Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Randolph is claiming they’re putting Cavill into the Flash too

Guess the plan is Cavill and Calle will coexist. Normally I wouldn’t put any stake in Randolph, she’s a grifter and an idiot who has frequently been called out, but ViewerAnon said she knew details on the Flash before he did so maybe she’s right again about what’s happening. Seems Affleck is still exiting and Keaton is sticking around.
    Cavill being in a movie heavily tied and influenced by MoS and where his character gets referenced every 5 mins? *shocked* This is like saying Superman was going to be in BA after The Rock teased it every week for like 3 years in a row.

Grace was the last to join the "Cavill is back" bandwagon after she was claiming he was join Marvel few weeks ago. Right now, I'm seeing she is getting called out by other scoopers for taking credit of an old leak, as Cavill was said to be on The Flash set by a crew member back in 2021.

It shows how much of a joke to not take seriously are all the rumors surrounding Cavill: he is done and never filmed anything, then he is back at the 11th hour under Zaslaz, now he was already back under Hamada... all according to the same people, lmao. It was a waste of anyone's time to follow this back and forth of "rumors" from these "scoopers".

The movies will speak for themselves when they'll be out. And, fortunately, we are close to finally know the truth.

Honestly the best case scenario for Cavill, short of another solo of course, is that Keaton stays as DCEU Batman and he gets to keep being DCEU Superman. Keaton wouldn’t be able to keep one upping and overshadowing him the way Batman usually does (and Batffleck explicitly has in the DCEU). Old Man Batman and a young Superman in his prime means Supes might actually get to step up and lead for once.
    I think BA will replace BM as SM's bff. While BM will hang out with Aquaman to rebound, lol.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-28-2022 at 11:49 AM.

I’d rather have Shazam be the close friend to Supes if The Rock is determined to drag Supes into his corner, but I guess a tense relationship between Adam and Supes could be interesting.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I’d rather have Shazam be the close friend to Supes if The Rock is determined to drag Supes into his corner, but I guess a tense relationship between Adam and Supes could be interesting.
    Wasn't Bendis trying to do something with them in his JL run?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wasn't Bendis trying to do something with them in his JL run?
    Wouldn’t know, didn’t read his JL after Marquez left, but I think that was a case of the tail wagging the dog. DC knew the Rock wanted a match up with Supes on the film side so they did some Black Adam/Superman interactions in the comics for synergy’s sake. He recommended they bring Adam in to try to soften his edge but Dark Crisis reverted Adam back to anti-villain status.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wouldn’t know, didn’t read his JL after Marquez left, but I think that was a case of the tail wagging the dog. DC knew the Rock wanted a match up with Supes on the film side so they did some Black Adam/Superman interactions in the comics for synergy’s sake. He recommended they bring Adam in to try to soften his edge but Dark Crisis reverted Adam back to anti-villain status.
    Yeah, very likely. Even Bendis said it was editorial mandate to add Adam because of the movie:

"He said he looked for what would be the best line-up for this specific moment in time for the characters. The only character he said DC, specifically Jim Lee, asked him to include was Black Adam, given the upcoming film starring The Rock."
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/justice-l...iew-dc-comics/

Is SM going to invite BA into the League even in the movies, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Yeah, very likely. Even Bendis said it was editorial mandate to add Adam because of the movie:

"He said he looked for what would be the best line-up for this specific moment in time for the characters. The only character he said DC, specifically Jim Lee, asked him to include was Black Adam, given the upcoming film starring The Rock."
    https://www.comicsbeat.com/justice-l...iew-dc-comics/

Is SM going to invite BA into the League even in the movies, lol?
    It's likely Zaslav doesn't get to the League before he sells WB. The 10-year plan is effectively non-existent given the 2024/2025 timeframe for a merger. At this point Zaslav is looking for little wins to make WB valuable. A Batfleck and BA2 may be announced under Zaslav's watch but not much more. The Snyderverse ends with a whimper as Universal does its own full-on reboot.

Apparently Cavill filmed cameos under the old regime and without a guaranteed solo. Variety and Deadline reported that Cavill was possibly going to do cameos in DC films but not a solo MOS film. That aligns with rumors that Cavill wanted to move on in his career. The Witcher and a number of other films are on his docket. He has creative freedom to choose any project, any genre he wants and not be tied down to Superman projects for a key decade in any actor's career (their 40s).
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-28-2022 at 05:02 PM.

How the hell is Grace still getting clicks after all her BS?!?

I would love it if they retconned the ending to MoS and showed Superman and Supergirl punching Zod back into the Phantom Zone.

Many wondered if Batfleck would commit to a string of Batman films. He has many other projects and, at 50, it's hard to get into shape. Affleck himself noted that. But, Batfleck doing a single standalone Batman film that he's been developing for years is different. I think Affleck has agreed to do scenes in several films and have his solo Batman made. That film would be huge and complete his run as Batman. As a potential BA vs Superman film would complete Cavill's Superman run. Tying things up nicely for both actors.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-28-2022 at 04:50 PM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    How the hell is Grace still getting clicks after all her BS?!?

I would love it if they retconned the ending to MoS and showed Superman and Supergirl punching Zod back into the Phantom Zone.
    Ugh!i would hate that.Then again i ain't interested...how black adam is what i am cautiously optimistic about..Not the flash.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Ugh!i would hate that.
    I don't think Kara/Supergirl, the "real" Kara, that appears few secs. at the end of The Flash is meant to be an adult woman that was already around during Zod's invasion in 2013 along with Superman's debut. She is supposed to be part of the new generation of heroes, like Blue Beetle or Batgirl.

The Kara in the screwed up "flashpoint" timeline created by Barry is tied to that time but spoilers:
    she gets killed by Zod all over again as a fixed point that can't be altered. By doing that, the movie couldn't make more clear that being there wasn't her purpose, time and place, imo
    end of spoilers

Truth is the DCEU is a mess and it can't be put back together again in a coherent way. Too many factions, too much toxic fandom. Just look at some in the Snyderverse camp and their reaction to the suit Superman will wear in the BA cameo. It has to be the black suit (or the Zimmer score) or they will boycott the film. Crazy stuff. When The Rock put out a video with an image from Josh Whedon's JL some fans went crazy. The Rock quickly pulled the image. The continuity problem with Superman appearing (if he does so) at the end of Flash along with Supergirl. Not easy to square that with MOS and the point is they shouldn't have to square it with what came before - and wouldn't have to if it's a new start to the DCEU.

If Zaslav had intended to hang on to WB for the long-term, he would have done a total reboot. Let Gadot get her third film and Mamoa his second but then full stop. At that point a reboot with all new (and younger) actors. A Feige type in place with an actual 10-year plan including JL films that are not tied to Snyder's "knightmare" vision. BTW, if you're a Superman fan it was indeed a nightmare.

For now, it's a holding pattern pending the outcome of a merger (or hostile takeover) in a few years. Though it means a longer wait for fans, a total reboot in a few years will turn out to be a saving grace for the DCEU and for fans.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 09-29-2022 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    Truth is the DCEU is a mess and it can't be put back together again in a coherent way. Too many factions, too much toxic fandom. Just look at some in the Snyderverse camp and their reaction to the suit Superman will wear in the BA cameo. It has to be the black suit (or the Zimmer score) or they will boycott the film. Crazy stuff. When The Rock put out a video with an image from Josh Whedon's JL some fans went crazy. The Rock quickly pulled the image. The continuity problem with Superman appearing (if he does so) at the end of Flash along with Supergirl. Not easy to square that with MOS and the point is they shouldn't have to square it with what came before - and wouldn't have to if it's a new start to the DCEU.

If Zaslav had intended to hang on to WB for the long-term, he would have done a total reboot. Let Gadot get her third film and Mamoa his second but then full stop. At that point a reboot with all new (and younger) actors. A Feige type in place with an actual 10-year plan including JL films that are not tied to Snyder's "knightmare" vision. BTW, if you're a Superman fan it was indeed a nightmare.

For now, it's a holding pattern pending the outcome of a merger (or hostile takeover) in a few years. Though it means a longer wait for fans, a total reboot in a few years will turn out to be a saving grace for the DCEU and for fans.
    Simply rebooting and replacing the actors would be incredibly difficult. The DC brand is still considered pretty terrible to most moviegoers. So they probably want to hold on to any goodwill they’ve garnered for as long as they can.

As you mentioned, the fandom can be toxic. They would have to shelve the main Justice League characters for a decade before rebooting to avoid a full on fan war.

I really don’t think anyone but Momoa is gonna generate enough excitement for a character like Aquaman to get another movie made. So just replacing him with another actor and keeping Aquaman a billion dollar franchise ain’t gonna happen. The character can devolve back into a joke real quick.

Wonder Woman 3 would have to be on the same level of terrible or worse than the sequel to get fans to rally around a replacement actress so soon.

Superman as a character isn’t popular enough anymore for a full reboot to be successful. The only thing that is generating any mainstream buzz for Supes is Cavill’s possible return. After his cameos are done and he officially leaves the role I can’t imagine WBD, in the horrible state they’re in, taking a chance on a Superman reboot for the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-30-2022 at 12:01 AM.

Simply rebooting and replacing the actors would be incredibly difficult. The DC brand is still considered pretty terrible to most moviegoers. So they probably want to hold on to any goodwill they’ve garnered for as long as they can.

Superman as a character isn’t popular enough anymore for a full reboot to be successful. The only thing that is generating any mainstream buzz for Supes is Cavill’s possible return. After his cameos are done and he officially leaves the role I can’t imagine WBD, in the horrible state they’re in, taking a chance on a Superman reboot for the foreseeable future.
    Sad but true. The BA buzz is not about Superman but about Cavill. I see no interest in a Superman movie among my friends. It's why the old regime wanted to shift to Supergirl and had OK'd a Supergirl solo. Supergirl with the right actress is likely a much stronger franchise than Superman. Look at Wonder Woman. Campea, a Superman/Cavill fan, doubts there is enough interest to warrant Superman films.

Cavill apparently doesn't want to return to the role - aside from cameos. He's on a roll with The Witcher. MI, a pending Highlander trilogy and more. Making a Superman film that likely would underperform other DC properties would be a hit to his career. Cavill's schedule precludes him from playing Superman and, as busy as he is, he is actively pursuing other projects such as House of The Dragon.

Once Cavill leaves the role after a few cameos I agree that WBD won't recast. However, when WBD is sold to most likely Comcast I think Universal will recast Superman but only as a support character in their DC world. WBD or Universal, I don't expect any more Superman films until the rights go into the public domain.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 10-01-2022 at 07:41 AM.

Poor Henry, he isn't even officially back to the role that he has to leave already. How many people's dogs he has kicked?

If the sequel to Black Adam is indeed BA vs Superman, I’ll take it. Superman isn’t currently a character that’s going to get a stand alone. WBD is in massive debt and can’t take the risk. And sadly a Superman solo flick is a massive risk.

A Black Adam vs Superman movie will at least get people talking about the character and maybe even generate enough excitement for future projects. There would be a huge promotional push which would feature Superman at the forefront. And best case scenario it would make up for the Batman v. Superman and become a billion dollar success. There is of course the worst case scenario but I’m choosing to be optimistic today.