator Jay Oliva, originally Zack wanted to use Donner's theme for Cavill's Superman but WB said nope, lol: https://twitter.com/jayoliva1/status...05924636086272

Snyder is a Donner fanboy!

MOS was basically a Mashup of the two Donner films and Batman Begins. There are more similarities between Donner and Snyderverse Superman than most want to admit.

I've seen some pretty epic mashups of the Williams theme and the Zimmer MOS theme I've seen out there that I'd love to see be the official DCEU Superman theme.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Batman begins? honestly,it felt like donner+earthone+postcrisis things like for tomorrow ,byrne..etc.

Is there any word on coates superman?I just want a goldenage adaptation of superman or pastiche.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Batman begins? honestly,it felt like donner+earthone+postcrisis things like for tomorrow ,byrne..etc.

Is there any word on coates superman?I just want a goldenage adaptation of superman or pastiche.
    In terms of narrative structure the first two thirds of the movie has a lot in common with Batman Begins. Notice how both handle their respective origins. Flashbacks etc. Christopher Nolan and David Goyer wrote the story treatment after all.

I think the Coates Superman project is probably dead or on life support. Mostly because apparently Zazlov isn't happy with JJ Abrams not delivering anything of substance with all the money the previous owners of WB paid him to produce. If it gets made, I have a feeling it will be in the hands of another producer that isn't Abrams/Bad Robot.

My feeling is that IF Cavill is back, he's getting another Solo Superman film in the next three years. If Coates project comes out, it will be after that. The longer the delay the less likely it will actually happen.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    MOS was basically a Mashup of the two Donner films and Batman Begins. There are more similarities between Donner and Snyderverse Superman than most want to admit.

I've seen some pretty epic mashups of the Williams theme and the Zimmer MOS theme I've seen out there that I'd love to see be the official DCEU Superman theme.
    As for many around his age, Snyder's main references for Superman are Donner and Byrne/triangle era. Snyder's Superman is Donner's Superman on a bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's on hold like everything else.

"However that is resolved, the new DC chief needs to find a new way to revive Superman. There are already several schools of thought there. One is to simply bring back Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel. Another would be to move forward with a J.J. Abrams-produced film that was supposed to have a script by Ta-Nehisi Coates and would have reportedly been the first to feature a Black Superman. Option three is to start from scratch or proceed with both the Abrams-Coates and Cavill versions of Supes at the same time."
    https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ry-1235353666/

Even the possibility that they might toss both Cavill and Coates/Abrams, and go with someone else rebooting the character offers a small inkling of hope for me. I don’t expect it to happen, I expect come Oct that if Cavill is in Black Adam we’ll get an official press reveal that he’s signed a new deal and MoS2 will enter production, but I can hope.