Page 30 of 53 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Cavill's appropriateness for the role aside, his schedule is pretty full. The Witcher, other Netflix projects, possibly MI and Highlander. The Witcher alone, if it gets a season 6 and 7, will take up more than two years of his time between now and 2026. Cavill is in most scenes and has creative control/oversight to a large degree. Gadot and Affleck are not nearly as tied down to other projects. Affleck could conceivably film a Batman solo next year, JL2 in 2024 and a Trinity film in 2025. Cavill can't. He can film BA vs Superman and an MOS2, maybe, over the next 4 years. So, what happens with JL which is a Zaslov priority? If Cavill isn't available, they'll replace his Superman with Sasha Calle's Supergirl in the film. The studio is really impressed with Calle's Supergirl performance, and we could end up seeing more of her than Cavill in the DCEU over the coming years. So, beyond Cavill's acting ability, is his inability to make Superman the priority in his career at this point. Given all the other stuff he's signed for.

Yeah, I'm not coping so well. I'll slink off, grab my Gerard Christopher Superboy DVDs and watch a few eps. That will help.
    If he truly a signed a deal for a solo, it will get done. It's not worth trying to guess how available he is. Besides, Cavill doesn't work that much that he can't film Superman movies. I think he only has only one film that he'll be filming soon so right after that, he'll likely do Superman. Like someone said, the Rock works for than anyone and was able to get Black Adam done in 3 months. Cavill has more than enough time to start hitting Superman movies.

I think they'll keep Sasha as Supergirl but it is clear that Zaslav and the Discovery want Superman himself to be a bigger part of future movies. The previous plans were by the previous heads and aren't worth being beholden to. Affleck looks like he is done with DC based on what we've heard from the Flash leaks. It is going to be Keaton as the DCEU Bruce while Pattinson plays young Batman in his own universe. Cavill will likely be DCEU Superman and get the solo movies he's been wanting

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Rock vaguely tease the mid-credits scene, lmao: https://twitter.com/DCWorldTelugu/st...22821990338561

Full original video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjasLyFMm3g/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The Rock vaguely tease the mid-credits scene, lmao: https://twitter.com/DCWorldTelugu/st...22821990338561

Full original video: https://www.instagram.com/p/CjasLyFMm3g/
    Heh, I do wonder how they’ll tackle characters like Lois and Kerry if Henry is still in. I kinda hope with the flash timeline changes, they recast a lot of these Snyder picks.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Heh, I do wonder how they’ll tackle characters like Lois and Kerry if Henry is still in. I kinda hope with the flash timeline changes, they recast a lot of these Snyder picks.
    If Eisenberg is in another Superman movie I don’t know if I can bring myself to go watch it, even for Brainiac. I hate him in the role that much. Just recast everyone but Cavill, apparently the Flash ends with a new version of Jimmy Olsen, do the same for Lois, Lex, Perry, and all the rest (maybe you could keep Martha’s actress). And bring in John Henry Irons!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Amy Adams is almost 48. She looks great but I think a recast is needed. Besides IIRC she said she was done with the role. There was friction between her and Gadot, reportedly, during the shooting of JL. With Gadot eclipsing Adams as the female lead. That was not what Adams had signed on for. On top of which Cavill and Adams had little chemistry. Compare the Cavill/Adams scenes in BvS to Afleck/Gadot. The latter couple had far more chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Eisenberg is in another Superman movie I don’t know if I can bring myself to go watch it, even for Brainiac. I hate him in the role that much. Just recast everyone but Cavill, apparently the Flash ends with a new version of Jimmy Olsen, do the same for Lois, Lex, Perry, and all the rest (maybe you could keep Martha’s actress). And bring in John Henry Irons!
    Well, the "Jimmy" in BvS is an undercover CIA agent pretending his name is Jimmy Olsen. it's not meant to be the real deal, but misleading the audience. spoilers:
    The one at the end of The Flash presenting himself as Jimmy Olsen is one of the press. It's meant to be THAT Jimmy.
    end of spoilers No idea who the actor is.

Btw, I think they should break from past Superman's iterations and go wild. Use even The Authority as Superman's supporting cast. Make Superman's world feel dynamic.

Amy Adams is almost 48. She looks great but I think a recast is needed. Besides IIRC she said she was done with the role. There was friction between her and Gadot, reportedly, during the shooting of JL. With Gadot eclipsing Adams as the female lead. That was not what Adams had signed on for. On top of which Cavill and Adams had little chemistry. Compare the Cavill/Adams scenes in BvS to Afleck/Gadot. The latter couple had far more chemistry.
    Yep, Adams signed to romance Affleck in JL and team up with him in the sequel, her screentime was severely reduced by dropping that subplot.

Well, the "Jimmy" in BvS is an undercover CIA agent pretending his name is Jimmy Olsen. it's not meant to be the real deal, but misleading the audience. spoilers:
    The one at the end of The Flash presenting himself as Jimmy Olsen is one of the press. It's meant to be THAT Jimmy.
    end of spoilers No idea who the actor is.

Btw, I think they should break from past Superman's iterations and go wild. Use even The Authority as Superman's supporting cast. Make Superman's world feel dynamic.

Yep, Adams signed to romance Affleck in JL and team up with him in the sequel, her screentime was severely reduced by dropping that subplot.
    Honestly I think Adams was more mad than most that the Superman movies became about Batman and other DC heroes. I've seen interviews from her from years before she got cast in MoS where she talked about she was a big Superman fan and loving Lois Lane. Going from getting what you think is your dream role to then basically playing a bit part in a Justice League movie has to sting

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Honestly I think Adams was more mad than most that the Superman movies became about Batman and other DC heroes. I've seen interviews from her from years before she got cast in MoS where she talked about she was a big Superman fan and loving Lois Lane. Going from getting what you think is your dream role to then basically playing a bit part in a Justice League movie has to sting
    I am dying to know how she and Cavill reacted when/if they learned about Snyder’s “Glorious 5 Film Superman Arc” culminating in “Cuck Kent”. I doubt either of them were happy God I hope if Cavill’s really back, he’s smart enough to just take the soft reboot and move on, drop as much of the Snyder baggage as you can and just do an Aquaman style adventure flick.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

Wow! I was thinking the opposite. I don’t want the Rock talking down to him. , I want Cavills Superman to let Black Adam know, he’s dealt with his share before, and handled up!

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

As a guy who hates the role model thing being shoved on to superman...This was cathartic.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    During JL, she was still talking like MoS 2 was in development. But nothing came out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I am dying to know how she and Cavill reacted when/if they learned about Snyder’s “Glorious 5 Film Superman Arc” culminating in “Cuck Kent”. I doubt either of them were happy God I hope if Cavill’s really back, he’s smart enough to just take the soft reboot and move on, drop as much of the Snyder baggage as you can and just do an Aquaman style adventure flick.
    Maybe Amy didn't mind to film a slo-mo sex scene with Batfleck, while Cavill would've preferred his character stayed dead after BvS to not deal with this.

During JL, she was still talking like MoS 2 was in development. But nothing came out of it.

Maybe Amy didn't mind to film a slo-mo sex scene with Batfleck, while Cavill would've preferred his character stayed dead after BvS to not deal with this.
    Yes, an MOS2 was in development. It would have featured Brainiac and been used to introduce Supergirl. It was to be the story of Supergirl told through the eyes of Superman and likely shift emphasis in the DCEU to Supergirl from Superman. Ironic as the rumored MOS2 is supposed to feature Brainiac and co-star Calle's Supergirl to set up a Supergirl solo. What goes around ....

As to Adams, you know she was jealous of the screentime Gadot got with the sexiest man alive. Ben and Gadot have fantastic chemistry together. That's why beware of a Trinity film - it will morph into a Batman/Wonder Woman film given the incredible screen presence between Ben and Gal.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-08-2022 at 07:34 AM.

Fantastic Member

Um...are there any sources for this supposed Amy Adams/Gal Gadot friction? Can't see why Amy would be mad that a prominent member of The Justice League would get more screentime than her in a Justice League movie.

Gadot even got Amy to sing in her controversial "Imagine" cover in 2020:

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51959070

Yes, an MOS2 was in development. It would have featured Brainiac and been used to introduce Supergirl. It was to be the story of Supergirl told through the eyes of Superman and likely shift emphasis in the DCEU to Supergirl from Superman. Ironic as the rumored MOS2 is supposed to feature Brainiac and co-star Calle's Supergirl to set up a Supergirl solo. What goes around ....

As to Adams, you know she was jealous of the screentime Gadot got with the sexiest man alive. Ben and Gadot have fantastic chemistry together. That's why beware of a Trinity film - it will morph into a Batman/Wonder Woman film given the incredible screen presence between Ben and Gal.
    I found it, it was a random 4chan rumor: https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/876621923441983488

I get you are a big Affleck fan, lol. But he still have nothing coming that isn't Flash's multiverse shenanigans related. He will not stay in the DCEU, he'll end up trapped in another universe or whatever for God knows how many years before a Flash sequel will get made.

I found it, it was a random 4chan rumor: https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/876621923441983488

I get you are a big Affleck fan, lol. But he still have nothing coming that isn't Flash's multiverse shenanigans related. He will not stay in the DCEU, he'll end up trapped in another universe or whatever for God knows how many years before a Flash sequel will get made.
    I'm not especially an Affleck fan as in I don't go to see films because he is in the film. I was doubtful when he was announced as being Batman in BvsS but he surprised me and did a great job.

IMO he does have more than Flash coming in the DCEU. He wants that solo he's been working on for years. Does he want to do a trilogy of Batflecks? Doubt it. I expect a Batfleck solo is announced soon and, after that, he agrees to lead a JL/Infinite Crisis film which leads into a total hard reboot of the DCEU. All new actors after that film.

BTW, there are rumblings of a Batman vs Deathstroke film. I could see Affleck abandoning his Batfilm for a contra Deathstroke film. That film would be massive - a bigger box office than Deadpool3 with Reynolds and Jackman will have.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-08-2022 at 11:00 AM.