Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3434950515253
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I was talking about superhero movies in general sense.Not just dcu.Dc is basically marvel with incredible hulk movie..The setup for hulk stuff didn't go no where.Hulk in general is screwed by the studio.
    The Leader/Samuel Sterns from Hulk is going to be in the next Cap movie. Marvel doesn't seem to leave unresolved storylines even if it takes 15 years.

Ideally, they could've done that Crisis event spinning out The Flash to give a closure to the current DCEU. Gets Cavill and the others saving the multiverse as it was originally planned by the previous regime, and, with the multiverse being established, WBD can shift the focus on another universe with new actors playing these roles while the old ones are left in their own earths. Marvel will likely do that after Phase 12 or so, lol.

I get they planned this ahead but c'mon... 🙄

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/bl...n/8d6kgwxz2623

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I get they planned this ahead but c'mon...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/bl...n/8d6kgwxz2623
    I think I saw this being sold on Vudu. Bit of a twist of the knife, to be honest. Siiigh
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I think I saw this being sold on Vudu. Bit of a twist of the knife, to be honest. Siiigh
    I'm reading it's available on Vudu and other retailers since December 16, a day after it was announced Cavill was done as Superman. The timing, ugh.

I guess we should expect again MoS in a 4-film collection later this year (The Flash, MoS, Batman '89, Batman Returns) or the movie will be mentioned anyway a lot during the promotion of The Flash. Whatever will happen to the scene(s) Cavill did for the film, The Flash remains a must watch for MoS fans (and neck-snap apologists too ), imo. More twists of the knife incoming...

Secret Meetings, Tequila and Black Adam vs. Superman: How Dwayne Johnson’s Bid for DC Power Flamed Out

As 2023 kicks off, DC bosses Gunn and Safran continue to sift through the rubble and will soon reveal their three-year interconnected vision for the cinematic universe, which won’t include Cavill’s Superman or Wonder Woman at all. But things could have gone in an alternative direction: Behind the scenes, a different group made a play for control of DC. Not long after the Warner Bros. Discovery merger closed in April, Dwayne Johnson directly pitched CEO David Zaslav on a multiyear plan for Black Adam and a Cavill-led Superman in which the two properties would interweave, setting up a Superman-versus-Black Adam showdown, sources say. “Black Adam” producers Hiram Garcia, who is Johnson’s former brother-in-law, and Beau Flynn also were part of the brain trust looking to take DC down a new path. Other sources confirmed the meeting but downplayed any discussion of Black Adam’s future.

Although the move took place amid a power vacuum created as former DC head Walter Hamada and Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich prepared to exit, it ruffled feathers internally, sources add. “Dwayne went around everyone, which didn’t sit well,” says one.

Eventually, new Warner Bros. film co-heads Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy approved a Cavill cameo in “Black Adam,” despite the fact that Emmerich had made the call in 2018 to find another actor to don the red cape.

But “Black Adam,” which bowed Oct. 21, fizzled with a $391 million worldwide haul against a $195 budget plus $40 million in reshoots, scuttling any plans for more outings for the lightning bolt-wielding antihero and officially ending the Cavill Superman era. Cavill parted ways with his manager, Johnson’s ex-wife Dany Garcia, this year, but a source says it was unrelated to the DC drama and she remains a strategic adviser to the actor.

Full article: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/d...an-1235478867/