Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    No matter who the superman is..he is gonna get his ass kicked and job to Black adam.
    I can see the initial fight going to Black Adam because Superman is susceptible to magic and Adam could take him off guard. I think they should just use the Superman/Shazam: Return of Black Adam as the blue print. No clear winner until Superman and Shazam team up to take him down.

I can’t imagine Zaslav allowing Superman to be humiliated when he’s all about the bottom line and he knows that the Superman brand can still make them money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    How is he gonna do that when he is filming the Witcher 3 this weekend
    Remember the Deadline piece referred to "buzz". It was a rumor and now people are starting to discount it realizing Cavill won't be at SDCC other than by a Zoon appearance. Folks turned this into Cavill coming back to the role. If there had been any significant about Cavill and Superman, he would have physically been there.

In the end this at most turns into Cavill calling in during the BA panel to wish Johnson good luck with his film - if even that. A call would keep alive speculation of a cameo by Cavill in BA. Good for publicity but I'm betting it's a faceless Superman cameo if it happens. I have my doubts about whether WBD will make a Superman film but, if they do, Cavill will not get the role. Zaslav/WBD won't take the financial risk.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-21-2022 at 07:43 AM.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I can’t imagine Zaslav allowing Superman to be humiliated when he’s all about the bottom line and he knows that the Superman brand can still make them money.
    You are right..Having superman over with audiences would be a priority..which means the guy jobbing or having poor showing would be captain marvel..
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Producer Beau Flynn on the fans' expectations of Black Adam facing Cavill's Superman: https://twitter.com/nestorcine/statu...43883621617665

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Producer Beau Flynn on the fans' expectations of Black Adam facing Cavill's Superman: https://twitter.com/nestorcine/statu...43883621617665
    I think the BA team are zooming fans to build hype for the film. Grace Randolph replied to the tweet. She has seen screenings of BA and tweeted that only Superman's body appears in the cameo. No face, no Cavill.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey2 View Post
    I think the BA team are zooming fans to build hype for the film. Grace Randolph replied to the tweet. She has seen screenings of BA and tweeted that only Superman's body appears in the cameo. No face, no Cavill.
    Screenings aren't the full movie it'll go in theater. If Henry should appear at SDCC this Saturday to make an announcement, his face was likely cut to avoid leaks before making official he is in the role. Studios want to control these type of announcements and don't let random leaks to ruin them.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 07-21-2022 at 01:28 PM.

Expanding the DCEU

As to whether—as fans ask him every day—Black Adam will ever follow his comic-book counterpart in facing off with Superman, Johnson offers an almost philosophical answer. In the comics, the pair have fought multiple times, as Johnson knows, but someday he hopes for something simpler: “The dream is just to have them acknowledge each other.” In his mind, it’s not quite the handshake that we see in the comic-book pages, but “just a head nod,” a recognition from both that “we exist’’ at the same time and in the same vast DC Universe.

Full interview: https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/how...he-big-screen/

He is referring to the post credit scene without spoiling.

John Campea is a big MOS fan (feels it is the most under-rated superhero film) and Cavill is his Superman. I disagree with him on that, but his analysis is often good and spot on. He would not bet money that Cavill will be at ComiCon. Beyond that his sense is that BA is not getting the anticipation among audiences that it should be getting. And that even talk about Cavill can help boost anticipation for BA. Kinda where I am - I suspect this Cavill stuff is an effort to boost interest in BA. Either by Johnson or WBD perhaps because they are worried a bit about how big its box office will be.

Double post.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-21-2022 at 07:35 PM.

Black adam had me from the initial promo material at fandom..It was the only thing i was interested in other than the batman.The trailer was the only mid outing so far..It has freaking jsa.My personal experience,it feels hype.It doesn't really need superman for that.Captain marvel will suffice. Besides,The rock is the pull for black adam..
    If cavil superman hype is that necessary..Then people who don't want that superman is in for a ride.You can bet he will be back and start a fisty cuff with black adam.

John Campea is a big MOS fan (feels it is the most under-rated superhero film) and Cavill is his Superman. I disagree with him on that, but his analysis is often good and spot on. He would not bet money that Cavill will be at ComiCon. Beyond that his sense is that BA is not getting the anticipation among audiences that it should be getting. And that even talk about Cavill can help boost anticipation for BA. Kinda where I am - I suspect this Cavill stuff is an effort to boost interest in BA. Either by Johnson or WBD perhaps because they are worried a bit about how big its box office will be.
    You make it sounds like some elaborate scam, lol. It's part of their business hyping an actor or a beloved character's guesting.

Superman fans should feel flattered by the character's next appearance on the big screen being treated as so important.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Black adam had me from the initial promo material at fandom..It was the only thing i was interested in other than the batman.The trailer was the only mid outing so far..It has freaking jsa.My personal experience,it feels hype.It doesn't really need superman for that.Captain marvel will suffice. Besides,The rock is the pull for black adam..
    If cavil superman hype is that necessary..Then people who don't want that superman is in for a ride.You can bet he will be back and start a fisty cuff with black adam.
    Cavill and Johnson fighting on stage at SDCC going viral tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    You make it sounds like some elaborate scam, lol. It's part of their business hyping an actor or a beloved character's guesting.

Superman fans should feel flattered by the character's next appearance on the big screen being treated as so important.
    No, it's good PR. IMO it is driven as much but the years long drama about Cavill (is he or is he not) as it the Superman character. Whether Cavill appears or not in BA is irrelevant. Just his calling into SDCC, if he does so, will keep the PR going. Johnson's PR team will have boosted interest in the film the for the critical first weekend.

Interestingly, Jim Lee just said at ComicCon that WB has no plans to continue with the Snyderverse which sort of confirms that Cavill is out.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-22-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Interestingly, Jim Lee just said at ComicCon that WB has no plans to continue with the Snyderverse which sort of confirms that Cavill is out.
    I think that just means the Snyderverse is out, but we do have elements of the Snyderverse (Aquaman, Wonder Woman) still around. I hope a decision like, "Well, we canceled the Snyderverse so that means we 100% can't bring back Cavill (or Superman)" isn't being thrown around in WB, especially since they really should be focusing on how to fix their Flash situation.
    Last edited by DochaDocha; 07-22-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I hope a decision like, "Well, we canceled the Snyderverse so that means we 100% can't bring back Cavill (or Superman)" isn't being thrown around in WB, especially since they really should be focusing on how to fix their Flash situation.
    Well, the old regime made the decision to erase Superman from the DCEU and Lee's comment makes it sound as if Zaslav has decided to go with that plan. If that is the case, then it's driven by the bottom line and "penny pincher" Zaslav determining Superman is not financially viable as a film franchise. Or not near as viable as WW, Aquaman, Shazam, BA and certainly Batman.
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-22-2022 at 09:11 AM.

Superman and/or Cavill playing Superman can exist without Snyderverse.