Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Venomized-spider-man View Post
    Wait that still going on wasn't there rumor that the send back the script to be rework again without black superman and the time era set in modern day
    I did not see anything about dropping the black Superman but there were rumors that the studio really liked the script but felt there was too little action which might hurt the project's financial viability, so they sent to script back for some rewrites. As far as we know the project is in pre-production but there have been no recent updates.

Heard a podcast where they asked if audiences won't turn out for a Superman film why would they think they would for a black Superman film with big changes to core elements of the character? There is financial risk with the project even with a good script. I am not convinced WB will go forward with it.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-22-2022 at 01:53 PM.

An interesting interview with BA director. He seems to imply there won't be a Superman, or Shazam, cameo in BA. Some have claimed to see screenings and say there is a faceless Superman cameo but who knows. Maybe, as they couldn't get Cavill to do a cameo, they dropped it? Especially if, as implied, a BA vs Supes film is not in the works. Nice head fake by the BA producers if true as my bet is Johnson's team started the rumor about Cavill being at ComicCon and talking "more Superman".

https://thedirect.com/article/henry-...ck-adam-rumors

“[their] movie is an original story… “by the time the movie ends, [Black Adam] doesn’t know who Shazam or Superman is… he’s figuring that out [that the world is filled with superheroes… he has to adapt to why he is here, [and]what the world is about.”

He also seems to feel that BA fighting Shazam is more in continuity than BA fighting Superman - even though fans want a showdown with Supes. Plus, no detailed plans yet on the sequel.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-23-2022 at 08:07 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

pr that doesn't deliver can easily back fire , can cause backlash and sink the movie under audience expectations.So creating rumours and things like that is double edged sword.I don't think The rock the show business guy is dumb enough to do that..If superman thing has built expectations..that is.

And the director is right.Captain marvel facing off black adam is more important..From story perspective and character perspective..But,this black adam ain't just traditional black adam..He's basically superman who doesn't give eff from the first promo.
    "Truth,justice and black adam way".
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    pr that doesn't deliver can easily back fire , can cause backlash and sink the movie under audience expectations.So creating rumours and things like that is double edged sword.I don't think The rock the show business guy is dumb enough to do that..If superman thing has built expectations..that is.

And the director is right.Captain marvel facing off black adam is more important..From story perspective and character perspective..But,this black adam ain't just traditional black adam..He's basically superman who doesn't give eff from the first promo.
    "Truth,justice and black adam way".
    True about PR and expectations but the Superman cameo stuff was initially driven by fan hopes. Never confirmed, it took on a life of its own. To where some folks say they saw screenings and there was a faceless Superman and others say they saw screenings and there was no Superman cameo. So yeah, the rumor could have been started by Superman/Cavill fans. It took off for a day or so with podcasts saying WB would announce MOS2 at SDCC. Then Cavill being in the UK today deflated it all. I'm not a Cavill fan but those who are so tend to be fierce about Cavill coming back as Supes. Maybe this was an effort by them to "force" Zaslav to bring Cavill back but that was never going to succeed.

Its like the Zaslov stories saying he wanted to drop all Superman stuff and start again with Cavill. As Campea pointed out the story actually said someone at WBD told Zaslov to do that and that person was anonymous. Probably no such thing happened. In fact Zaslav has been pretty moot on Superman. Likely it is not a priority for him as he reorients the WB DCEU films. Zaslav seems to be moving forward with the Abrams black Superman reboot but that is moving at a snail's pace and it could be years before it comes to fruition.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-23-2022 at 08:48 AM.

BANNED

Cavill was right to turn down the cameo in Sazham, since MoS (everything was talked about after its premiere) it was known that the role of Superman would be to make others look good. They kill him in the second movie, in the third he wanted to make a villain, and the original plans were to make him the babysitter for Batman and Lois' son. Why play WB with a role like this, you better fight, if you win you have what you wanted, if you lose they erase you from a ridiculous role and that could have marked your entire career.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    An interesting interview with BA director. He seems to imply there won't be a Superman, or Shazam, cameo in BA. Some have claimed to see screenings and say there is a faceless Superman cameo but who knows. Maybe, as they couldn't get Cavill to do a cameo, they dropped it? Especially if, as implied, a BA vs Supes film is not in the works. Nice head fake by the BA producers if true as my bet is Johnson's team started the rumor about Cavill being at ComicCon and talking "more Superman".

https://thedirect.com/article/henry-...ck-adam-rumors

“[their] movie is an original story… “by the time the movie ends, [Black Adam] doesn’t know who Shazam or Superman is… he’s figuring that out [that the world is filled with superheroes… he has to adapt to why he is here, [and]what the world is about.”

He also seems to feel that BA fighting Shazam is more in continuity than BA fighting Superman - even though fans want a showdown with Supes. Plus, no detailed plans yet on the sequel.
    What do you expected? That he spoiled the Superman's cameo in an interview?

What he said it's also true: by the time the movie ends, Black Adam doesn’t know who Superman is... because he'll know after the movie ends, in a post credit scene.

He is just being vague, not even try to pull an Andrew Garfield and lying in interviews.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-23-2022 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Cavill was right to turn down the cameo in Sazham, since MoS (everything was talked about after its premiere) it was known that the role of Superman would be to make others look good. They kill him in the second movie, in the third he wanted to make a villain, and the original plans were to make him the babysitter for Batman and Lois' son. Why play WB with a role like this, you better fight, if you win you have what you wanted, if you lose they erase you from a ridiculous role and that could have marked your entire career.
    Agree Cavill and Superman were used in the Snyder films and nothing has changed. WBD don't value the character hence the push to make Cavill/Superman the Nick Fury of the DCEU. Why Cavill played that game with WBD is beyond me. Show some class and formally announce your departure from the role. It makes Cavill look desperate to continue to beg for a solo film.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-23-2022 at 09:20 AM.

No Cavill and the Rock still doesn’t seem to know who would be playing him lol. Waller is confirmed to show up which does kinda confirm the post credit scene leak, but at this point it’s more likely they cast a new actor to play DCEU Superman than Cavill coming back. He’s done.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

More vagueness:

“Who would win in a fight, #BlackAdam or Superman,” asks a fan.

“Depends who plays Superman,” says @TheRock #SDCC

https://twitter.com/totalfilm/status...06638965489664

What Deadline smoked? I'm getting sick of this.

From Vieweranon:

It's all a game of he-said-she-said but I've been told on multiple occasions that Henry Cavill isn't Superman right now because Henry is unwilling to come back. I don't know what WB's terms are that he isn't happy with, but the studio has asked him back on multiple occasions.

Maybe they aren't offering enough money? Maybe he wants more creative control and they're unwilling to budge? I honestly have no idea, I've heard a dozen reasons from a dozen people.

I was hoping the SDCC rumors were true, that they'd come to an agreement and he'd live stream in from the set of The Witcher. Alas.
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...14399937781760

I still think all the headless/faceless Superman appearances are WB hoping Cavill will eventually return to the role because otherwise they would've just recast already.
    https://twitter.com/ViewerAnon/statu...15267017879552

He wants a solo movie. We know this. We’ve know this for freaking ages! WB are morons if they think they can get him back without giving him one. Just recast the role, he’s nothing special. I want everything Snyder gone.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He wants a solo movie. We know this. We’ve know this for freaking ages! WB are morons if they think they can get him back without giving him one. Just recast the role, he’s nothing special. I want everything Snyder gone.
    It was too good to be true they would've made some clarity now and not in October. But damn, it was Deadline saying it not some random online "scooper". This turned into a big embarrassment for the trade and DC due to most of the hype and attention being for Henry and not Shazam 2 or Black Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It was too good to be true they would've made some clarity now and not in October. But damn, it was Deadline saying it not some random online "scooper". This turned into a big embarrassment for the trade and DC due to most of the hype and attention being for Henry and not Shazam 2 or Black Adam.
    WB is bafflingly stupid. They know what Cavill’s demands are. He hasn’t budged in five years. He’s not going to agree to anything except his demands being met. His own movie, his pick for director, he gets input on the script. That’s what he wants and he won’t settle for anything less. Either give him that or recast the role, this pathetic state of affairs where you have headless cameos as a way of kicking the can down the road makes WB look incompetent.

I want a recast, I want the entire Superman franchise rebooted in the DCEU. With Batman out, that continuity offers him a good chance to shine within a community of heroes. Quit letting Cavill hold **** up, he’s not worth all of this. Guess we’re back where we started, waiting to see who Hamada’s replacement will be and what they’ll do.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

So no big surprise, no Cavill at SDCC.

I really don't understand why they won't just recast the role. My only conclusion is that they don't really want to. If Cavill wanted to play ball they'd go along with it because he's already established. but I don't think they are all that bothered about casting a new actor seeing as they aren't sure yet whats happening with Abrams project. If they plan to racebend Superman, they'll want that version to be the face of the franchise and not commit to a new actor to play the more traditional version in other projects especially if indeed the rumors are true and they plan to erase him from the continuity and replace him in the new timeline with a variation of Supergirl.

We will see once Zazlov's regime is fully in charge, but I'm not that optimistic we will get a mainstream traditional Superman film with a recognizable version of the character.

We will either get Supergirl as a DCEU replacement permanently (as in the next decade at least) or the Abrams/Coates Oscar bait passion project. Or ultimately nothing aside from Superman and Lois on TV.

As long as they can rely on Batman to bring in the batmoney, Superman will continue to wither on the vine.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-23-2022 at 12:27 PM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    WB is bafflingly stupid. They know what Cavill’s demands are. He hasn’t budged in five years. He’s not going to agree to anything except his demands being met. His own movie, his pick for director, he gets input on the script. That’s what he wants and he won’t settle for anything less. Either give him that or recast the role, this pathetic state of affairs where you have headless cameos as a way of kicking the can down the road makes WB look incompetent.

I want a recast, I want the entire Superman franchise rebooted in the DCEU. With Batman out, that continuity offers him a good chance to shine within a community of heroes. Quit letting Cavill hold **** up, he’s not worth all of this. Guess we’re back where we started, waiting to see who Hamada’s replacement will be and what they’ll do.
    I'm just sick of the waiting. Black Adam was supposed to come out in Dec. 2021 originally. WB would've made all clear about Henry by then.