Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathangoop1811 View Post
    Mysterio has managed to fool his Spider-Sense i. The past with chemicals
    That's true. So has Norman Osborn/Green Goblin. In fact, dulling his spider-sense was how Norman found out his true identity in the first place.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

The adaptiod using the all the six’s debut quotes is pretty badass.

So how is ASM doing lately? I haven't bothered to check reviews sales because quite frankly, I don't usually care, but I'm curious. I know people who enjoy it which is nice to see and I am glad that they're enjoying it. So far for me, I think it's been pretty fine. Not revolutionary, not great, but it's certainly alright. More enjoyable than the clusterfuck that is the endgame of Spencer's run for sure

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JustLuke View Post
    So how is ASM doing lately? I haven't bothered to check reviews sales because quite frankly, I don't usually care, but I'm curious. I know people who enjoy it which is nice to see and I am glad that they're enjoying it. So far for me, I think it's been pretty fine. Not revolutionary, not great, but it's certainly alright. More enjoyable than the clusterfuck that is the endgame of Spencer's run for sure
    It's passable, but the mystery box is a massive swing and a miss. You don't really need it to tell the stories. Wells could have just left Peter and MJ alone and tried to give their new live-in relationship post-Beyond major dramatic tension instead with Peter working for Norman to make their ends meet.

Ultimately, I think Peter going to Norman for help in whatever he did is the biggest reason why she left him.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    why she left him.
    Given that Mary Jane collaborated with Norman, it would be contradictory for her to turn her back on Peter if he did the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    It's passable, but the mystery box is a massive swing and a miss. You don't really need it to tell the stories. Wells could have just left Peter and MJ alone and tried to give their new live-in relationship post-Beyond major dramatic tension instead with Peter working for Norman to make their ends meet.

Ultimately, I think Peter going to Norman for help in whatever he did is the biggest reason why she left him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    Given that Mary Jane collaborated with Norman, it would be contradictory for her to turn her back on Peter if he did the same.
    Mary Jane only collaborated with Norman for (who or what she thought was) Harry's sake, and she made it very clear she still viscerally despised him and didn't buy for a second that he was "cleansed" by what Sin-Eater did to him. Depending on the circumstances of how Peter ended up in that crater six months ago and what Norman might have had to do with that . . . assuming he did . . . that could very well be what drove MJ away from him, not wanting to see him compromise himself further.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Wonder if we'll get any info on either Peter or MJ mystery box
    What the big surprise will be at the end of the issue?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Mary Jane
    I had a good reason to use the word contradictory. The actions would be at odds with the information we presently have. Mary Jane did cooperate with Norman. MJ could separate from Peter on any grounds, and she'd be justified. No one is legally obligated to remain with someone. The behavior would be inconsistent with the knowledge we now have. If we assume MJ will act in character, there is no reason not to consider that Peter judged that what he did was fitting. I don't know why they split up outside the author's intent. It's not that she wouldn't be justified, mind you. I don't want Wells to focus on anything MJ did, too. I don't want to arm her critics with ammunition.

I consider robbing the Fantastic Four and causing large explosions to be unassailable grounds to denounce someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunala View Post
    I had a good reason to use the word contradictory. The actions would be at odds with the information we presently have. Mary Jane did cooperate with Norman. MJ could separate from Peter on any grounds, and she'd be justified. No one is legally obligated to remain with someone. The behavior would be inconsistent with the knowledge we now have. If we assume MJ will act in character, there is no reason not to consider that Peter judged that what he did was fitting. I don't know why they split up outside the author's intent. It's not that she wouldn't be justified, mind you. I don't want Wells to focus on anything MJ did, too. I don't want to arm her critics with ammunition.

I consider robbing the Fantastic Four and causing large explosions to be unassailable grounds to denounce someone.
    Fair enough, and I'd rather not give her detractors ammunition, either. That said, I would agree with you that massive property destruction is one thing but burglarizing the Fantastic Four --- who were or are like family to Peter/Spidey --- is something of a line-crosser.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Wonder if we'll get any info on either Peter or MJ mystery box
    What the big surprise will be at the end of the issue?
    I’m betting it’s Peter agreeing to go to work for Norman and maybe accepting the Goblinized Spider-costume, which we know will happen in the next few issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Fair enough, and I'd rather not give her detractors ammunition, either. That said, I would agree with you that massive property destruction is one thing but burglarizing the Fantastic Four --- who were or are like family to Peter/Spidey --- is something of a line-crosser.
    In ASM 1, Peter says something about how Norman, Randy and May all think he’s let them down and they would be right, but then says, “but MJ…” as if he didn’t let her down and/or she shouldn’t think that. But who knows — oh, wait, Peter and MJ should know what happened, but Wells has visibly slapped duct tape over their mouths and thoughts so the reader doesn’t know.
    Last edited by TinkerSpider; 07-24-2022 at 06:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    I’m betting it’s Peter agreeing to go to work for Norman and maybe accepting the Goblinized Spider-costume, which we know will happen in the next few issues.

In ASM 1, Peter says something about how Norman, Randy and May all think he’s let them down and they would be right, but then says, “but MJ…” as if he didn’t let her down and/or she shouldn’t think that. But who knows — oh, wait, Peter and MJ should know what happened, but Wells has visibly slapped duct tape over their mouths and thoughts so the reader doesn’t know.
    Which is aggravating. Very aggravating.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post

They know we're reading and have to talk obtusely because they signed a NDA with Lowe and Wells. Pretty natural

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

700 and 800 were arc climax issues; this is just some stand-alone like 600. Better step your game up, Wells.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    700 and 800 were arc climax issues; this is just some stand-alone like 600. Better step your game up, Wells.
    The stand-alone anniversary issues are always better than the “arc climax” ones though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The stand-alone anniversary issues are always better than the “arc climax” ones though.
    The only anniversary issue that wasn't an "arc climax" was 300.

400 wasn't even an arc climax, it was the "Empire Strikes Back" chapter of The Clone Saga where everything went to hell, it's regarded as a classic.

500 was the concluding chapter of "Happy Birthday" a multi-part anniversary celebration for the character where he was in a good place. It's probably the last decent anniversary story

All the other anniversary issues tied up an arc or set arcs up