Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would make so many people hate Ollie .
    More than normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Believe me, you're preaching to the choir. I get what you mean and would love to do that as long as DC stops blatantly giving us reasons to continue.
    As someone who's a Cassandra Cain fan (and familiar with TMNT), I know what it's like when the Powers That Be hate a character, so, believe you me, DC does not hate Hal.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Not readind the entire thread, but my money is in Hal dying, the ironic part is calling him a member of the Justice League when he isn't even allowed in the book.

Why do I think is Hal dying? Because there is a ton of other Lanterns and a few of them can fit in the diversity spot DC needs. The truth is, the Green Lantern Corps have name recognition, a whole mythology to call their own and tons of substitures ready to take over whenever one of them dies. DC doesn't have to kill Hal to give the spotlight to other Laterns, but they have to kill someone the readers care about to give a sense of importance to their latest Crisis.

So Hal is dying next, because he is a famous character, have a lot of fans and half a dozen potential substitutes just waiting to get his "job". The best Hal Jordan fans can hope for is a good death like Barry got in the original crisis and not go down like a lousy villain like he did in 90s.

Your logic makes sense but I really hope you're wrong. I feel like Hal has been the go-to member of the Justice League when it comes to getting the shaft for diversity's sake. Don't get me wrong, I love John, Jessica, and Kyle but with the exception of the New 52 when they replaced Martian Manhunter with Cyborg, it's usually Hal that gets swapped out for a more diverse character even though Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Flash all have members of their extended families that offer diversity as well. It would be nice to see Steel, Nubia, Batwoman, Bat-wing, or Mera get an extended stay on the League.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Fantastic Member Mutatis_Mutandis's Avatar

The best Hal Jordan fans can hope for is a good death like Barry got in the original crisis and not go down like a lousy villain like he did in 90s.
    Under Williamson's pen, in what is likely to be the most underwhelming and lackluster Crisis event ever written? What purpose would it serve other than giving this event some sort of "stakes" - something this event has completely failed to develop or build up until this point? Lol, not getting my hopes up.
    Last edited by Mutatis_Mutandis; 07-26-2022 at 09:35 AM.

BANNED

Post deleted
    Last edited by Kirk Brent; 07-26-2022 at 11:23 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Green Lantern v5 #50
    Went back and re-read the issue. I don't see any indication that Parallax killed Hal. Am I missing something?

Fantastic Member

Not readind the entire thread, but my money is in Hal dying, the ironic part is calling him a member of the Justice League when he isn't even allowed in the book.

Why do I think is Hal dying? Because there is a ton of other Lanterns and a few of them can fit in the diversity spot DC needs. The truth is, the Green Lantern Corps have name recognition, a whole mythology to call their own and tons of substitures ready to take over whenever one of them dies. DC doesn't have to kill Hal to give the spotlight to other Laterns, but they have to kill someone the readers care about to give a sense of importance to their latest Crisis.

So Hal is dying next, because he is a famous character, have a lot of fans and half a dozen potential substitutes just waiting to get his "job". The best Hal Jordan fans can hope for is a good death like Barry got in the original crisis and not go down like a lousy villain like he did in 90s.
    Fear you are right, but I hope you are wrong.

--jthree

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Some credence to the theory it's Clark...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...edium=facebook

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

That would be very boring of them if it's Superman again
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Green Lantern v5 #50
    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Some credence to the theory it's Clark...

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-c...edium=facebook
    This turned out to be the announcement of The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special, which looks to be the best comic DC has put out in at least the last five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Brent View Post
    This turned out to be the announcement of The Death of Superman 30th Anniversary Special, which looks to be the best comic DC has put out in at least the last five years.
    Maybe you should wait until it's actually published and you've had a chance to read it before you proclaim that . . .

All-New Member

Future state Wonder Woman shows Diana with a Green Lantern ring around her neck. If Hal was to die would Diana ask the Guardians if she could keep his ring? Diana and Hal are friends but i dont think she is as close to Hal as she is with Batman And Superman, unless there is as of yet unknown history between Hal and Diana. She has been alive along time and its not impossible that Hal could be thrown back in time and meets a younger more cocky and hotheaded Diana.

Reading back over this thread now is pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Wasn't Supergirl and Barry Allen's death in the original COIE supposed to be permanent? Wasn't Superboy's death in Infinite Crisis supposed to be final? Wasn't Hal Jordan's trip to the dark side and death supposed to be permanent? Hmm. What is DC's track record in regards to this? Whatever DC is planning, I really hope they don't.

three
    Exactly. Crisis, Emerald Twilight/FINAL NIGHT, and OWAW all featured powerful, heroic, very well-rendered deaths that were subsequently reversed for no good reason and with no benefit or positive impact that justifies undercutting the original death. I think the only exception is the Death of Atemis and her return in Requiem. Perhaps unsurprisingly, those were handled by the same writer and used set up he planted throughout his run. But Barry? Supergirl? Hal? Hippolyte? They're here now yay but we've yet to see anything justifies the return or the sacrifice of their deaths. So now when I see this announcement I think it's only a matter of time before some future stunt brings whoever back. Hopefully it will have good art and something that isn't of the cockroach quality or the DiDio plotted Amazons Attack quality (Fecality!)

Quote Originally Posted by JThree View Post
    Wasn't Supergirl and Barry Allen's death in the original COIE supposed to be permanent?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Exactly. Crisis, Emerald Twilight/FINAL NIGHT, and OWAW all featured powerful, heroic, very well-rendered deaths that were subsequently reversed for no good reason and with no benefit or positive impact that justifies undercutting the original death.
    One quibble I'd have from that list is with Supergirl.

While DC brought back Barry and Hal with their previous histories (to some extent), Kara was re-introduced without her past as "Linda Lee" / later "Linda Lee Danvers". (Was her previous "death" ever reintroduced?)
    It was almost as if the post-CoIE Kara was a new (but somewhat familiar) character.