Page 24 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    You are hyped for a brief cameo in a middle credits scene.
    If the film is a huge success it will be because of the film itself and The Rock. Not because of 5 seconds of Cavill -though Caill apologists will make that claim. WBD will be happy with besting The Batman - 800 million. Some think it could do a billion - if so between Batman, Joker, Aquamar, WW (almost a billion) and BA, WBD will have 5-billion-dollar franchises. In that scenario it's likely a Batfleck solo, WW3 and BA2 will be the first DCEU films announced by the new regime.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-20-2022 at 03:03 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I already mentioned various bits in other posts and threads on how the whole Superman related subplot is playing out (details and dialogues can't be 100% accurate thought), updated with how the "extended" Superman scene is supposed to be:

spoilers:
    In the middle of the movie, Adam gets trapped by Amanda Waller's team, Harcourt shows up and says Waller has plans for him, Adam escapes. That has a pay off in the mid credits scene when Adam is in his "man's cave", and a drone come in, Amanda Waller appears via hologram to tell Adam about "her plans", she wants him at her service in the SS or some ****. He gets mad at her, saying something about him don't abiding to any laws/rules. Waller says there's someone that can stop him. "There is no one is this planet that can stop me" Superman arrives flying, the dust covers his face as he lands. The camera focus of his chest logo, and this is where they ended the scene in the test screening. But, in the full scene, he is supposed to come out the dust/shadows to respond to Adam with that line Walsh and others shared: "Good thing I’m not from this planet".
    end of spoilers

Up to the chest logo part is 100% in the movie, we'll know for sure about the rest in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I suspect if the film is a huge success as WBD expects it will be because of the film itself and The Rock. Not because of 5 seconds of Cavill though Caill apologisy will make that claim - watch and see. WBD will be happy with besting The Batman - 800 million. Some think it could do a billion - if so between Batman, Joler, Aquamar, WW (almost a billion) and BA, WBD will have 5-billion-dollar franchises.
    I'm sure Superman will bring buzz for the 2nd week-end in theaters of BA.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Why you gotta get me hyped for this movie?
    At least there’s hope post Snyder Cavill might actually display greater emotional range than “stoic”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

You are hyped for a brief cameo in a middle credits scene.
    It's like getting excited about get 50 mL of water when you're parched. Sometimes you savor the scraps.

Old footage of Cavill Superman's chest in the new BA spot (enough with that chest logo, show that damn face!):

It's like getting excited about get 50 mL of water when you're parched. Sometimes you savor the scraps.
    It's a start. A promise for more "water" down the line and maybe even a full meal... if Zaslav will not blow up everything by then.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-22-2022 at 07:50 AM.

It's a start. A promise for more "water" down the line and maybe even a full meal... if Zaslav will not blow up everything by then.
    That's how bad it's gotten for Superman in the movies. Our expectations dropped so low that a kind of cool sounding line gets me excited. Oh well, best to keep expectations at subterranean leves.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I am more worried of black adam turning out to be generic anti hero than "failed champion who hates being put in chain".Superman?say he comes back..would i get a kick out of it?i don't know.Unless new52 action esque superman leaps into frame.i think i am more concerned about portrayal of black adam.I want a sympathetic character that you shouldn't empathise with or emulate.Someone who is a hero to some and villain to others.At the end of the day just guy seeking to live life freely.Superman or black adam,i wouldn't really care.where that comes from.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

That's how bad it's gotten for Superman in the movies. Our expectations dropped so low that a kind of cool sounding line gets me excited. Oh well, best to keep expectations at subterranean leves.
    DCEU Superman needing to be re-introduced again on the big screen like he was a new character goes along with the DCEU being still in its "Phase 1" after almost 10 years. But, getting excited for a middle-credits scene is so Marvel, you can feel they are doing it right this time.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I am more worried of black adam turning out to be generic anti hero than "failed champion who hates being put in chain".Superman?say he comes back..would i get a kick out of it?i don't know.Unless new52 action esque superman leaps into frame.i think i am more concerned about portrayal of black adam.I want a sympathetic character that you shouldn't empathise with or emulate.Someone who is a hero to some and villain to others.At the end of the day just guy seeking to live life freely.Superman or black adam,i wouldn't really care.where that comes from.
    Adam will not be another Morbius/Venom if that's what you are worrying about. A murdering villain and potential future threat to humanity turning into anti-hero... WB ain't Sony.

It doesn't add up. Has Cavill signed a new contract? Did not Zaslav say he wanted to make Superman a focus of the DCEU?

The Witcher is filming seasons 4 and 5 back-to-back. Starting in the second half of 2023. Each season takes 6 months to film and allowing for a month break in filming Cavill will be tied up from mid-summer 2023 to late summer 2024. At the earliest MOS2 films early 2025 and does not come out until mid 2026. There isn't going to be all that much Superman in the DCEU if Cavill is signed. But that contradicts Zaslav. Or does it? Zaslav seemingly is set to sell WBD to Comcast in 2025. So much for a 10-year plan and a ten-year plan that was to feature Superman.

https://redanianintelligence.com/202...20the%20future.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-26-2022 at 07:19 PM.

^^^I'm not yet ready to discuss/speculate about Cavill's possible deal or future in the role before BA is out (or at least premiered) and I'll know for certain if he is in it or not. But, they are setting up a BA vs SM movie, there's that, and Superman should co-star in it.

Btw, the last official update on Cavill's "deal" is from 2021, reiterating what was announced already back in 2020: https://deadline.com/2020/05/man-of-...os-1202945025/

My stance on Cavill as Superman is still what I keep saying over the past months or a year: if he signed and filmed, he did it long ago when these negotiations happened, and the new regime isn't doing **** especially for a movie that was already done filming and being edited. I do always expected Superman's appearance in BA and was looking forward to the movie to find out if he was in there.

As for his potential cameo in BA, Cavill could've gone on set in Atlanta back in June 2021, filming his brief scene and go back home doing other stuff like The Witcher, and the thing was kept under wrap till the movie release as every studios would've done with this type of "surprising cameos".

Again... looking forward to the movie (and interviews) to find out. This was always for me the only source of confirmation that mattered.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-27-2022 at 06:52 AM.

^^^ Yeah. There was a Variety article back then to the same effect. It didn't make sense as it was assumed Cavill would not do cameos w/o a solo. In hindsight and given his rising star and the big success of Witcher it could be Cavill no longer wants to commit to a string of Superman films and big (time consuming) roles in JL films. He has total flexibility by not tying himself to a 10-year plan at WBD which likely will never play out anyway. The next decade could be huge for Cavill's career and keeping all options open makes sense - it fits with rumors this past year that he no longer wants to do Superman.

It's being noted that Cavill's schedule does not permit him to have a DCEU starring role with a months' long commitment to filming until 2025. Will that be BA vs Superman - much less risk for WBD than doing a solo Superman. Filmed in 2025 and coming out a year or two later? It appears, aside from that, it is back to Superman being just a supporting character in DCEU films as Cavill's schedule permits. That Zaslav seems OK with that and does not recast with an actor who can commit totally to the 10-year plan is telling - as in Zaslav is setting the company up for the speculated sale to Comcast in 2024/2025 and Universal will then start from scratch with DC films - likely a total reboot.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-27-2022 at 08:28 AM.

^^^ Yeah. There was a Variety article back then to the same effect. It didn't make sense as it was assumed Cavill would not do cameos w/o a solo. In hindsight and given his rising star and the big success of Witcher it could be Cavill no longer wants to commit to a string of Superman films and big (time consuming) roles in JL films. He has total flexibility by not tying himself to a 10-year plan at WBD which likely will never play out anyway. The next decade could be huge for Cavill's career and keeping all options open makes sense - it fits with rumors this past year that he no longer wants to do Superman.

It's being noted that Cavill's schedule does not permit him to have a DCEU starring role with a months' long commitment to filming until 2025. Will that be BA vs Superman - much less risk for WBD than doing a solo Superman. Filmed in 2025 and coming out a year or two later? It appears, aside from that, it is back to Superman being just a supporting character in DCEU films as Cavill's schedule permits. That Zaslav seems OK with that and does not recast with an actor who can commit totally to the 10-year plan is telling - as in Zaslav is setting the company up for the speculated sale to Comcast in 2024/2025 and Universal will then start from scratch with DC films - likely a total reboot.
    A reboot is inevitable down the line, with or without Universal. Even Marvel will likely "reboot" at some point, shifting the focus on another Earth with Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, etc. played by new and younger actors.

A reboot is inevitable down the line, with or without Universal. Even Marvel will likely "reboot" at some point, shifting the focus on another Earth with Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, etc. played by new and younger actors.
    Exactly. The old regime was in the process of doing that after the Snyderverse was more or less a bust - but for Wonder Woman and Aquaman which had only loose ties to Snyder. If Zaslav came in with the idea of flipping WB then it made no sense to invest huge amounts into a reboot not guaranteed to be lucrative. Instead, Zaslav stuck with the existing "universe" and prettied it up with a vague 10-year plan. Production of DC films was slowed with Aquaman 2 pushed to late 2023. Films were also canceled. A new slate - nothing so far. It's expected in 2023 and likely will be small. A couple of DCEU films. Batfleck for sure and Wonder Woman 3 or a BA sequel Those films coming out in 2025 when negotiations to sell to Comcast will be ongoing - a couple of billion-dollar films would up the price Zaslav can get in the sale.

If Zaslav had planned to hold on to WB he probably would have done the reboot. The actors are getting older and more expensive. Some may want to do other things. Amy Adams is 48 - does she want to play Lois again? Probably not. The wise business decision a total reboot. All new actors and creators. Universal may get the chance to do that reboot in a few years. As to Cavill, even if he didn't want to commit to more Superman, I can see The Rock convincing him to appear one last time as Superman and go out with a bang in the role. The dialogue around the Cavill/Rock scene, as rumored, sets up that film.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-27-2022 at 12:44 PM.

Exactly. The old regime was in the process of doing that after the Snyderverse was more or less a bust - but for Wonder Woman and Aquaman which had only loose ties to Snyder. If Zaslav came in with the idea of flipping WB then it made no sense to invest huge amounts into a reboot not guaranteed to be lucrative. Instead, Zaslav stuck with the existing "universe" and prettied it up with a vague 10-year plan. Production of DC films was slowed with Aquaman 2 pushed to late 2023. Films were also canceled. A new slate - nothing so far. It's expected in 2023 and likely will be small. A couple of DCEU films. Batfleck for sure and Wonder Woman 3 or a BA sequel Those films coming out in 2025 when negotiations to sell to Comcast will be ongoing - a couple of billion-dollar films would up the price Zaslav can get in the sale.

If Zaslav had planned to hold on to WB he probably would have done the reboot. The actors are getting older and more expensive. Some may want to do other things. Amy Adams is 48 - does she want to play Lois again? Probably not. The wise business decision a total reboot. All new actors and creators. Universal may get the chance to do that reboot in a few years. As to Cavill, even if he didn't want to commit to more Superman, I can see The Rock convincing him to appear one last time as Superman and go out with a bang in the role. The dialogue around the Cavill/Rock scene, as rumored, sets up that film.
    Zaslav is the worst thing that happened to WB, he should go away and asap. He doesn't care about "revitalizing" Superman or DC. He bs all the time. All the talks about having a more cohesive universe like Marvel and the only movies to be greenlight under his regime (BM 2, Constantine 2, Joker 2) aren't even set in the same continuity.

The real people with a "10 years plan" are the creatives behind the projects: The Rock and his team, Gunn, Reeves, Muschietti.

Randolph is claiming they’re putting Cavill into the Flash too

Guess the plan is Cavill and Calle will coexist. Normally I wouldn’t put any stake in Randolph, she’s a grifter and an idiot who has frequently been called out, but ViewerAnon said she knew details on the Flash before he did so maybe she’s right again about what’s happening. Seems Affleck is still exiting and Keaton is sticking around. Honestly the best case scenario for Cavill, short of another solo of course, is that Keaton stays as DCEU Batman and he gets to keep being DCEU Superman. Keaton wouldn’t be able to keep one upping and overshadowing him the way Batman usually does (and Batffleck explicitly has in the DCEU). Old Man Batman and a young Superman in his prime means Supes might actually get to step up and lead for once.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/