Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Speaking of Bond. I think the Daniel Craig movies took a turn from the previous ones.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Home Alone 1 and 2 with Macaulay Culkin were great and funny comedy movies.

Home Alone 3 without Macaulay Culkin was one of the worst movies I ever watched.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Speaking of Bond. I think the Daniel Craig movies took a turn from the previous ones.
    Tracking what Bond Films are over time is like reading the EKG of someone being asked to sprint a mile and then sit and read The Christian Science Monitor for half an hour at irregular intervals.

Ocassionally when the series goes a bit too far there's usually an attempt to put Bond "Back to basics". For Your Eyes Only, for example, came right after Moonraker; the Dalton films are kind of a reaction to the whole Moore era and Craig's era against the excess of Brosnan's, especially "Die Another Day".

This sometimes goes in the opposite direction-the first two Roger Moore films are fairly low-key in that there's really no world-ending stakes, just the villains having monopolies on drugs and solar power. Then "Spy Who Loved Me" comes out with a megalomaniac trying to destroy the surface world so people would migrate to his underwater city. "Goldeneye" could also be seen as a return to that after "Licence to kill"
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Triple XXX. The first was a bit "Anti James Bond movie."
    Then the second was more an action comedy.

Jeepers Creepers. I feel the first one was a horror movie with the monster doing things for a specific reason. It played the music and he showed up.
    While the second and later was more a simple monster movie with him killing things.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    Home Alone 1 and 2 with Macaulay Culkin were great and funny comedy movies.

Home Alone 3 without Macaulay Culkin was one of the worst movies I ever watched.
    It wasn't very good but one of the worst movies you've ever seen? No offense but I don't think you've seen very meny movies. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    House 2 had a wise cracking grandpa west cowboy, a jones adventurer complete with full jones like action scene out of nowhere, two goofy teen like leads, two cutesy animal puppet sidekicks and even a marvel comics aimed at kids with ads aimed at kids in the comics.

Heck the comic ad poster showed the cutesy puppets front and center over the scarier vhs cover with the hand from the first film.

Heck i watched it as a kid.
    Kids movie or not they aimed some of the ads at families!
    Its all over the place in tone but I never considered it a kids movie I mean it has a killer zombie cowboy a sexy slave girl a human sacrifice etc

Astonishing Member

No one mentioning The Matrix and Matrix Resurrections?

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Halloween films, Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th

basically most horror franchises tend to take a hard right turn.

oh and also Alien

What did you think of 4, 5, and 6?

Its all over the place in tone but I never considered it a kids movie I mean it has a killer zombie cowboy a sexy slave girl a human sacrifice etc
    Would "family" be a better word. Gremlins had deaths and killings and was in kids clamshell cases in the kids sections of wal-mart years ago. Cities of gold had people trying to human sacrifice kids complete with a kid inches from getting his head cut off with a axe with curse words, blood and death and it aired on nick every afternoon! Sheena was promoted as a kids movie and had a naked woman. Baby secret of the lost legend, clash of the titans and red sonja had naked woman also had been marketed towards kids and disney and paramount's dragonslayer had a naked girl in it and it's disney! R films like commando had kids bed sheets and toys.

Making contact was aimed at kids with a dad's death, killer dummy and a knife tossed at the mom! Goonies and bad news bears cursed like sailors! Do i need to bring up PG poltergeist and watership down?

Welcome to the 80s. Family films had a edge!
    Last edited by Gaastra; 07-23-2022 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    What did you think of 4, 5, and 6?

!
    I have not watched those Home Alone sequels 4, 5, and 6.

The Evil Dead movies. First one was purely horror. Second one was a comedy horror, third was a horror comedy. The remake seemed to go back to pure horror.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Here's one you probably wouldn't expect- A Nightmare on Elm Street.

A Nightmare on Elm Street- burned child killer Freddy Krueger, years after he was killed, stalks the children of the people who killed him in their dreams.

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare- a live action Looney Toons film, complete with the Power Glove, Freddy backing in a bed of nails and wiping his brow while looking at the audience, and pointless 3-D.

You could say the same with Friday the 13th- first film was a straight horror film; Jason X was a sci-fi/horror/comedy.
    Agree with all of this. Though Friday the 13th dove into comedy by the third film.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

There has to be a special mention of any franchise that starts as an R rated movie, but somehow spawns a Saturday morning cartoon.

https://www.cracked.com/article_3006...-cartoons.html

Rambo
    Robocop
    Police Academy
    Attack of the Killer Tomatoes
    The Toxic Avenger

Gotta go with the Alien franchise.

Each movie is really, really, REALLY different from the others. (not counting those nonsense Scott have committed since 2012)

I have not watched those Home Alone sequels 4, 5, and 6.
    Your lucky.