Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Film Franchises that CHANGED big time?

Thor (2011) : Mix of Kirby and Shakespeare
    Love and Thunder : Quirky New Zealand comedy

Fast and Furious : Original - FBI guy investigates street racers. Latest - street racers are now secret agents, two of them flying cars into space.

Death Wish. Original - Bronson sickened by his own vigilante actions. Death Wish V - Only too happy to return for Death Wish 6

Others?

Police academy-R rated rouncy comedy full of curse words and naked woman.

Police academy 7-PG kids film.

Monchies-Horror comedy gremlins rip-off with little monsters killing people.

Munchie 3-Preschool film!

House-Strap in!

1-R rated horror comedy with a mystery.

House 2-kids film! (with the out of place hanging scene at the start)

House 3-Gory not much comedy horror film with a super gory uncut version.

House 4- ghost love story and bit of a haunted house film. Tamer then the last one.

The detective-cop drama murder mystery.

Die hard 5-action series with tons of stunts and explosions.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-21-2022 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyO'Brien View Post

Fast and Furious : Original - FBI guy investigates street racers. Latest - street racers are now secret agents, two of them flying cars into space.

Death Wish. Original - Bronson sickened by his own vigilante actions. Death Wish V - Only too happy to return for Death Wish 6

Others?
    What is a Quirky New Zealand comedy?

Also House 2 is not a kids movie....

House 2 had a wise cracking grandpa west cowboy, a jones adventurer complete with full jones like action scene out of nowhere, two goofy teen like leads, two cutesy animal puppet sidekicks and even a marvel comics aimed at kids with ads aimed at kids in the comics.

Heck the comic ad poster showed the cutesy puppets front and center over the scarier vhs cover with the hand from the first film.

Heck i watched it as a kid.
    Kids movie or not they aimed some of the ads at families!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    What is a Quirky New Zealand comedy?

Also House 2 is not a kids movie....
    Sione's Wedding is a quirky comedy.

But I'd say Love And Thunder is a result of letting a kiwi make a film here in Australia. We do quirky all the time.

Astonishing Member

Others?
    Highlander. A purely fantasy film in the first was followed by a sci-fi mess in the second.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Robocop *sob*
    Predator *sniff*

Astonishing Member

Others?
    Deathwish didnt change, Casey just evolved from hating his "job" to enjoying his "job". He felt a lot better after accepting what he became. The character changed, not the movie.

My take: Batman Tim Burton to whatever came after that.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Deathwish didnt change, Casey just evolved from hating his "job" to enjoying his "job". He felt a lot better after accepting what he became. The character changed, not the movie.

My take: Batman Tim Burton to whatever came after that.
    Consider me surprised... you did Not mention how boring Dune became. At least you like Conan as well.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Fast and Furious...first film was a huge utterly shameless Point Break ripoff (someone should have sued), then the sequels managed to make a big change to mediocre non-Point Break-ripoffs
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 07-22-2022 at 06:53 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Consider me surprised... you did Not mention how boring Dune became. At least you like Conan as well.
    Excuse me, I don't get what you are trying to say. Why are you surprised? And I don't get the Dune comment.

Its on me, but help me with that.

Here's one you probably wouldn't expect- A Nightmare on Elm Street.

A Nightmare on Elm Street- burned child killer Freddy Krueger, years after he was killed, stalks the children of the people who killed him in their dreams.

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare- a live action Looney Toons film, complete with the Power Glove, Freddy backing in a bed of nails and wiping his brow while looking at the audience, and pointless 3-D.

You could say the same with Friday the 13th- first film was a straight horror film; Jason X was a sci-fi/horror/comedy.

Childs play also. First was scarier than it got more comedy like with each film and bride and seed was jokes galore with the kills.

By the way i like the jokey freddy more.

Ultimate Member

First Blood to Rambo.

The first movie was about a mentally troubled vet that went on a rampage in a small town.

Subsequent movies, said vet turns into a superhero that destroys entire armies.
    Last edited by Username taken; 07-22-2022 at 07:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Fast and Furious...first film was a huge utterly shameless Point Break ripoff (someone should have sued), then the sequels managed to make a big change to mediocre non-Point Break-ripoffs

Outside of Tokyo Drift the most radical change was probably in 5, which made the whole thing an ensemble.

Think Bond has certainly changed over the years. The first two were fairly straightforward adaptations of the Fleming novels, with some differences (For instance Dr.No doesn't die in seabird poop in the movie, and Bond actually does get stuck by the poisoned shoe blade). Starting with GOLDFINGER though the series became much more reliant on gadgets, stunts, and big set pieces.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 07-22-2022 at 12:52 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth