Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    The only anniversary issue that wasn't an "arc climax" was 300.

400 wasn't even an arc climax, it was the "Empire Strikes Back" chapter of The Clone Saga where everything went to hell, it's regarded as a classic.

500 was the concluding chapter of "Happy Birthday" a multi-part anniversary celebration for the character where he was in a good place. It's probably the last decent anniversary story

All the other anniversary issues tied up an arc or set arcs up
    The person above you just said 600 was a stand-alone . I guess you two have to get your story straight about what separates stand-alone from climax. 300 was stand-alone, but by your logic one could argue it was the climax to the alien costume saga. OTOH, I really view 500 as a stand-alone more than a climax. And anniversary issues don’t have to end in double zeros. There’s been some great anniversary issues that end in “50”, as well as anniversary issues in satellite titles (although granted my favorite was Spec #200, which was a climax to the Harry Osborn saga). The point is, the line can be blurred between what distinguishes “stand-alone” from “climax.” What I hope for then is an anniversary issue that isn’t bloated and relies more on good storytelling than shock, gimmicks, major deaths and nothing-will-ever-be-the-same nonsense. And nothing to do with Doc Ock or Norman while we’re at it.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Given that a few years ago I was pretty convinced that ASM 900 would be an engagement issue, this doesn't grab me. But I'm kind of out on ASM right now. I might catch it on Marvel Unlimited in a few months.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    The person above you just said 600 was a stand-alone
    It wasn't. Slott has always maintained that 600 was set up for issue 700 and Superior.

Astonishing Member

It wasn't. Slott has always maintained that 600 was set up for issue 700 and Superior.
    But then if it’s set-up, it’s not a climax. And what about 300?

Astonishing Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nv2IsJV0NBw

Looks like Sal didn't enjoy 900, as he said Ed Mcguinness has too many inkers that made the art suffered and didn't like it, even the story elements, no spoilers he mentioned. He did mentioned that Dan Slott other book is a sign that Marvel might not have faith in Zeb Wells. Its around the last quarter of the video if you skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

Looks like Sal didn't enjoy 900, as he said Ed Mcguinness has too many inkers that made the art suffered and didn't like it, even the story elements, no spoilers he mentioned. He did mentioned that Dan Slott other book is a sign that Marvel might not have faith in Zeb Wells. Its around the last quarter of the video if you skip.
    Timestamps: 1:21:49 for a general Wells ASM opinion, 1:22:15 for the new issue, 1:25:00 for them talking about Slott.
    Last edited by Rift; 07-25-2022 at 04:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Timestamps: 1:21:49 for a general Wells ASM opinion, 1:22:15 for the new issue, 1:25:00 for them talking about Slott.
    Thanks alot, I guess when I posted this, it was still live, so its hard to tell which time stamp.

My first thought looking at the credits page in the preview was 'why does Ed McGuinness have like 4 inkers, and 2 colorists?'

To me it just rings once again of poor planning and time management by way of editorial, anniversary issues are a big deal so plan accordingly so it doesn't look like a mess when it comes out rushed/inconsistent inked by 4 people.

Astonishing Member

I got an advance copy (don’t send me PMs asking for spoilers). I thought it was so-so personally. I’ll give my full thoughts after it’s released. All I’ll say is it doesn’t do anything bad to the character… my issue is more with story mechanics, bad dialogue, etc.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Which character Peter or MJ?

Which also is sad with how well the first 5 were for the Tombstone stuff and the first arc and entire of Beyond was to get to 900 and now it's wasted. Depending on how other people feel about it. Just hope they fix the supporting casts current issues and put the "toys" back as they were soon
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 07-25-2022 at 05:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    Which character Peter or MJ?

Sorry but I won’t answer any follow ups, no matter how minor. I think you’ll see what I mean when it’s released though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post

Wow, they were not enthused. He said he didn't even bother with the one backup after reading the main story.

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TinkerSpider View Post
    Wow, they were not enthused. He said he didn't even bother with the one backup after reading the main story.
    There were 2. So he didn't even check both of them lol
    Last edited by Mercwmouth12; 07-25-2022 at 05:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

I guess they're putting all the effort in Amazing Fantasy 1000

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

"Fun" doesn't mean a good time.

Marvel movies are "fun" but are objectively cringe and terrible.
    That's literally what fun means...