Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

I guess this comic definitely explains why Sam's face looks the way it does in present day books.

I could see this as a pitch for Reeves and Pattinson's take on Batman.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Ah, so we're getting to the Lindbergh conspiracy theories now.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Extraordinary Member

So is this the actual history of Gotham? There's no sign of the Black Label logo anywhere. I only ask because I really dug this latest issue and the origin of Crime Alley. I'm not as thrilled about how old Bradley would have to be in the present day for this story to make sense, though.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    So is this the actual history of Gotham? There's no sign of the Black Label logo anywhere. I only ask because I really dug this latest issue and the origin of Crime Alley. I'm not as thrilled about how old Bradley would have to be in the present day for this story to make sense, though.
    I don't know how DC intends for it, but I think it's as "canon" as King's Bat/Cat comic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know how DC intends for it, but I think it's as "canon" as King's Bat/Cat comic.
    That would make sense. Although that would be more likely if it also had a Black Label logo on it like that particular book did.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member

Gotham City: Year One #5 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Jorge Fornes

Damn, Bruce’s grandparents are both incredibly shitty people.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Damn, Bruce’s grandparents are both incredibly shitty people.
    Coming from Tom King, I would expect nothing less.

Extraordinary Member

Didn't an ancestor of Bruce's help bring forth a demon in Dark Knight Dark City way back when? Every tree's gonna have a few rotten apples.

Didn't an ancestor of Bruce's help bring forth a demon in Dark Knight Dark City way back when? Every tree's gonna have a few rotten apples.
    I think even the Return of Bruce Wayne had 1-2 evil Waynes.

With every story unveiling the past Waynes, Bruce will soon be the only not rotten apple of the tree.

The moment they announced this series and said it would tell the "true" story of Gotham, I knew it would have a evil/criminal Wayne involved.

Extraordinary Member

Gotham City: Year One #6 Preview
    Writer: Tom King
    Artist: Jorge Fornes

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Coming from Tom King, I would expect nothing less.
    You know it. Of course, I'm not reading this one. Not a fan of the King that I've read at all (or read about) and now avoid him. Nor was this ever going to be my type of story regardless.

It is so incredibly tedious now how writers want to make good guys or previously good families (we've had several versions of ancestors for Clark and Bruce, at least) evil. It's not edgy. It's not interesting. It's not new. It's just boring. We've done it, in various versions, with Kara's bio parents, Clark's dad (both of them or just Jor-El?), Bruce's dad, Wally's dad, and others (supporting characters for Hawks and Aquaman and I think Adam Strange) now half of Bruce's grandparents. Oh, we already did some other relatives of Bruce in New 52, didn't we? That's one I only read about, so am less sure of.

Astonishing Member

Well I read it, confusing somewhat, probably since the delays didn't help and I ended forgetting key plot points which I suppose it be better rereading all 6 issues in 1 sitting. It did intrigue me on the history of Gotham and its decline and how obviously the Good Waynes began with Thomas as Bruce grandparents are not good people. anyway what you think? after this finale.