Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 404647484950515253 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DABellWrites View Post
    So, bring back his original personality? I think modern audiences wouldn't like that.
    They will

The harsh reality is that Reeve is the beginning and the end of what people want from Superman

That’s doesn’t have to be a bad thing

Reeve Superman was THE troll, you understood why reoccurring Superman villains existed

Superman always won…and he’s a smug dick about it

And he’s also a trickster, making Zod screw himself over

A lot of people forget that Reeve wasn’t just a joyful superhero, but also the world’s most powerful troll
    Last edited by Dagothoth; 12-13-2022 at 10:55 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    They will
    There are moments like that for sure bar scene and things like that.But,There are parts of reeve superman that goes right in the face of what a superman is for me.The nostalgia driven farmboy routine and the dumb idea that clark is jesus who lectures people rather than take direct action as outlaw.Superman tricking zod doesn't make him a trickster.@DABellWrites meant a more silverage personality than reeves.
    This is what i call a troll.

"I am fear,i am vengeance..and i am afraid flying of mammals and giant reptiles"
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-14-2022 at 01:31 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Henry just made this post on Instagram.

He’s out and Gunn is writing an early years Superman story.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmK7eLWJ...d=Zjc2ZTc4Nzk=

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Holy shit,wow
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Sad when I read this. He was the perfect modern Superman in my books and he seems like a good guy

But at least we get another reboot origin story! How creative </sarcasm>

Maybe the new version of the DCU and superman can be as bland as the new version of the animated movie universe ugh
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla2099 View Post
    Sad when I read this. He was the perfect modern Superman in my books and he seems like a good guy

It’s not an origin story according to Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by GhostCryptid13 View Post
    It’s not an origin story according to Gunn
    Yeah more of a year 2 like Pattinson's Batman.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cavill's cameo was also removed from The Flash this past week. You'll not see him again this Summer despite the movie being tied to both MoS and his character.

The scene Cavill shoot with Ezra Miller was weird and left ambiguous where Superman is supposed to be at end of the film.

Barry was running in the speedforce and sees Superman there covered by something like particles, and it's Cavill. Barry react saying so this is where you were been the whole time? and run away.

If you don't see Supes, you can believe Cavill is stuck in the speedforce waiting Barry to rescuing him or whatever headcanon you'll want to insert in the movie.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-15-2022 at 11:43 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Cavill's cameo was also removed from The Flash this week. You'll not see him again this Summer despite the movie being tied to both MoS and his character.

The scene Cavill shoot with Ezra Miller was weird and left ambiguous where Superman is supposed to be at end of the film.

Barry was running in the speedforce and sees Superman there covered by something like particles, and it's Cavill. Barry react saying so this is where you were been the whole time? and run away.

If you don't see Supes, you can believe Cavill is stuck in the speedforce waiting Barry to rescuing him or whatever headcanon you'll want to insert in the movie.
    Did they reshoot the again?will barry after the flashpoint be played by a new guy?
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Dagothoth View Post
    They will

The harsh reality is that Reeve is the beginning and the end of what people want from Superman

That’s doesn’t have to be a bad thing

Reeve Superman was THE troll, you understood why reoccurring Superman villains existed

Superman always won…and he’s a smug dick about it

And he’s also a trickster, making Zod screw himself over

A lot of people forget that Reeve wasn’t just a joyful superhero, but also the world’s most powerful troll
    I haven't finished the 1978 film yet, but I doubt most people are going to accept this.

[x] origin story
    [x] death of Supes
    [x] fights other heroes
    [ ] repeat

I'm more than willing to forgive Gunn and Safran if they hit it out of the park with the next Superman movie, but if it falters they should be given as many mulligans as Cavill got to have a second solo movie.

Extraordinary Member

I agree with this. Part of me wishes I could see him do Superman the way HE said he wanted to play him, sort off classic, much less grim. But that's water under the bridge now. I just hope that Gunn is up to whatever take he has on Superman. I'm a little bit nervous about him writing this; he seems to do best with...different types of characters. But who knows, I've never seen him even describe how he sees Superman, so maybe I'll like it. And casting for Superman, while hard, has never been close to impossible, so it's likely a decent to great Superman actor can be found to replace Cavill. Been a sucky few months for Cavill, though.

Extraordinary Member

And I guess we've seen the limits of the Rock's star power; I doubt that Black Adam 2 movie will even get made now, even before the Cavill decision; it just isn't making its money back.

Whatever we get in the end, I predict the era of $200-$400 million dollar movies is over; future comic book movies will have to get by on lower budgets, even Superman. And that could actually help. I was watching an interview with a guy who played in the last good Rambo movie, the one that SHOULD have ended the series, and his movie was shot on a much lower budget---he said it probably helped make it a better movie. And no less a director than Spielberg himself said of Raiders, which had a $20 million budget, which almost seems quaint these days, and definitely is art-house territory these days in terms of budget, that if he'd had more money, Raiders would have been a much more "pretentious" movie. With less money, they are forced to concentrate on the characters and story instead of the video game flash.