Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rob London View Post
    Dr. Boris Korpse was a member of Felicia's crew, back in her first appearance in ASM #194. He was brought back to become a regular supporting character in Jed MacKay's excellent Black Cat series.
    Thanks for the info. But seriously, who would have to have "korpse" as a name?

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Blaize View Post
    This issue was....eh. It seems like a simple stand alone milestone issue, but then you delve deeper into it and it becomes rather insulting.

spoilers:
    Oh hey, Otto's here. And he's asking for Spider-man's help. Maybe they'll throw us SpOck fans a bone--wait, no. He's a full blown blustering idiot again. Fun.

Oh hey it's Flash. Wait...this is how you reveal that Flash is alive again to Peter? As a throwaway line? Soooooo much wasted potential. Also I find it REALLY hard to believe that his symbiote could be nullified so easily.

Oh Hey, Anna Maria. People remember you exist. Wait, your only contribution to this issue is to state that you essentially want to jump Otto's bones? To hell with all the character development and the genuinine friendship you developed with him in Superior Vol 2? To the point that you encouraged him to hook up with Emma? Remember that marvel??

Oh hey Bobbi. We haven't seen you in Spider-man in.....what...five or so years? You sure as hell haven't been his bodyguard in a while. Seems like you're only there to create friction with Felicia. And speaking of...

Oh hey, Peter and Felicia? Okay. Fine. While I don't mind the pairing, it LITERALLY came out of left field. At least give us a reason. Show the two of them growing closer in the wake of whatever happened with MJ. Make it mean something instead of "Oh hey, Peter and Felicia are a thing now.". It's also hard to get invested when 1) they seem to be hinting that Peter and MJ are going to get back together AGAIN and 2) Even if they aren't hinting at it, it's REALLY hard to get invested in a relationship when Marvel has shown an absolute willingness to disregard any type of character and relationship building on a whim.
    end of spoilers
    Not to mention Anti-Venom is supposed to NOT have other symbiotes' weaknesses against fire and sound.
    Last edited by Ursalink; 07-27-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

This run is the drizzling shits and this issue reaffirms why I'm dropping the book now. A fat fail for an anniversary issue. What makes this even worse? It's Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary and he's having a **** birthday. Spidey and the readers deserve better.

BANNED

I just don’t know why anyone would spend money on this book anymore when it’s clear wells and Lowe just ignore EVERYTHING that’s come before and any character development.

It’s like burning your money because it’s such a waste of time.

This isn’t Spider-Man it’s some mini series because it’s just an utter mess and makes no sense, it reads like some little boys fan fiction.

BANNED

The difference in quality between 900 and the first five issues leads me to consider the possibility somebody ghost wrote the opening Tombstone arc

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The difference in quality between 900 and the first five issues leads me to consider the possibility somebody ghost wrote the opening Tombstone arc
    Yep, this felt more Wells like compared to the rest of the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I'm giving the benefit of the doubt and going to say someone ghost wrote issue 900. Cause if someone ghost wrote 1 through 5 i want to know who ghost wrote hellions.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Back-up stories were good. Shout out to the New York Public Library! I laughed at and wondered about the meaning of the Faust book. Yes, I know what it refers to but what did the librarian mean when she said tomorrow?
    It means Peter had One More Day with the book.

BANNED

Not the first time they've used the Faust joke. Mary Jane was shown to be reading it in her first post-OMD appearance.

Amazing Member

Issue #900 was so groundbreaking. Who would have thought a writer could come up with a story where spider-man needs help taking down a villain. What a truly inspiring story. It gave me goosebumps. And the party where every supporting character was acting out of character was truly remarkable. Obviously a 10 out of 10 story.
    Last edited by Tears4Fears; 08-08-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Sinister Six vs The X-Men is what I want to see...