Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    A Superman/Supergirl movie would be better than just cameos or supporting roles in other characters' movies. Let's do it!
    And apparently The Flash still ends with Affleck exiting the franchise/“lost in time”. While not my ideal, I’d still rather have a The Superman movie by someone new rather than Cavill returning or Abrams/Coates, Cavill getting soft rebooted in the DCEU with an old ass Batman who can’t be that active (meaning the Batman fanboys can’t dickride him too hard) is probably the second best scenario. They’re going to need Superman and Wonder Woman to stay active to compensate for Batman being so old, which should mean those two get better treatment than they got under Snyder.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    And apparently The Flash still ends with Affleck exiting the franchise/“lost in time”. While not my ideal, I’d still rather have a The Superman movie by someone new rather than Cavill returning or Abrams/Coates, Cavill getting soft rebooted in the DCEU with an old ass Batman who can’t be that active (meaning the Batman fanboys can’t dickride him too hard) is probably the second best scenario. They’re going to need Superman and Wonder Woman to stay active to compensate for Batman being so old, which should mean those two get better treatment than they got under Snyder.
    I don't think they want to change the Batfleck's ending or there wouldn't be a reason for Barry to travel the multiverse in a future movie.

I assume WB didn't considered Keaton's real age a factor, he is going to have a young stunt double for the action scenes, and modern choreography will make him look more agile than in the old Burton's movies. He was still an active BM is the cancelled Batgirl.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Cavill might bring the mission impossible Director.If cavil is getting the solo.If the rock is on his side and black adam movie works.Then anything is possible.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

The Rock really managed to do it. Wow

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Cavill might bring the mission impossible Director.If cavil is getting the solo.If the rock is on his side and black adam movie works.Then anything is possible.
    Hope will get an update/announcement on a Superman solo after this month.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Lots of questions. Johnson has been pushing this cameo for more than a year - to set up a Black Adam vs Superman film - if BA does well? Can Cavill fit filming BA vs Superman into his schedule? Cavill is free for filming early next year - through May. Can they write, cast and finish pre-production and production in that timeframe? No. Cavill is then free at the end of August 2024 and into 2025. Assuming pre-production and casting is done in the interim Cavill could shoot BA vs Superman at that time for a late 2025/early 2026 release. Will Zaslav wait that long?

Anyway, Cavill has apparently dropped his demand for a solo Superman film and instead agreed to do BA vs Supes. In part out of friendship with Johnson, in part as the movie would make a bundle and Cavill's cut would be huge - salary aside, and possibly he no longer wants to make Superman solos.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-06-2022 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Hope will get an update/announcement on a Superman solo after this month.
    Far, far more likely they announce Black Adam vs Superman. It's the bottom line with Zaslav. If BA does well and has a significantly larger box than MOS which is the better bet for a sure billion plus film? Yup, BA vs Superman. If there is an announcement this month or this year it will be Black Adam vs Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Far, far more likely they announce Black Adam vs Superman. It's the bottom line with Zaslav. If BA does well and has a significantly larger box than MOS which is the better bet for a sure billion plus film? Yup, BA vs Superman. If there is an announcement this month or this year it will be Black Adam vs Superman.
    I'll take anything as long as they'll announce something, lol.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

I'm just glad Superman is not being retconned away from the universe he started in favor of a variant of Kara.

I was willing to see a recast of some sort , but I'm glad Cavill is back. People bringing up his age at such as if he's ancient and too old to play Superman. I say thats bullcrap. Superman does NOT need to always be played by a 25 year old. Cavill can easily play this role for another decade.

If mid 40s To mid 50s Robert Downey Jr can be the face of Marvel for a decade, 40 year old Henry Cavill can be the face of the DCEU for a few more years I mean...it isn't as if Cavill has aged all that much since 2013 anyway. The man is still in ridiculous shape and will likely be that way for years yet.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Lots of questions. Johnson has been pushing this cameo for more than a year - to set up a Black Adam vs Superman film - if BA does well? Can Cavill fit filming BA vs Superman into his schedule? Cavill is free for filming early next year - through May. Can they write, cast and finish pre-production and production in that timeframe? No. Cavill is then free at the end of August 2024 and into 2025. Assuming pre-production and casting is done in the interim Cavill could shoot BA vs Superman at that time for a late 2025/early 2026 release. Will Zaslav wait that long?

Anyway, Cavill has apparently dropped his demand for a solo Superman film and instead agreed to do BA vs Supes. In part out of friendship with Johnson, in part as the movie would make a bundle and Cavill's cut would be huge - salary aside, and possibly he no longer wants to make Superman solos.
    This is all conjecture. They can def have a solo movie set for him. I don't think he's so busy that he wouldn't be able to sign that

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    I'm just glad Superman is not being retconned away from the universe he started in favor of a variant of Kara.

I was willing to see a recast of some sort , but I'm glad Cavill is back. People bringing up his age at such as if he's ancient and too old to play Superman. I say thats bullcrap. Superman does NOT need to always be played by a 25 year old. Cavill can easily play this role for another decade.

If mid 40s To mid 50s Robert Downey Jr can be the face of Marvel for a decade, 40 year old Henry Cavill can be the face of the DCEU for a few more years I mean...it isn't as if Cavill has aged all that much since 2013 anyway. The man is still in ridiculous shape and will likely be that way for years yet.
    Back when Cavill was announced as Superman in 2010/11, there were people complaining he was too young, and wanted John Hamm instead, lol. If he is not too young, he is too old... Henry can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep I think Cavill is getting that solo movie with Sasha as secondary protagonist where they’ll fight Brainiac.
    Oddly enough Sasha and Henry look more related than Clark and Kara normally do.

A tidbit about Superman, Supergirl and Brainiac. Umberto G (not to be confused with Jimmy G - Niners fans will get that) reported in 2016 or so that the WB suits wanted a Superman film with Brainiac which would be used to introduce/launch Supergirl. The film was to be the story of Supergirl told through the eyes of Superman. Even then the execs were putting the squeeze on Cavill. At the time UG said that studio execs had seen a rough cut of BvS, loved Affleck and wanted more Affleck and less Cavill. Which we got in the released film. Cavill getting all of 41 or so lines.

In any case, I'd prefer a straight Superman film with Brainiac over a film that also launched Supergirl. Calle is great as Supergirl per Flash test screening reports, and I could see her getting an inordinate amount of time/focus over Superman if the film is intended to lead into a Supergirl solo. It likely isn't an issue as WBD will go with BA vs Superman over MOS2 IMO.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-06-2022 at 03:04 PM.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post

Also let’s not forget that The Rock is 50 and just now playing Black Adam so Henry can feasibly play Supes for the next decade. I really hope we can finally get a movie of Clark and Kara fighting Brainiac now.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"