Page 13 of 53 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-09-2022 at 12:05 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If the Batfleck movie were any good, it could've easily made a billion. Two prior Batman movies hit that benchmark.

But that's the rub, it'd have to be good. To be fair, I think it'd have a better chance of succeeding than JL or BvS because there wouldn't be a whole lot of other jumbled stuff hastily thrown together.
    I'm not claiming Ben Affleck's Batman film couldn't have done a billion dollars, but it's how Jeffery2 is insinuating that Ben Affleck is some big draw for some strange reason when it doesn't match up with his box office track record. And the only reason why Affleck's name got buzz is the same as Cavill's, the film series was a mess and some fans want them to get a proper chance, for some reason, I don't know why.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    At some point Miller's antics will force WB to do something drastic with the release. I don't really know what that is per se, but it'll be something.
    It's likely Keaton, Calle, Shannon and Traue will promote the movie without Miller and get most of the focus in the trailers. WBD could hype the film announcing Henry Cavill will join his MoS' co-stars Shannon and Traue for the promotional tour... just for him not showing up at all like for SDCC.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-09-2022 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Gosh, it's like the actors just came to the same realization comic book writers did: I can hype up my character by having him fight Superman!!!!!!

If Elba every PO'd some WBD bigwig, maybed they'd get him said movie and have him defeated easily...

Gosh, it's like the actors just came to the same realization comic book writers did: I can hype up my character by having him fight Superman!!!!!!

If Elba every PO'd some WBD bigwig, maybed they'd get him said movie and have him defeated easily...
    But it makes sense in this case as Bloodsport is a Superman villain.

But it makes sense in this case as Bloodsport is a Superman villain.
    I'd like to think this is part of the reason Cavill is holding out. You just don't throw in Superman to random movies so that he can play second fiddle/antagonist for some other character.

I'd like to think this is part of the reason Cavill is holding out. You just don't throw in Superman to random movies so that he can play second fiddle/antagonist for some other character.
    I get it. I think it would less of an issue if Superman has his own solo franchise and his guest appearances elsewhere are secondary, not just all he could get.

This is what happened with Cavill's Superman originally. His solo trilogy was dropped after MoS, and his arc was relegated into team up movies, and he couldn't even get a solo because he was held hostage by the subplots planned for him in BVS/JL and the unmade JL sequels. I mean, he was dead between BvS and JL, and was supposed to be detached form humanity (before rewrites) between JL1 and JL2, and a brainwashed villain at the end of JL2 into JL3. There wasn't much room left to make a solo for him.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-09-2022 at 01:11 PM.

There may not be too many "solo" films in the WBD DCEU. Zaslav wants to emulate Feige's MCU where there is an abundant crossover of characters into each other's films. More than cameos - from multiple scenes to almost guest stars. It started with CA Winter Soldier in the MCU and has been a growing feature in the films. This allows for the introduction of many secondary characters - a breeding ground for new franchises.

Already Zaslav had new scenes shot for Aquaman 2 with Batfleck. These scenes are apparently pivotal and are building to something in the DCEU. WW will appear in Shazam 2 and there are rumors WW3 could feature another DCEU character with Batfleck being an obvious choice. CBN and other places report that Gal Gadot has signed on for a bunch of new DCEU projects and my guess is that many of those will be Gadot appearing in guesting roles in the other films. Batfleck is already doing that. It's going to be a shared universe across all DCEU films with probably few traditional solos - if WBD does a "solo" Superman it's a good bet it will be a Superman/Supergirl film.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-09-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    There may not be too many "solo" films in the WBD DCEU. Zaslav wants to emulate Feige's MCU where there is an abundant crossover of characters into each other's films. More than cameos - from multiple scenes to almost guest stars. It started with CA Winter Soldier in the MCU and has been a growing feature in the films. This allows for the introduction of many secondary characters - a breeding ground for new franchises.

Already Zaslav had new scenes shot for Aquaman 2 with Batfleck. These scenes are apparently pivotal and are building to something in the DCEU. WW will appear in Shazam 2 and there are rumors WW3 could feature another DCEU character with Batfleck being an obvious choice. CBN and other places report that Gal Gadot has signed on for a bunch of new DCEU projects and my guess is that many of those will be Gadot appearing in guesting roles in the other films. Batfleck is already doing that. It's going to be a shared universe across all DCEU films with probably few traditional solos - if WBD does a "solo" Superman it's a good bet it will be a Superman/Supergirl film.
    I wish DC Comics (WB) would stop chasing Marvel already, they've been doing it for so long now.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Make a superman gauntlet match..Everybody comes in challenges superman and may the best character that gets over with people win...No matter who wins audiences get their money's worth..pow!pow!
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Speaking of gauntlet matches...

The Rock is cross-promoting Superpets and Black Adam/Superman, lol: "The world is starting to simmer with excitement about the earths shattering SUPERMAN vs BLACK ADAM⚡️showdown one day."
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cg77gc1lwY9/

I guess this could turn out to be the title of the potential movie?

Also, in an article listing some of the projects that Hamada has planned before the new regime came in, it's mentioned a certain post-credit scene recently revealed during a test screening: "And DC Films president Walter Hamada nearly exited after learning of the shelving of Batgirl before being convinced to stay on at least until the Oct. 21 release of Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam. (That film had a June test screening, including a new post-credits scene introducing a new element to Johnson’s place in the DC Universe.)"
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235196017/

I think I'll do a post later about how BA sets up a clash between him and Superman. There's more beyond a post-credit scene and it also ties back to already released DC projects.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-10-2022 at 10:26 AM.

If MOS2 ever comes to happen It would be awesome if they use as reference the board with news papers headlines that the guy in the wheel chair had at his house in Batman v Superman. That board had the entire plot for a very expectacular Superman movie.
    "By force of will he turns his gaze upon the seething horror bellow us on the hillside.
    Yes, he feels the icy touch of fear, but he is not cowed. He is Superman!"

More Superman talks for the Black Adam's promotion, lol:

You can tell Dwayne Johnson has absorbed some personality traits from his Black Adam character by the way he’s already starting to trash-talk Superman. Black Adam is the nemesis of Shazam in comics lore, but Johnson seems to enjoy picking fights with those who loom even larger. “When you pull Black Adam out of the pantheon of superheroes in the DC Universe, he is blessed with these incredible superpowers from the gods that rival Superman,” the actor says. “The difference is, well, a few things. Number one, Superman’s greatest weakness is magic, and one of Black Adam’s greatest superpowers is magic.”

Black Adam can fly, bullets bounce off his skin, and explosions would merely muss his hair (if he had any). He can rip through stone walls and bend steel. Instead of shooting heat rays from his eyes, he channels lightning blasts from his fists. But unlike Superman, he doesn’t have any soft spots like mercy, empathy, or compassion.

“Superman won’t kill anybody. There’s a code that he lives by and he honors,” Johnson says. “Black Adam has a unique code of ethics too. He will not hesitate—and I like to have a little fun when I’m explaining this—to rip somebody in half.” Does that mean the actor is…kidding? “Literally, he’ll grab someone by the neck and by the thigh and then rip them up, tear them apart,” Johnson clarifies.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...-is-black-adam

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    If MOS2 ever comes to happen It would be awesome if they use as reference the board with news papers headlines that the guy in the wheel chair had at his house in Batman v Superman. That board had the entire plot for a very expectacular Superman movie.
    That was a Superman movie that should've happened in-between MoS and BvS, imo.

Btw, if a Superman movie set in the DCEU will happen, I think it'll be more MCU-like like The Flash or BA and connect more characters. Not necessary from different franchises, maybe just Kara and Kal. This seem the new direction of the DCEU.

“Superman won’t kill anybody. There’s a code that he lives by and he honors,” Johnson says.
    This is extremely funny given DCEU Superman has killed a guy in every major movie Snyder has directed (and he technically killed Zod twice!). He was practically torturing Steppenwolf by how he mutilated him. But I guess that’s the kind of thing they’re going to retcon out/soft reboot if Cavill were to return post Flash.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This is extremely funny given DCEU Superman has killed a guy in every major movie Snyder has directed (and he technically killed Zod twice!). He was practically torturing Steppenwolf by how he mutilated him. But I guess that’s the kind of thing they’re going to retcon out/soft reboot if Cavill were to return post Flash.
    Yeah, but DCEU Superman killed Zod as last resort, and an already dead monster (Doomsday). He wouldn't go around killing the Intergang folks, ripping them apart, lol.