Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Doc Ock's arms were sent to ask Spider-Man for help. I suppose Spidey will have to free the Sinsiter Six (wherever they are) and they will have to work together to stop this adaptoid.

I know, they all hate Spider-Man, but I'm pretty sure they will hate to be used as pignea pigs even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Doc Ock's arms were sent to ask Spider-Man for help. I suppose Spidey will have to free the Sinsiter Six (wherever they are) and they will have to work together to stop this adaptoid.

I know, they all hate Spider-Man, but I'm pretty sure they will hate to be used as pignea pigs even more.
    That, again, sounds like a fun idea. Although remember the solicits for the Hobgoblin issues say the beating Spidey got from Tombstone and Vulture won't compare to what Hobgoblin puts him through... I guess we'll see Vulture rough him up pretty good in this issue lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    "Fun" doesn't mean a good time.

Marvel movies are "fun" but are objectively cringe and terrible.
    The last 15 years of Spidey comics have, with a few exceptions, been cringe and terrible (not going to copy your incorrect usage of the description “objectively”… while there have been some recent duds, lots of people think many of the MCU films, such as Black Panther, No Way Home, Infinity War, Civil War, etc. have been great).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
    That, again, sounds like a fun idea. Although remember the solicits for the Hobgoblin issues say the beating Spidey got from Tombstone and Vulture won't compare to what Hobgoblin puts him through... I guess we'll see Vulture rough him up pretty good in this issue lol.
    The fight with the Vulture will likely come on the following issues, where Peter and Norman start working together, and Spidey gets new suit and weapons; but we don't know anything else. I suppose the reason for Spidey to use a glider is to better fight the Vulture. (To fight an enemy who can fly, you need to fly yourself).

Besides, you are forgetting something: There's more than one Vulture in the Marvel Universe. Adrian Toomes, Blackie Drago, the Red Vulture, the Vulturions... Who say it will be the same Vulture in both stories?

As for the #900, I suppose the issue will end like this: The Sinister Six and Spider-Man defeat the Super-Adaptoid and whoever created it, then it seems they are going to fight Spider-Man for a second, but Doc Ock says something like "The Hell with this! I had enough for today. We'll return to usual business tomorrow". Then, Spidey and the Sinsiter Six go by separated ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The last 15 years of Spidey comics have, with a few exceptions, been cringe and terrible (not going to copy your incorrect usage of the description “objectively”… while there have been some recent duds, lots of people think many of the MCU films, such as Black Panther, No Way Home, Infinity War, Civil War, etc. have been great).
    I don't put much stock in the opinions of people who enjoy this stuff. To me their enablers and part of a very real problem. I'm with every major hollywood director who have ever called these things uncinematic theme park rides, made for disposable consumption, the reason so many of them aren't landing with audiences now is that a lot of them have woken up and they've realized how fleeced they've been over the last decade. The emperor is naked. I've said it for years, now I'm vindicated.

The films you mention are good, but they have all of the same problems MCU films have.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    I don't put much stock in the opinions of people who enjoy this stuff. To me their enablers and part of a very real problem. I'm with every major hollywood director who have ever called these things uncinematic theme park rides, made for disposable consumption, the reason so many of them aren't landing with audiences now is that a lot of them have woken up and they've realized how fleeced they've been over the last decade. The emperor is naked. I've said it for years, now I'm vindicated.

The films you mention are good, but they have all of the same problems MCU films have.
    The reason they’re not landing with audiences now is that they’re burnt out on the MCU, which has felt aimless since Phase 4 began after End Game. But each entry is still raking in hundreds of millions of dollars, if not over a billion. So that should tell you something. Also, those snobby directors who have derided CBMs would say the same thing about the most lauded films of the genre, including Dark Knight, Logan or Black Panther. They have a problem with the superhero genre in general; it’s not like they’re in-step with the majority of critics on Rotten Tomatoes (so then who is “objectively” right? The critics who repeatedly give these films fresh ratings, except for the more dire examples of the genre, or the directors like Scorsese who have probably never actually seen a MCU film in their lives but just hate them on principle?). You also concede some films are good while earlier calling them “objectively terrible”… so I guess my problem is with your usage of that word. I’m burnt out on the MCU too, but the films pre-Phase 4 were generally good in my opinion.
    Last edited by HypnoHustler; 07-22-2022 at 07:14 AM.

Astonishing Member

I just realized there's something wrong in the preview. Spidey didn't notice the Super-Adaptoid until it called his attention taping on his shoulder with Ock's "fingers". Why didn't his Spider-Sense warn him of the incoming danger?

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I just realized there's something wrong in the preview. Spidey didn't notice the Super-Adaptoid until it called his attention taping on his shoulder with Ock's "fingers". Why didn't his Spider-Sense warn him of the incoming danger?
    Could be with who's inside the Adaptoid

Maybe that's the shocking twist

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

As far as I know, the only one who can negates Spidey's Spider-Sense is Venom (and his symbiote family). Venom has evolved beyond "just another Spidey's enemy", so who could be inside that adaptoid (if there's really someone inside).

Spectacular Member

IMO an anniversary issue should have a bigger / better artist than Ed McG

Astonishing Member

As far as I know, the only one who can negates Spidey's Spider-Sense is Venom (and his symbiote family). Venom has evolved beyond "just another Spidey's enemy", so who could be inside that adaptoid (if there's really someone inside).
    The spider-clones (Peter, Ben, Kaine and Spidercide) negate each other’s Spidey senses iirc.

spider-sense is consistent at being inconsistent
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post

What about something Goblin related?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    What about something Goblin related?
    Considering what follows 900 is a new arc starting in issues 7-8 with Peter accepting a new suit and tech from the supposedly "cleansed" Norman Osborn . . . wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Mysterio has managed to fool his Spider-Sense i. The past with chemicals