Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

I dunno, I guess with me, I'm just not going to take table scraps even if there is nothing else. Especially since I 100% don't believe an actual movie of equal presentation will happen anyway. I don't even believe in a cameo appearance at any point. The will they won't they with Cavill has been going on so long now I'm taking a permanent default stance that its just not going to happen. I think it's the safe mindset at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, I guess with me, I'm just not going to take table scraps even if there is nothing else. Especially since I 100% don't believe an actual movie of equal presentation will happen anyway. I don't even believe in a cameo appearance at any point. The will they won't they with Cavill has been going on so long now I'm taking a permanent default stance that its just not going to happen. I think it's the safe mindset at this point.
    I understand the sentiment, but give WDB some time to reorganize and there'll be more than table scraps to look forward, Cavill or not.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Affleck wanting to complete his arc which included JL2/3 does not mean that JL2/3 will be based on Snyder's plans. Zaslav wants a JL so I should have referred to Zaslav's first and second JL films as JL1/JL2.

WBD is indeed putting word out about Batfleck and the reaction has been huge. Keep in mind that the Reeve's sequel has not been greenlit (though Joker 2 has) and supposedly the sequel is years away. Pattison will not be brought into the DCEU as Batman. WBD could easily have had him instead of Affleck film the new Flash and Aquaman scenes. WBD has no choice but to continue with Affleck as Batman. Imagine if a replacement actor was brought in! There would be a backlash among fans which could hurt the box of the Batman film that is coming. IMO given the situation re: DC films the top priority for Zaslav is to get a solo Batman film out first. Starring Affleck. That announcement will be the first that the new DC head makes IMO and that film will likely come out at Xmas 2024. That film will be the first DC film of the new regime.
    Didn't they announce a sequel, an animated series, and Penguin spin-off? None of this make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Soon we'll become the butt of the joke of Marvel fans, expect spreading rumors of Henry Cavill being cast as the Superman-analogue of the Squadron Supreme for Loki S2. 💀
    The rumor about Cavill being in talks with Marvel has been out for months now. It was never confirmed as being a TV or film project. Now the rumor is specifically that Cavill will be playing Hyperion in the second Loki season. Who knows but, if true, it would be an up yours to WBD from Feige/Marvel given that Hyperion is Marvel's Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    This thread is just starting to piss me off. Sorry for the meanness but c'mon...
    Don't worry. Affleck is not about to return to the DCEU for the next ten years. I do think WB is dumb enough to think he can 'rescue' their terrible movie universe but I don't believe Affleck has any interest in cape **** at all now

The rumor about Cavill being in talks with Marvel has been out for months now. It was never confirmed as being a TV or film project. Now the rumor is specifically that Cavill will be playing Hyperion in the second Loki season. Who knows but, if true, it would be an up yours to WBD from Feige/Marvel given that Hyperion is Marvel's Superman.
    At best, he was considered for the role, but nothing more than internal talks, but I do expected Marvel leakers spinning it into him actually playing the role and troll DC fans in the process, lol.

I also can't see Henry disliking Snyder's direction for his character but accepting to play a villainous parody of Superman for Marvel. Nope.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Hans Zimmer theme for superman.Except for the first part that's makes you feel of a tragedy,strength and perseverance in the extended version, john williams theme doesn't move me much.That first part though that's..well that's something heart touching..I wonder why they compose that for Donner's jesus superman?

As for mos suit,yeah! I don't care for it.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

BANNED

Unpopular opinion for the thread here but the constant pining for Caville in the role is really starting to grate. Tyler's been Superman far longer and should be getting more praise for keeping the brand visible, not the continuous absence of a so-so actor who was in a string of 'eh' movies

There are also rumors that the post credit scene has a faceless Superman in a black suit. It depends on which camp one is in, I guess, as to which rumor one prefers. The only commonality is that the cameo will be fadeless. If true Cavill is out and a recast will happen. IMO Zaslav/WBD doing another faceless Superman is not good PR. Don't do a cameo at all unless there is an actual Superman actor in place. I prefer a brighter MOS suit BTW. The MOS suit was too dark. The black suit, no way, if it is meant to be a replacement suit. I disliked the ZSJL ending with the heroes standing together and Cavill in the black suit.

The Cavill situation has gotten beyond ridiculous. Zaslav called out Batman, WW, Aquaman and Superman in the earnings call. I take that to mean he wants to use the Superman IP to a greater extent than did the old regime which I assume means more than cameos. It also means that WBD has to have an actor in place soon. So, if an actor search is not already underway, it needs to start like yesterday.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 08-22-2022 at 07:38 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Unpopular opinion for the thread here but the constant pining for Caville in the role is really starting to grate. Tyler's been Superman far longer and should be getting more praise for keeping the brand visible, not the continuous absence of a so-so actor who was in a string of 'eh' movies
    Wait..what? Tyler has been superman since supergirl season i don't remember.. That's not long
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

#ReleaseSupermanFace

There are also rumors that the post credit scene has a faceless Superman in a black suit.
    That's Snyder fans claim. More a wishful thinking, they want SM with the black suit for the sake of continuity with the Snydercut.

#ReleaseSupermanFace

That's Snyder fans claim. More a wishful thinking, they want SM with the black suit for the sake of continuity with the Snydercut.
    Yep, every time this tease gets described nobody reliable has ever said it was the black suit. The Snyder fans simply can’t accept that even were Cavill to return it would not be to continue Snyder’s plans for the franchise.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

#ReleaseSupermanFace

Well, some Snyder fans - the "fundamentalists" who presumably also want Snyder to do his JL2 in which Superman goes totally dark and kills everyone but the Flash. Crazy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yep, every time this tease gets described nobody reliable has ever said it was the black suit. The Snyder fans simply can’t accept that even were Cavill to return it would not be to continue Snyder’s plans for the franchise.
    The irony is that Snyder's plans (the knightmare stuff) were intended to be an alternate future that need to be prevented or erased. Not continuing these plans, in a way would fulfill the original intention.