Page 40 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Like it or not, they don't turn up in droves to see his movies.
    Like it or not ,the movie star is dead..No one goes to theatre because of who is starring in it.Henry is good as any was my point.Especially stone and Garfield...
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Apparently Cavill's deal was a one-off to complete Black Adam and The Flash with the scenes already planned/written for him. Currently he has no contract for a solo or other projects. Go watch Black Adam 3 or 4 more times, gals and guys.

Source: https://view.email.hollywoodreporter...a3af55c7a1270f

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    One thing we have to keep in mind is that "Man of Steel " wouldn't have happened if not for the Siegel heirs via their copyright termination lawsuit , nearly acquiring the film rights to Superman because Warners had dragged their heels in making a sequel to Superman Returns. I'm not a lawyer and up on every detail, but based on what had come out around the time, if WB didn't have a Superman movie in active development by the end of 2011, the heirs could have used a clause in their contract to take the film rights away from WB and produce Superman films themselves. Their lawyer had already set up a "studio" to do just that in anticipation. So WB rushed what would become MOS into production based on a pitch by Christopher Nolan and David Goyer.

Also this was in the wake of Green Lantern failing at the box office and it was supposed to launch the DCEU. After failing to convince Nolan to let them use the TDK universe as a step off point for a DCEU, then MOS became a logical next possibility and all they needed for that to happen was MOS doing "good enough " to launch a universe and get to the Justice League film they had been wanting for a decade by that point...and thats what happened.

Im not convinced that WB was ever interested in making another solo Superman film again. Even if MOS made a lot more money. They didn't want to lose the film rights because they needed him for the extended universe but not for solo movies. Mos would have had to make a billion plus for WB to have changed their mind and make a Superman solo sequel.
    Actually they were interested at different points and begged Gunn to do a SM movie for example: https://www.slashfilm.com/582448/james-gunn-superman/

If it was anything like TSS, Gunn could've choose to recast/reboot/anything. He said he was free to recast Harley's Margot. After JL's bombed, WB stop caring of the shared universe and let creatives decide to keep the established cast or reboot. It's likely even Abrams had similar options. The DCEU is a mess.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Apparently Cavill's deal was a one-off to complete Black Adam and The Flash with the scenes already planned/written for him. Currently he has no contract for a solo or other projects. Go watch Black Adam 3 or 4 more times, gals and guys.

Source: https://view.email.hollywoodreporter...a3af55c7a1270f
    Interesting. I still don't think this really was just a "one off" deal unless he got assurances he never got before...i.e. another staring role as Superman either in a solo film or a team up. Assurances that Walter Hamada and or his bosses at WB weren't prepared to give. Henry probably gave up on any assurances from the current brass and thus why he didn't cameo in Shazam, Peacemaker etc. I guess with the change in the guard Henry was open to be a team player this time as a peace offering to the new brass who seem interested in continuing with him.

I still think Henry signed more than just this. We just don't know the full details of it. I have to imagine there's something in writing somewhere to get Henry on board.

But yes, if true and we want more Superman, Black Adam has to do at least decently. If it falls below expectations it could mean an end before there's even a beginning.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

There’s nothing now because they’re only just starting to put together a new solo. Cavill probably used the last movie on his old contract for the Black Adam/Flash cameos which means he needs a new contract. That will take time and negotiations, I doubt any concrete promises have been made, but both sides seem interested in working together before where Hamada was not, and I think it likely he’ll sign a new contract soon. He’s got an interview coming up next week, no doubt he’ll be talking about Superman there.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Interesting. I still don't think this really was just a "one off" deal unless he got assurances he never got before...i.e. another staring role as Superman either in a solo film or a team up. Assurances that Walter Hamada and or his bosses at WB weren't prepared to give. Henry probably gave up on any assurances from the current brass and thus why he didn't cameo in Shazam, Peacemaker etc. I guess with the change in the guard Henry was open to be a team player this time as a peace offering to the new brass who seem interested in continuing with him.

I still think Henry signed more than just this. We just don't know the full details of it. I have to imagine there's something in writing somewhere to get Henry on board.

But yes, if true and we want more Superman, Black Adam has to do at least decently. If it falls below expectations it could mean an end before there's even a beginning.
    Yes, contracts get renegotiated. Initially, Gal had a deal for 3 movies (BvS/WW/JL) followed by a new deal and pay raise after her success in the role.

For now, Henry signed and got paid for at least 2 cameos. If he'll get to do more as a supporting character in BA 2, doing more cameos or starring in a solo, it'll all fall under a new contract.

After all the hype for his comeback, I expect he'll not get dumped after The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There’s nothing now because they’re only just starting to put together a new solo. Cavill probably used the last movie on his old contract for the Black Adam/Flash cameos which means he needs a new contract. That will take time and negotiations, I doubt any concrete promises have been made, but both sides seem interested in working together before where Hamada was not, and I think it likely he’ll sign a new contract soon. He’s got an interview coming up next week, no doubt he’ll be talking about Superman there.
    The new deal for the cameos was made this year. He had no old obligations from past contracts.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2022 at 10:04 AM.

Yeah!i am gonna say how black adam does is probably gonna decide the fate of this direction..

It seems they are already working on the sequel's script if it's not already done: https://comicbook.com/dc/news/black-...quel-superman/

Superman should be a supporting character there and in future BA sequels to build toward their showdown, if the first film is successful enough to get the sequel greenlighted, Henry should get a multiple picture deal.

Tell to all your friends and their families that BA is the best CBM ever and go watch it in theater multiple times.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2022 at 11:16 AM.

Oh!i wish i could my family and friends aren't into superhero movies(except for one wierd cousin i have).they are casuals who watched some avengers here and there.I would have to start wrestling match to drag them to theatres.I am pretty sure they will probably rock bottom me...

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Oh!i wish i could my family and friends aren't into superhero movies(except for one wierd cousin i have).they are casuals who watched some avengers here and there.I would have to start wrestling match to drag them to theatres.I am pretty sure they will probably rock bottom me...
    Trick them it's not a superhero movie but more a Snyder's 300 type of action flick.

Jim Lee was another advocate for the BA ending scene: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1583557864907382785

A bit of the process to create the SM's scene. Originally it was shoot temporary with a stunt double as a test to see if it works before getting Henry (who was busy filming The Witcher at the time) to film the final version, except that Hamada said no and the scene could've remained another embarrassing headless cameo if The Rock didn't get his way, smh: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...ll-1235245692/

I recall, around a year ago, The Rock implied on his socials he had planned a scene of SM and BA meeting. I think he was 100% sure to get it made and teased his followers like it was going to be in the movie. There was no way he wouldn't have fought to get it made properly after being so open about it. Edit: This is one of his old tweets I just found: https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1458598054953504771
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2022 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Trick them it's not a superhero movie but more a Snyder's 300 type of action flick.
    Yeah!they will probably roll their eyes..like they do and say pass.Better than getting my ass kicked.They would be more excited for an avatar than these movies..Not to mention tons of content from china,india,japan and korea.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-22-2022 at 07:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Henry knows what The Rock wants to do and I highly doubt he'd sign on for a little cameo that goes absolutely nowhere. As long as he gets his solo film...he'll be returning for more films in general.

Projected to hit $62 million in opening weekend. I guess that's decent for October?

I can almost imagine somewhere some former WB exec is probably thinking it'd hit $70 million if Henry Cavill wasn't in it... and have a 6.0 Rotten Tomatoes score... Henry Cavill holding down the DCEU again...

black adam politics
    As a Middle Easterner I was shocked and absolutely delighted to see how well conveyed the struggles and perspectives of much of our brethren was.

The Justice Society cared not for the suffering of the Kahndaqians until they finally gained a powerful leader (Black Adam) who could threaten them and the current global order.

Only then did they decide to intervene in a downtrodden region of the world that they had long neglected.

“Protecting global stability” and “maintaining peace” were the empty slogans thrown around by Hawkman to justify the JSA’s intervention, while in reality Kahndaq finally had a leader who could lift them into prosperity and restore them to their former glory.
    Clark going to kahndaq doing his savior shtick could be absolutely idiotic and nightmare worthy.It could easily seen through this prism.I am not saying middle east has no problems.

i am telling ya they should burn down his entire shtick cause it ain't gonna be seen through good eyes.it would be dark knight returns all over again.This is literally nightmare fuel for the champion(emphasis..as in one of them and not above them) of the oppressed.And People ask why superman ain't universaly liked and only polarising.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 10-22-2022 at 11:30 PM.