Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

The Rock was boo-ed for the vagueness about Superman: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1550922267684511744

This SDCC was a big L for DC.

So that was a f***ing lie.

I wasn't truly expecting it, knew the buzz could all be bunk, but at the same time I couldn't help but wonder about the possibility of a non-Snyderverse reboot.

They really think neck down or silhouette cameos and Supergirl will please people?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-23-2022 at 01:23 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    So that was a f***ing lie.

I wasn't truly expecting it, knew the buzz could all be bunk, but at the same time I couldn't help but wonder about the possibility of a non-Snyderverse reboot.

They really think neck down or silhouette cameos and Supergirl will please people?
    They definitely do not, which is why they apparently want Cavill back. Seems they haven’t realized most people would take a new rebooted Superman over Cavill or these dumb headless shots at this point.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    They definitely do not, which is why they apparently want Cavill back. Seems they haven’t realized most people would take a new rebooted Superman over Cavill or these dumb headless shots at this point.
    This is what I was pointing out some day ago, everything official from WB is like he was always still in the role, they never moved away from his Superman. This is what I expected (and still expect) to be clarified this October or whenever.

They never released an official statement about Cavill's status like they did for every other actors and for Cavill himself back in 2018. He is still used as the face of live action Superman in their promo DC stuff (along with Pattinson and the other current actors: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuFf6jSp5zk

Sasha Calle's Supergirl is the cousin of his iteration of Superman, not of an alt. SM. and she's tied to the MoS' continuity, same Krypton, same Zod, same costumes, etc. They went as far to call back the crew that worked on MoS to recreate that movie aesthetic. They don't do all of this for Batfleck or Rayborg.

I mean from what I know he could've filmed **** or had schedulings problem to film something due Covid delays, or The Rock is keeping the door open for him, lol, but I'd like to hear something official, not speculations.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    We will see once Zazlov's regime is fully in charge, but I'm not that optimistic we will get a mainstream traditional Superman film with a recognizable version of the character.
    I'm actually more optimistic that we will, under Zaslov. Dude is all about the bottom line right? He's not gonna tolerate these controversial passion projects. He wants that big swagger MCU success, which means easy crowd pleasers that don't take any real risks.

We will either get Supergirl as a DCEU replacement permanently (as in the next decade at least) or the Abrams/Coates Oscar bait passion project. Or ultimately nothing aside from Superman and Lois on TV.
    The Flash movie is wrapped, or close to it right? Yeah, we'll get Supergirl there, unless she's left on the editing room floor. But as a ongoing replacement? I doubt it. If the actress is an instant fan favorite and hits big, then she'll get to keep the role because it'll be a money maker. But anything less than that kind of success and they'll cut their losses, because why keep pushing something that isn't profitable?

And I doubt the Abrams/Coates thing is gonna fare even that well. Far as I'm aware the thing barely has a finished script. I'd be surprised if it made it into principal photography, honestly.

Zaslov, from what I hear, seems like the kinda guy who'll stick with the most profitable path, which in Clark's case is the classic, tried and true Superman. The only way he goes for weird experimentation and risk with Superman is if he's a complete idiot who can't recognize that the problems with the IP have been born of WB's internal chaos and incompetence. If Zaslov isn't an idiot, he'll stick with a classic Superman because that's a proven thing, and look for people who actually like that guy and understand how to make him appealing. On the other hand, it also means Zaslov isn't as likely to approve of investing in characters who're unproven, and the B- and C-listers won't get much/any love. And if Zaslov *is* an idiot, then it doesn't matter what he approves of or not, it'll be terrible either way. Which is pretty much where we're at right now anyway.

As long as they can rely on Batman to bring in the batmoney, Superman will continue to wither on the vine.
    Not just Clark, the entire DCU. Even the other Bats, like Nightwing and Robin and Batwoman, suffer from DC's devotion to Bruce (just less than the rest, and Clark himself has it better than many). I don't expect to see that improve any time soon either; after years of mismanagement DC is dealing with the consequences of their own actions and can barely sell a comic that isn't Batman. It's gonna take a lot of hard work to rebuild that brand trust and loyalty, and I honestly don't know if the people in charge are up to the challenge, or if the market itself is even capable of rebuilding at this point.

If Zaslov really is as focused on the bottom line as people say (and I know nothing of this man, just what I see here) then I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the comics are licensed out to a third party. Marvel's already done it a bit with IDW. I don't know enough about the inner workings of the industry to have any real idea of how it'd work but it wouldn't completely surprise me if DC stopped making a lot of their own comics over the next ten years or so.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    This is what I was pointing out some day ago, everything official from WB is like he was always still in the role, they never moved away from his Superman. This is what I expected (and still expect) to be clarified this October or whenever.
    Well if you’ll recall back when THR first put out that report saying Cavill was done, Garcia (Cavill’s agent) said WB would release a statement denying it… and they didn’t ! They said they “hadn’t made a choice on the future Superman movies but greatly appreciated their relationship with Cavill” i.e. “maybeeeeee we’ll dump him, we haven’t decided yet” and that’s the status quo ever since. They haven’t “officially” parted ways with him, but they sure as **** haven’t made any effort to give him another solo movie given they shot down his MacQuarrie pitch - boy do they look stupid for not getting Cruise to play Hal after MI6 and Top Gun 2 - and the leaks for Flash were pretty blunt that Cavill was getting erased. I know you dispute that but everything was pointing towards Cavill getting kicked out the door. Now I still think Cavill is done, but hopefully Superman won’t go with him. Any luck and the Rock will get fed up with Cavill’s bullshit and just get WB to cast someone new.

Edit: Lol looks like Grace might have been right that Cavill is a prima donna:

I’ve heard he’s a real pain in the ass to work with so many studios don’t want to work with him

Yeah, I've also heard he can be... particular.
    https://twitter.com/vieweranon/statu...hcTTiUHO5qh99Q
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-23-2022 at 02:36 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Kind of figured this would be nothing between a combination of the Miller/Heard controversies, new corporate management, and WB/DC maybe not being so into SDCC anymore.

S**t or get off the pot. This is tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well if you’ll recall back when THR first put out that report Cavill was down, Garcia (Cavill’s agent) said WB would release a statement denying it… and they didn’t ! They said they “hadn’t made a choice on the future Superman movies but greatly appreciated their relationship with Cavill” i.e. “maybeeeeee we’ll dump him, we haven’t decided yet” and that’s the status quo ever since. They haven’t “officially” parted ways with him, but they sure as **** haven’t made any effort to give him another solo movie given they shot down his MacQuarrie pitch - boy do they look stupid for not getting Cruise to play Hal after MI6 and Top Gun 2 - and the leaks for Flash were pretty blunt that Cavill was getting erased. I know you dispute that but everything was pointing towards Cavill getting kicked out the door. Now I still think Cavill is done, but hopefully Superman won’t go with him. Any luck and the Rock will get fed up with Cavill’s bullshit and just get WB to cast someone new.
    Meh, I'm just getting more and more annoyed by this whole thing. All the speculations and confusions and now this **** from Deadline. I was in wait and see mode, and I dunno why Cavill could be supposed to be at the BA panel if Superman has just a cameo in BA, but it's Deadline, still one of the 3 most reputable trades, wtf? and this really further pissed me off for the expectations it raised and negative reactions it caused everywhere. It should've debunked if not true.

Btw, I'm still looking forward to the post-BA release to have something more concrete as reference to discuss this thing.

On a positive note (sort of) people wants Superman, lol:

The rumor ended up upstaging Warner Bros.’ panel, with fans waiting for another shoe to drop when in fact the studio only intended on showcasing the next two DC films slated to hit theaters later this year. The panel was more muted than years past, focusing on New Line’s “Black Adam” and “Shazam! 2” as the studio declined to showcase footage from two other DC projects currently in post-production, “The Flash” and “Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom.”

Full article: https://www.thewrap.com/henry-cavill...umor-superman/

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Well, the DC panel is officially a bust.
    Assassinate Putin!

I just don't understand what the flying f*ck is WB problem. Like this shouldn't be hard thing to do.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

The Rock was boo-ed for the vagueness about Superman: https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1550922267684511744

Aha!the backlash appeared..i guess i was wrong about the rock being not stupid to play this game.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Extraordinary Member

give up on cavil just let it go
    mabey call Brandon routh

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

That was like 1 boo out of the entire crowd (which still seemed small lol)

But no one should've expected this to be real when it was leaked. It wouldnt be something that was easily leaked.

Though....they should just change it up and do Black Adam vs. Wonder Woman.