Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Wow - everything went from Zaslav hopefully saving Superman to now possibly things being so wonky that WBD could soon be owned by Comcast, which means that we could see Superman, Super Mario, and Harry Potter all at Universal Studios.

At this point, I'm just getting out the popcorn and watching this whole s**tshow for what it is, because anything else would just be aggrivation I don't need to give myself, lol.

Maybe that'll mean one less streaming service, lol
    Universal was behind max fliescher cartoons.weren't they?they distributed it...this could be good.
    Edit- my bad it was paramount..either way.i really have no concerns.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Wow - everything went from Zaslav hopefully saving Superman to now possibly things being so wonky that WBD could soon be owned by Comcast, which means that we could see Superman, Super Mario, and Harry Potter all at Universal Studios.

At this point, I'm just getting out the popcorn and watching this whole s**tshow for what it is, because anything else would just be aggrivation I don't need to give myself, lol.

As they say, it's show business, not show friends. Zaslav's loyalty is to the bottom line. Not to Superman or to other DCEU characters. The THR article tells a tale. Lots of factions at play. The old regime trying to undermine Zaslav, some investor's disgruntled with Zaslav while others support him. All the while Zaslav plods ahead with his plan - whether that is to flip WBD or not.

Zaslav must address the massive debt and that dictates how he deals with the DCEU. 10-year plan or not. Bottom line, the 10-year plan is not written in stone and, if WBD is sold off in a few years, the new owners will have their own plan. Throwing out Zaslav's plan as Zaslav threw out the Hamada plan.

Botom line, besides cutting things, Zaslav needs a string of billion-dollar grossing DCEU films. That means a Batfleck film has to be their top priority followed by WW3. Both could easily be massive financial wins. In terms of WW that means taking control from Jenkins. WW 1984 will not be repeated by WBD. Also, given liquidity issues, the pace of films will likely slow. No announcement of DCEU films probably until 2023 which means these films won't come out until 2025.

Superman? A solo Superman film, Cavill or not, is a big risk. It's unlikely to do a billion. This is not lost of WBD so they may hold off on Superman until 2026 or 2027. Will Cavill wait that long? Doubtful. Will Zaslav blink - no. He is all about the bottom line. The unfortunate truth is Superman is likely to remain on the backburner for the foreseeable future - aside from cameos appearances.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-19-2022 at 08:29 AM.

At this point man, it's just a matter of having as much fun as you can while you watch it all burn. Because we're certainly not gonna be having fun at the theater.

Personally, I've more or less given up hope on WB getting their act together. The DC brand trust and loyalty is burned to the ground, and it takes time and effort to repair that sorta thing...but looking at the rumors about Comcast and such, it may be that nobody is gonna be in charge long enough to repair that damage.

If we get quality DC films, it'll be a fluke. Just like it has been for the last ten+ years. Not quality by design, just quality by accident.

But hey, in another what, ten years or so, Clark and Bruce and Diana might start making their way into the public domain. And there's a ton of hurdles involving trademarks, film rights, etc., to get over, but *if* those characters hit public domain then there will be fans who have the talent and grit and knowledge to cut through the red tape and make stuff happen. And that, I'd suspect, is what'll save these IP. Not the corporate overlords that keep selling the company before anything can get done, but the "normal" people putting together movies on their own as a labor of love. Folks like you yourself.

Yeah, that's right JAK. I just put Clark's future on your shoulders. No pressure big guy, we're only talking about one of the most recognized and beloved characters in all of fiction, no big deal.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Universal was behind max fliescher cartoons.weren't they?they distributed it...this could be good.
    Edit- my bad it was paramount..either way.i really have no concerns.
    It's all good, man - I was actually thinking the same! So we're both wrong! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    As they say, it's show business, not show friends. Zaslav's loyalty is to the bottom line. Not to Superman or to other DCEU characters. The THR article tells a tale. Lots of factions at play. The old regime trying to undermine Zaslav, some investor's disgruntled with Zaslav while others support him. All the while Zaslav plods ahead with his plan - whether that is to flip WBD or not.

Zaslav must address the massive debt and that dictates how he deals with the DCEU. 10-year plan or not. Bottom line, the 10-year plan is not written in stone and, if WBD is sold off in a few years, the new owners will have their own plan. Throwing out Zaslav's plan as Zaslav threw out the Hamada plan.

Botom line, besides cutting things, Zaslav needs a string of billion-dollar grossing DCEU films. That means a Batfleck film has to be their top priority followed by WW3. Both could easily be massive financial wins. In terms of WW that means taking control from Jenkins. WW 1984 will not be repeated by WBD. Also, given liquidity issues, the pace of films will likely slow. No announcement of DCEU films probably until 2023 which means these films won't come out until 2025.

Superman? A solo Superman film, Cavill or not, is a big risk. It's unlikely to do a billion. This is not lost of WBD so they may hold off on Superman until 2026 or 2027. Will Cavill wait that long? Doubtful. Will Zaslav blink - no. He is all about the bottom line. The unfortunate truth is Superman is likely to remain on the backburner for the foreseeable future - aside from cameos appearances.
    I think they're better off with Battinson than Batfleck, but yeah. I just think it's hilarious how much it's all changed, especially the general opinion of Zaslav.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    At this point man, it's just a matter of having as much fun as you can while you watch it all burn. Because we're certainly not gonna be having fun at the theater.

Personally, I've more or less given up hope on WB getting their act together. The DC brand trust and loyalty is burned to the ground, and it takes time and effort to repair that sorta thing...but looking at the rumors about Comcast and such, it may be that nobody is gonna be in charge long enough to repair that damage.

If we get quality DC films, it'll be a fluke. Just like it has been for the last ten+ years. Not quality by design, just quality by accident.
    Ain't that the truth! It's crazy. Like I said once before, if they screw up badly enough, the fans just need to start a kickstarter and crowd fund to buy the company... LOL

But hey, in another what, ten years or so, Clark and Bruce and Diana might start making their way into the public domain. And there's a ton of hurdles involving trademarks, film rights, etc., to get over, but *if* those characters hit public domain then there will be fans who have the talent and grit and knowledge to cut through the red tape and make stuff happen. And that, I'd suspect, is what'll save these IP. Not the corporate overlords that keep selling the company before anything can get done, but the "normal" people putting together movies on their own as a labor of love. Folks like you yourself.

Yeah, that's right JAK. I just put Clark's future on your shoulders. No pressure big guy, we're only talking about one of the most recognized and beloved characters in all of fiction, no big deal.
    I am good with this. If I can even half-way pull off a 17 year old vampire at 42, Superman at any age will be a breeze and a joy, lol. And even if it's not a breeze, it'll still be a joy.
    Last edited by JAK; 09-20-2022 at 05:45 AM.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The last line in BA's new spot "There is no one on this planet that can stop me".

Be prepared for a rude awakening, Adam.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-20-2022 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The last line in BA's new spot "There is no one is this planet that can stop me": https://twitter.com/blackadamnews/st...78459077431299

Be prepared for a rude awakening, Adam.
    Apparently that line is from the post credit scene and Superman (Cavill?) responds with “Good thing I’m not from this planet”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Apparently that line is from the post credit scene and Superman (Cavill?) responds with “Good thing I’m not from this planet”.
    Yeah! if that's being done then that line from a headless cutout wouldn't work..You need a cheeky superman Smile to go with that.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Astonishing Member

Trademarks will be renewed regardless and DC will continue to publish their own Supermen and Super related stuff.

But most of the Golden Age will be in the public domain next decade. And more from that era as the years go by.

Astonishing Member

It's the same DCEU. Especially if Flashpoint changes nothing,

Yeah, it's supposed to be Adam responding to Waller before Superman shows up. I think I have described the scene/exchange in some thread months ago. Waller spoilers:
    wants Adam at her service, and tell him there's someone/something that can stop him or something to that effect. And Superman appears.
    end of spoilers

He says Cavill was in the BA screening in the 3rd act? The last one was in late June and Superman was in the mid-credits scene but the movie cut to black before showing his face.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-20-2022 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, it's supposed to be Adam responding to Waller before Superman shows up. I think I have described the scene/exchange in some thread months ago. Waller spoilers:
    wants Adam at her service, and tell him there's someone/something that can stop him or something to that effect. And Superman appears.
    end of spoilers

He says Cavill was in the BA screening in the 3rd act? The last one was in late June and Superman was in the mid-credits scene but the movie cut to black before showing his face.
    For what it's worth, Syl and Sutton claimed Cavill did additional filming in August. Either way, as expected Cavill is in BA. The studio may be leaking these latest reports.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    For what it's worth, Syl and Sutton claimed Cavill did additional filming in August. Either way, as expected Cavill is in BA. The studio may be leaking these latest reports.
    In August when he had Covid, sure. lol Syl and Sutton have no sources and shift the goalpost each time. Where is the Ayer Cut that they said was going to be announced this year?

Btw, BA was done filming in 2021, and did additional photography in early May till early June 2022. The movie was completely done filming back then. And "picture locked" in July. When the cast was doing ADR at the WB studios in LA in June/July, Cavill was spotted in the LA area (in a bar, I think) before going back in Europe to finish to film the Witcher's new season and getting Covid. If he was there for BA, he could've re-recorded his lines with the rest of the cast during the ADR session.

Why you gotta get me hyped for this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Why you gotta get me hyped for this movie?
    You are hyped for a brief cameo in a middle credits scene.