Page 1 of 53 123451151 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Cool DCEU Superman thread/Henry Cavill is back as Superman!

Henry Cavill made his official returns to the role of Superman in the Black Adam movie.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-24-2022 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to Deadline, Henry Cavill is expected to appear at this year's SDCC to talk about Superman:

"Dwayne Johnson and the Warner Bros theatrical session will serve as Marvel’s opening act earlier in the day, with Black Adam and Shazam: Fury of the Gods getting their much-deserved closeups on the Hall H stage. There’s also buzz that Henry Cavill will put in a surprise appearance to talk up more Superman."

Source: https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-c...lf-1235072894/
    The story says there is "buzz". Another way of saying that is that it is a rumor. Plus, Cavill usually attends SD ComicCon and this is the first post-Covid full SDCC. He has a home in SoCal and may be there to escape the UK heat. Nothing newsworthy that he'd be at SDCC in and of itself. Could be true, could be false or could be partially true. He is there just to attend and to support his friend Dwayne Johnson but not to talk Superman. Or talking Superman means discussing Snyder's Extended Cut. Just saying. Stay tuned.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-20-2022 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    According to Deadline, Henry Cavill is expected to appear at this year's SDCC to talk about Superman:

"Dwayne Johnson and the Warner Bros theatrical session will serve as Marvel’s opening act earlier in the day, with Black Adam and Shazam: Fury of the Gods getting their much-deserved closeups on the Hall H stage. There’s also buzz that Henry Cavill will put in a surprise appearance to talk up more Superman."

Source: https://deadline.com/2022/07/comic-c...lf-1235072894/
    Wow. Did WB finally give in or did Cavill? Guess we’ll find out soon enough but I can’t say I’m thrilled by this. If he’s really coming back he better step his game up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I'll believe it when there's an official announcement. Of course that whole RS article kind of put me off the whole "Snyderverse" and DCEU in general.
    Assassinate Putin!

Weirder and weirder.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'll believe it when there's an official announcement. Of course that whole RS article kind of put me off the whole "Snyderverse" and DCEU in general.
    Weird timing if Cavill is actually back. Almost as if it was a hit piece.

Also in the "believe-it-when-I-see-it" camp, but probably better to read this than rumors that we're going with a Superman-in-name-only* movie.

*in-name-only has gotten kind of political lately, so I feel compelled to point out "CINO" was a term floating around in the DC Comics messageboards when Halle Berry was winning Razzies.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I don't blame Cavill for any of the stuff Snyder allegedly has done.

It is curious that the author of the article in question was quoted as saying they contacted Ray Fisher or his reps for comment , yet Fisher denies he was ever contacted to comment for the article. That seems strange to me.

It makes one wonder what or whom to believe. Its very possible the Rolling Stone article in question is correct in their allegations that Snyder himself was possibly behind the social media toxicity surrounding the release the Snydercut movement. its equally also possible that there are People with an axe to grind whom are on their way out of WB in part due to the cluster **** that was the whole Jostice League situation and want their pound of flesh from Snyder and his allies for humiliating them in allowing a cut of a movie they never wanted released to see the light of day. Perhaps they found a sympathetic writer to help them out and paint Snyder as the villain.

Im more in the camp now that they are all corrupt assholes that have more or less have kept Superman hostage due to their collective shenanigans. Whomever is responsible, they are the reason we haven't had another proper Superman solo film for nine years. That's inexcusable.

The timing seems suspect, especially if indeed Cavill may be officially returning to the Superman role. There are parties within WB producing other Superman projects that stand to lose out if Cavill stays in the role. Time will tell.
    Last edited by manofsteel1979; 07-20-2022 at 11:19 AM.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

Even if Cavill is back no way in hell is Snyder coming back. WB would likely be giving control of the Superman franchise to the Rock’s production company to handle.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The timing seems suspect, especially if indeed Cavill may be officially returning to the Superman role. There are parties within WB producing other Superman projects that stand to lose out if Cavill stays in the role. Time will tell.
    I think the timing of the RS article had more to do with The Snyder Cut releasing on digital that day.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-20-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Even if Cavill is back no way in hell is Snyder coming back. WB would likely be giving control of the Superman franchise to the Rock’s production company to handle.
    LOL! This story is turning into way more than is there. Now Cavill is coming back as Superman and getting a film. No way - as in no way. Cavill is tarnished by the Snyderverse and a good segment of the fanbase does not want him anywhere near Superman. Way too controversial and risky to the WBD

BTW, when the article about Zaslav and WBD came out it was totally distorted by outlets. Zaslav never said to drop all Superman projects and get Cavill back. John Campea traced the distortion of the story from the original report.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    LOL! This story is turning into way more than is there. Now Cavill is coming back as Superman and getting a film. No way - as in no way. Cavill is tarnished by the Snyderverse and a good segment of the fanbase does not want him anywhere near Superman. Way too controversial and risky to the WBD

BTW, when the article about Zaslav and WBD came out it was totally distorted by outlets. Zaslav never said to drop all Superman projects and get Cavill back. John Campea traced the distortion of the story from the original report.
    I never claimed otherwise nor did I reference that story, I don’t know why you keep bringing it up. I said if Cavill is back then Snyder still won’t be, and it’s likely WB would give Superman over to the Rock’s production company because DCEU Superman would be slated to appear in Black Adam movies. In the first one as a cameo and in the second as the main foe of Black Adam. Obviously this could end up being a false rumor and Cavill may not appear in which case we’re in the same place we were before.

But if Cavill really does show up to talk about Superman then he’s probably going to be talking about more than “hey guys I’m going to be in five seconds of Black Adam after the credits!”. He’s held out for this long because he wanted more than cameos, IF he’s back… well that likely means WB has finally offered him something more than cameos. We won’t have to wait long to find out at least.

I never claimed otherwise nor did I reference that story, I don’t know why you keep bringing it up. I said if Cavill is back then Snyder still won’t be, and it’s likely WB would give Superman over to the Rock’s production company because DCEU Superman would be slated to appear in Black Adam movies. In the first one as a cameo and in the second as the main foe of Black Adam. Obviously this could end up being a false rumor and Cavill may not appear in which case we’re in the same place we were before.

But if Cavill really does show up to talk about Superman then he’s probably going to be talking about more than “hey guys I’m going to be in five seconds of Black Adam after the credits!”. He’s held out for this long because he wanted more than cameos, IF he’s back… well that likely means WB has finally offered him something more than cameos. We won’t have to wait long to find out at least.
    Sorry, I did not mean to infer you personally but to point out how the Deadline story is going through iterations. Mea culpa.

https://twitter.com/dcfilmsinsider/s...lryAdNXolvbkhg

This account seems to be in the know. Unlike other “insiders” she doesn’t regularly post, and she immediately called out a fake leak about the Abrams/Coates project when other guys like Walsh were saying it lined up with what they heard. **** I guess maybe Cavill is coming back? I feel a pit in my stomach. I dread his return because it means the annoying Snyder fanbase is going to get even louder, and I don’t see him as a great choice for the role the way others do even with Snyder (hopefully) out of the picture, but I don’t like the only alternatives WB was pursuing either. I just want a good Superman movie why is that so hard for the clowns at WB?

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough, let’s put an ending to all the speculation.

Well if there is one person who could sway WB to bringing him back it’s The Rock. He’s one of the biggest box-office draws around so the studio probably wants to keep him happy. Also he’s apparently friends with Cavill and they have the same agent.

https://twitter.com/dcfilmsinsider/s...lryAdNXolvbkhg

This account seems to be in the know. Unlike other “insiders” she doesn’t regularly post, and she immediately called out a fake leak about the Abrams/Coates project when other guys like Walsh were saying it lined up with what they heard. **** I guess maybe Cavill is coming back? I feel a pit in my stomach. I dread his return because it means the annoying Snyder fanbase is going to get even louder, and I don’t see him as a great choice for the role the way others do even with Snyder (hopefully) out of the picture, but I don’t like the only alternatives WB was pursuing either. I just want a good Superman movie why is that so hard for the clowns at WB?

Tomorrow can’t come soon enough, let’s put an ending to all the speculation.
    I never liked or cared of the vague insiders that only tweet gifs. lol.

The Coates/Abrams' fake leak had at least 2 things that lined up with what Walsh heard, that's why he was backing it, lol. He was tricked to it as the period piece being changed into a present day movie was something he said on Twitter earlier.

Btw, it's not tomorrow, it's on Saturday.