Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    That was like 1 boo out of the entire crowd (which still seemed small lol)

But no one should've expected this to be real when it was leaked. It wouldnt be something that was easily leaked.

Though....they should just change it up and do Black Adam vs. Wonder Woman.
    Uh no they should do Black Adam vs. Shazam since Black Adam is his archnemesis. Also the Wonder forums would absolutely freak over Adam wrecking Diana in a fight so you don’t actually want the two to go at it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    But no one should've expected this to be real when it was leaked. It wouldnt be something that was easily leaked.
    It was Deadline writing it, not some just online rumor. It's one of the most reputable source online. They listed all the SDCC panels from DC, Marvel, etc. and who would be there at the panels. They didn't ass-pulled these infos. People who believe it can't be blamed for it.

I can't believe we almost got a Christopher McQuarrie creating a Superman movie. The last two Mission Impossible movies were fantastic films and I'd love to see what he could have done with the character

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I can't believe we almost got a Christopher McQuarrie creating a Superman movie. The last two Mission Impossible movies were fantastic films and I'd love to see what he could have done with the character
    Apparently the whole situation has soured him completely on the idea of making a genre film like a DC/Marvel or even Star Wars, which is a shame, because i would have loved to see him tackle those IPs. Especially Superman.

Which goes back to my larger point....WB, at least until recent history and before the current in progress regime change, aren't all that bothered with making another Superman movie. The only reason we got MOS was that the heirs of Jerry Siegel stood to gain the film rights to the character Had WB not made another Superman film by 2013, and Chris Nolan and David Goyer brainstormed the alien first contact story idea that eventually became MOS. They want to do the bare minimum with the IP and I'm sure the faceless cameos they've done recently is all a way to make sure they don't have to be forced to make another Superman solo movie. They can legally say Superman is still being used on the big and small screen whilst retaining the film rights and make sure they don't lapse.

Again...they love the money that big yellow and Red S makes for them through licensing. They love a lot of the characters and concepts and mining those things for other franchises and characters...but Superman himself it feels like they are almost ashamed of him. When they do decide to do a movie, they either foolishly cling to a version of the character that is 30 plus years out of date and was tied to a specific actor(Superman Returns) or they go and make a version that is hopelessly divisive to the hard core fans and even somewhat controversial to the general audience, and I say that as someone that enjoyed Superman Returns at the time and believe that some of the hyperbole surrounding MOS was unwarranted and rivals the toxicity surrounding the Star Wars sequels.

Maybe that will start to change with Zazlov and in a decade we will have had a nice Superman trilogy that doesn't try to radically reinvent the wheel but feels fresh and not a retred of stuff we've already seen. It's not all that difficult. Or at least it shouldn't be. The mythology is so rich and there is so much unexplored in live action.i mean all we've gotten is the origin, the basic set up at the daily Planet, Lex, Zod and his death and resurrection.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-24-2022 at 06:39 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Just start a new casting call to light a fire under Cavill's ass and make him come to an agreement with WB or get someone new.

I respect that he wants a project he thinks is worthy of the character but it's led to him holding the character hostage.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    give up on cavil just let it go
    mabey call Brandon routh
    This is where I'm at. We need to move on.
    Assassinate Putin!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Id be ok with Routh. But again I don't think recasting Superman has been a priority.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It was Deadline writing it, not some just online rumor. It's one of the most reputable source online. They listed all the SDCC panels from DC, Marvel, etc. and who would be there at the panels. They didn't ass-pulled these infos. People who believe it can't be blamed for it.
    I'm thinking about that recent Snyder Cut article and how it obviously was sourced directly by someone who either still works at WB or worked there till very recently. And well, couldn't this be more of the same? Theoretically someone who worked or still works at WB could be considered a reliable source by Deadline's staff. Obviously, he won't be considered reliable anymore, but maybe it was worth it.

I don't know, maybe they all just have no idea what they are doing, but at some point it starts to feel like deliberate sabotage.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I'm thinking about that recent Snyder Cut article and how it obviously was sourced directly by someone who either still works at WB or worked there till very recently. And well, couldn't this be more of the same? Theoretically someone who worked or still works at WB could be considered a reliable source by Deadline's staff. Obviously, he won't be considered reliable anymore, but maybe it was worth it.

I don't know, maybe they all just have no idea what they are doing, but at some point it starts to feel like deliberate sabotage.
    Deadline, THR and Variety get their infos directly from the studios or trade publications. If they share a "leak", it's likely it got approved by a studio (WB, Disney, etc...). It would hurt their reputation sharing unfounded rumors.

Cavill at SDCC wasn't a sidenote on an article, it was something tweeted as a regular news: https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1549791778928316417 and here: https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1549802443361353734

I'm used to see these type of rumors, if unfounded, being debunked asap before getting more traction. Recently, a blog claimed that Jason Sudeikis could've been cast as Ted Kord, and few hours later, THR and The Wrap shoot down the rumor in WB's behalf. They do this all the time.

The Cavill at SDCC thing was let it grow and build hype for days (the lack of debunking added to the expectations). So either you think Cavill was meant to be there and things changed last minute, or WB didn't wanted to debunk the rumor to get more attention to the DC panel of Saturday. Or they didn't care this time for some reason... or wanted to just troll people. It's sketchy, imo.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-24-2022 at 11:29 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

If superman is returning just for the cameos then he's gonna be getting beat by black adam.. Someone with star power and charisma being superman would seriously be good for the character..

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    What do you guys think of Trey Tucker for the movie version of Superman?

Last edited by Stanlos; 07-24-2022 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post

They hired investigators and the three reports corroborated that there was some unethical--well fraudulent--activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's interesting - and kinda adds to my prior impression that he's doing some heavy fighting behind the scenes for Cavill. It may (likely will?) come to nothing, but it does explain some things. That said, if people keep getting jerked around (rumor or not), it'll have the opposite effect and people will be over the idea (as many are already). So if they have a game they're playing (like doing something to see what the fan/general reaction will be), they'll have to be careful.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

Hmm.. yeah, he could possibly work! The energy at his one line at the end was a decent fit, imo.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post

I think it should be someone younger.