Page 15 of 53 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

When in doubt Batfleck to the rescue.
    WBD has no choice but to continue with Affleck as Batman.
    This thread is just starting to piss me off. Sorry for the meanness but c'mon...

There is ignore function.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Back on the Superman topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think I'll do a post later about how BA sets up a clash between him and Superman. There's more beyond a post-credit scene and it also ties back to already released DC projects.
    Superman-related crumbs in Black Adam, and the Supes vs Black Adam's set up:

spoilers:
    I'm not aware if Superman is directly referenced during the movie (it's possible, I guess). But he does appear in a scene as a background Easter-Egg, as mural art, lol.

Superman's villains, the Intergang are the main baddies in the movie along with Sabbac (3rd act's final boss). They are the guys with the flying bikes and advanced tech shown in the trailer. The Intergang have invaded Kahndaq looking for the Eternium.

It was already teased in the Peacemaker show the news of Kahndaq being under control of the Intergang. Both projects were shoot around the same time, and there's more than that one connection as we'll see below.

During the film, Black Adam gets captured by Amanda Waller and her team (Harcourt from Peacemaker and TSS appears). You know Waller, she wants these people under control, lol. Adam frees himself. And this lead Waller to send him Superman as a sort of threat after the credits. Superman has the Cavill's suit from BvS/JL, zoomed in on his chest.

I don't think he is supposed to be a government's lapdog or some ****. As established at the end of Peacemaker, Waller has the whole JL on her speed dial (I assume Gunn has collaborated and was consulted for BA). And the JSA works with her too.

It seems their plan was/is to have Amanda Waller as the "Lex Luthor" of the situation, putting Adam and Superman against each other for her own benefit. Idk if the Intergang and their connection with both Superman and Darkseid could potentially become a factor in the future.
    end of spoilers

DC is also releasing prequel comics tie-ins to the movie. Each of them have a Superman's reference or a random Easter-egg. It feels it's intentional to tease (like the movie and its promotion do) that Superman has a presence in the same universe inhabited by BA and the JSA.

2 more months...
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-15-2022 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    This thread is just starting to piss me off. Sorry for the meanness but c'mon...
    Sadly, the reality is that Batman is WB's most lucrative IP by far. I'm not a Batman fan - though I like Afleck. I hated what Snyder did after MOS. Zaslav is tasked with finacially rescuing WBD. He answers to the shareholders and his job and compensation depend on it. He has to rebuild almost from scratch after the old regime ruined things and was leading DC films off the cliff. The "sure" way to start that rebuilding is the take your strongest IP asset and build from there. It is what it is.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Black adam's box office will decide things..will black adam be a success ushering in a dc connected universe?..will black adam beat up superman?will dc decide to go back to basic that is throw in more batman? Find out in the next exciting episode of speculation z.... Cue epic ending music.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-15-2022 at 08:56 AM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

spoilers:
    I'm not aware if Superman is directly referenced during the movie (it's possible, I guess). But he does appear in a scene as a background Easter-Egg, as mural art, lol.

Superman's villains, the Intergang are the main baddies in the movie along with Sabbac (3rd act's final boss). They are the guys with the flying bikes and advanced tech shown in the trailer. The Intergang have invaded Kahndaq looking for the Eternium.

It was already teased in the Peacemaker show the news of Kahndaq being under control of the Intergang. Both projects were shoot around the same time, and there's more than that one connection as we'll see below.

During the film, Black Adam gets captured by Amanda Waller and her team (Harcourt from Peacemaker and TSS appears). You know Waller, she wants these people under control, lol. Adam frees himself. And this lead Waller to send him Superman as a sort of threat after the credits. Superman has the Cavill's suit from BvS/JL, zoomed in on his chest.

I don't think he is supposed to be a government's lapdog or some ****. As established at the end of Peacemaker, Waller has the whole JL on her speed dial (I assume Gunn has collaborated and was consulted for BA). And the JSA works with her too.

It seems their plan was/is to have Amanda Waller as the "Lex Luthor" of the situation, putting Adam and Superman against each other for her own benefit. Idk if the Intergang and their connection with both Superman and Darkseid could potentially become a factor in the future.
    end of spoilers

DC is also releasing prequel comics tie-ins to the movie. Each of them have a Superman's reference or random Easter-eggs. It feels it's intentional to tease (like the movie and its promotion do) that Superman has a presence in the same universe inhabited by BA and the JSA.

2 more months...
    spoilers:
    It sounds like they're still making him someone else's bitch though. If he's just taking orders from Waller. I don't consider that an improvement. Unless Adam did something really bad.
    end of spoilers
    Assassinate Putin!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I think adam will take over kahndaq..prompting superman to act..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Black adam's box office will decide things..will black adam be a success ushering in a dc connected universe?..will black adam beat up superman?will dc decide to go back to basic that is throw in more batman? Find out in the next exciting episode of speculation z.... Cue epic ending music.
    I think Adam will become Superman's new best frenemy instead of Batman, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    spoilers:
    It sounds like they're still making him someone else's bitch though. If he's just taking orders from Waller. I don't consider that an improvement. Unless Adam did something really bad.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I don't have a detailed knowledge of the movie, so I have to see it in context. But it seems it's the same as the ending of Peacemaker, Waller calls the JL and they go to see what's going on. From my understanding, she'll get a similar work relationship with the JSA. Like non of these heroes are aware of what kind of person she really is.
    end of spoilers

He didn't kill that guy. He flew thru the wall while dragging the guy behind him. Later on Lex's henchmen murdered him though.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

spoilers:

end of spoilers

DC is also releasing prequel comics tie-ins to the movie. Each of them have a Superman's reference or a random Easter-egg. It feels it's intentional to tease (like the movie and its promotion do) that Superman has a presence in the same universe inhabited by BA and the JSA.

2 more months...
    This seems to align with reports from others who have recently been at test screenings. Faceless Superman again. Zaslav needs to recast sooner rather than later. In the meantime, why not use Tyler's face. He is the face of Superman at this time - and yeah, I realize there are reasons why they can't do that but still.

It explains the Rock's reaction at SDCC when asked who'd win the fight - Superman or BA? His reply was angry when he said it depends on who is playing Superman. Obviously the Rock couldn't get WBD to give Cavill a solo film which is Cavill's price for doing a cameo. It also begs the question as to how WBD/Zaslav will use the recast Superman - will he be relegated to supporting roles in the DCEU?

Tyler may be good for tv but not good enough for the big screen. Plus Superman can't be so much shorter than Black Adam and pretty much every other character in the DCU
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

Cavill is 6' 1" and Tyler if 6' Both are shorter than most of the DCEU characters. For a cameo the height really doesn't matter. Tyler should have been cameoed as Supes in Peacemaker as well.

Soon we'll become the butt of the joke of Marvel fans, expect spreading rumors of Henry Cavill being cast as the Superman-analogue of the Squadron Supreme for Loki S2. 💀

Am I the only one who couldn't possibly give less a **** about Black Adam or Superman references in it? I like the Rock, I really do, but he's vastly overvaluing his character and trying to bring Superman in for some big showdown just to elevate him. I don't care about that. Hell we got just that in the last big WB failure when Superman was used to elevate Batfleck. I just care about Superman.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-15-2022 at 01:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Am I the only one who couldn't possibly give less a **** about Black Adam or Superman references in it?
    This is all the character has in live action in the next few months. Just a tease of the 2 characters meeting and acknowledge each other.

I like the Rock, I really do, but he's vastly overvaluing his character and trying to bring Superman in for some big showdown just to elevate him. I don't care about that. Hell we got just that in the last big WB failure when Superman was used to elevate Batfleck. I just care about Superman.
    I think it's different. If it's Cavill to fight The Rock, they are friends and his manager will produce the movie. He is not going to look bad.

Imagine if, in BvS, there was Matt Damon playing Superman, the fight would've had a different result.