Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

That's well......a filler issue

Incredible Member

I'll reserve my judgment for the full issue but I never cared for the Adaptoids and don't see why this should be any different.

doc ock arms leads Peter to this place
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

What's up with Peter arms?

The only noteworthy thing about it is the Sinister Six Adaptoid using, I think, actual lines of dialogue for the villains' debut issues.

Astonishing Member

Looks fun, I guess. Personally I’m tired of every anniversary issue having HUGE stakes. As long as it’s a good read, that’s fine with me.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Looks fun, I guess. Personally I’m tired of every anniversary issue having HUGE stakes. As long as it’s a good read, that’s fine with me.
    Honestly I feel like an anniversary should be treated as a big thing but maybe I'm just a little bitter about Spec 300.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly I feel like an anniversary should be treated as a big thing but maybe I'm just a little bitter about Spec 300.
    I don’t know. The last few ASM anniversaries have kinda sucked. But maybe that’s because they were all written by Slott. Honestly, the only anniversary issues I still reread are ASM#300, #400 and SPEC #200. Sure, they do have high stakes, but that was back when high stakes events were relatively rare. Now I feel like I have whiplash going from one HUGE nothing-will-be-the-same event to another. Not a big fan of Wells’ run so far, but savage beating from Tombstone aside, I do appreciate that the stakes seem a bit less than Spencer (Kindred saga that went on forever and ended with a whimper) and Slott (all the spider-verses, Inheritors, Doc Ock taking over Peter’s body, Red Goblin, etc). Even Beyond put Peter in a coma. If this #900 is just a good old fashioned brawl with a fun villain who has all the Sinister Six’s powers, I’m fine with that tbh.

Hopefully it's a fun anniversary issue, looks fun.

BANNED

"Fun" doesn't mean a good time.

Marvel movies are "fun" but are objectively cringe and terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    "Fun" doesn't mean a good time.

Marvel movies are "fun" but are objectively cringe and terrible.
    Ok.

Not disagreeing about Marvel movies but I don't want a depressing anniversary issue where Spidey dies, conversely.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Ok.

Not disagreeing about Marvel movies but I don't want a depressing anniversary issue where Spidey dies, conversely.
    All I ask is that and there be no character derailments, Parker ostracism, or major deaths in the supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabs View Post
    All I ask is that and there be no character derailments, Parker ostracism, or major deaths in the supporting cast.
    Exactly lol, my favorite anniversary issues are 300 and 500, they're good stories and relatively low-key. Anniversary issues run the gamut of: sets strange new development into gear (6-arms, Superior), something historically significant happens to the character/someone around him (the Burglar dies, Aunt May dies, Aunt May gets married, Flash....dies ), or a new foe is battled! I guess this one may be following the #300 template of Spidey's big battle with 'a new villain' but a Sinister Adaptoid hardly seems like a type of thing you do more than once- it could be a fun time as a gonzo done-in-one, though. They did promise some crazy insane developments as well, so there's that lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    Exactly lol, my favorite anniversary issues are 300 and 500, they're good stories and relatively low-key. Anniversary issues run the gamut of: sets strange new development into gear (6-arms, Superior), something historically significant happens to the character/someone around him (the Burglar dies, Aunt May dies, Aunt May gets married, Flash....dies ), or a new foe is battled! I guess this one may be following the #300 template of Spidey's big battle with 'a new villain' but a Sinister Adaptoid hardly seems like a type of thing you do more than once- it could be a fun time as a gonzo done-in-one, though. They did promise some crazy insane developments as well, so there's that lol.
    My needs are simple.

You never know! It appears to be a comic that veers into nostalgia, but when done effectively, those issues can mean a raucous good time.