Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, the movie looks really bad, IMHO, but I might borrow the DVD from the library to see how the other characters fare.
    I think it looks fun. We're not the target audience. It's for kids, so I hope it lands with the target demographic.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think it looks fun. We're not the target audience. It's for kids, so I hope it lands with the target demographic.
    I think it looks fun too.

I also hope it lands with the target audience.

If we don't land the toddlers, then we won't land the teenagers!

BANNED

I think we may be misinterpreting the solicit text. It reads "But all hope is not lost, as the worlds without a Justice League have begun to loosen their grip…but can the heroes return to Earth if it means one member of the Justice League could be lost forever?"

This implies two things: someone deciding to stay behind and this someone being "lost forever," not dying.

I think this will be the situation: a story contrivance will require someone to remain behind in one of the "Worlds Without A Justice League" so that the others can return to fight Pariah. This character will not be seen dying as much as fading away or simply watching the others depart.

We know this won't be Hal or Barry as both are featured in solicits for later issues of DCOIE and related books. We also know it won't be Wonder Woman, Superman, or Batman.

That leaves Ollie. He doesn't have a book right now, his CW show has been gone for a while, he was (seemingly) killed already by Doomsday.

He remains behind, the others go and promise never to forget him. DC being DC, we get a new Green Arrow series featuring a token/woke replacement (pick your poison) that will last around eight or nine issues before being canceled.

Barry and Hal, meanwhile, will go on a quest to find Ollie down the road at some point and will bring him back. He'll then return, make appearances here and there, and then go back to being ultimately ignored since he's a straight, white male.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I think it looks fun too.

I also hope it lands with the target audience.

If we don't land the toddlers, then we won't land the teenagers!
    It's a smart move in a long-game sense. The real dividends won't pay off for years.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

I was wondering why Ollie keeps getting killed (or threatening to get killed) by Doomsday. Doomsday nearly killed him in INFINITE CRISIS (but he was saved by the intervention of Kal-L and Kal-El). Doomsday "killed" him again before this current DARK CRISIS. I thought Doomsday nailed him in JLA: THE NAIL too, but I checked, and it was Amazo that time.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Its got to be Hal, it’s extremely close to the 30th anniversary of emerald twilight and i still think Hal was killed by convergence Parallax ( everything has been weird in GL since then). It doesnt make sense to start a new GL series, destroy the corps and yet Hal was still around but awol
    When did Convergence Parallax meet New 52 Hal Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    I was wondering why Ollie keeps getting killed (or threatening to get killed) by Doomsday. Doomsday nearly killed him in INFINITE CRISIS (but he was saved by the intervention of Kal-L and Kal-El). Doomsday "killed" him again before this current DARK CRISIS. I thought Doomsday nailed him in JLA: THE NAIL too, but I checked, and it was Amazo that time.

Beloved street hero without Batman's plot armor.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    What do you think I would say if I was being "honest"?
    Perhaps being more upfront about the disingenuous nature of your argument. When you said these characters are your grandfather's superheroes and they should be JSA-ed, you meant these were white men created 60 years ago and as non A-list types on the Trinity's level, there can be no place for them being featured prominently as core JL members in this day and age. Then you gave the League of Super-Pets roster as an example and mentioned that "change is the only constant in life" to prove your point. Hence all of this is about little more than race to you and instead of being upfront about it you tried to talk about the era they hail from, in spite of many characters, some of which you brought up yourself, hailing from the same era and still being featured as major flagship heroes today. I think you would've said that if you were being honest, instead you attempted to manipulate the discussion in your favor when you knew that "They are relics from an old era" is a non-argument that had no merit given all the current prominent characters created in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    When did Convergence Parallax meet New 52 Hal Jordan?
    Green Lantern v5 #50

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    I think that 2020 to 2030 is going to be the worst decade in DC comics history.
    I think it already is. This is the quintessential example of be careful what you wish for. So many wanted Didio gone for so long, and he's finally fired, only for the new blood to take a flamethrower to the line in just one calendar year.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-24-2022 at 12:39 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think it already is. I mean look what Didio's replacements have done to the line in just one year.
    Well, there were other factors involved, like COVID, the economy, etc.

All that stuff impacted sales, but I'm talking also from a pure creativity and storytelling standpoint. I'm not saying I have no sympathy for the unique societal upheaval and it's effects on collaboration and stuff, but they did manage to have a plan mapped out with IF. It was just really, really, really bad. Now with things calming down, their next bold move is to copy COIE. I've just seen nothing of substance from these people overall.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-24-2022 at 02:12 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Fair. Still, I guess I was hoping for a movie with more of the comic characters and less of the originals, if that makes any sense. Still, as fan of Jessica Cruz, nice to see her getting more mainstream representation and I do really like what we're seeing of Krypto as the ultra-serious hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Perhaps being more upfront about the disingenuous nature of your argument. When you said these characters are your grandfather's superheroes and they should be JSA-ed, you meant these were white men created 60 years ago and as non A-list types on the Trinity's level, there can be no place for them being featured prominently as core JL members in this day and age. Then you gave the League of Super-Pets roster as an example and mentioned that "change is the only constant in life" to prove your point. Hence all of this is about little more than race to you and instead of being upfront about it you tried to talk about the era they hail from, in spite of many characters, some of which you brought up yourself, hailing from the same era and still being featured as major flagship heroes today. I think you would've said that if you were being honest, instead you attempted to manipulate the discussion in your favor when you knew that "They are relics from an old era" is a non-argument that had no merit given all the current prominent characters created in that era.
    Could we please let the "DC hates Hal" thing go? We've exhausted anything there ever was to talk about a long time ago.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

I will attempt to be more forthright.

Most of DC's heroes are products from an earlier time.

Many of the JLA are our grandfather's heroes

Most of the JSA are our great-grandfather's heroes...and especially the Trinity!

The Trinity Is NOT Going Anywhere...AND We All Know This.

Other heroes Do Not have the protection that the Trinity enjoy.

Times have changed. DC must change with the times.

When you said these characters are your grandfather's superheroes and they should be JSA-ed, you meant these were white men created 60 years ago and as non A-list types on the Trinity's level, there can be no place for them being featured prominently as core JL members in this day and age. ...
    Hence all of this is about little more than race to you and instead of being upfront about it you tried to talk about the era they hail from, in spite of many characters, some of which you brought up yourself, hailing from the same era and still being featured as major flagship heroes today.
    So, this is about race, specifically white? and not gender? or religion? or LGBTQ+? or socioeconomic status?

I just want to be certain that I understand the underlying cause of your reaction to my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Fair. Still, I guess I was hoping for a movie with more of the comic characters and less of the originals, if that makes any sense. Still, as fan of Jessica Cruz, nice to see her getting more mainstream representation and I do really like what we're seeing of Krypto as the ultra-serious hero.

Could we please let the "DC hates Hal" thing go? We've exhausted anything there ever was to talk about a long time ago.
    I only wish they didn't **** with Jessica Cruz's stellar design. She looks terrible in the movie and she has no reason to. Change for change's sake.
    May we never forget: