Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

My money is on Airwave.

Let's see.

Superman (Clark Kent): Could be, but I don't think they would replace him with Jonathan Kent, as he hasn't sold well. It's not implausible that they replace Clark with the Barak O Bama Superman (who is my fav Superman) if Warner Brothers is planning to go ahead with the Superman of African decent movie....but my odds aren't on Superman.

Batman: It would be economic suicide to kill Bruce Wayne as Batman is the only things that sells for DC these days....sadly (so he's out)

Wonder Woman: Possible, she's never died before. Could they replace her with Nubia? I'm not tapped into the world of Amazonians so someone else would be better to address this.

Green Lantern John Stewart: This is who I'm putting my money on. This takes place down the road so Gregory Thorne can still put out his new John Stewart series. His latest run didn't sell well, and DC were planning to kill him off before. Plus there are too many Green Lanterns, and he just got upgraded to god like status..... I can see them killing off John Stewart and putting Jo Mullein in as the new Justice League GL....they'd probably get some media headlines out of that.

Martian Manhunter: Could do, has he been killed before. I don't think it would be him, his death wouldn't rock the comic reader world.

Hawkgirl: (Kendra Saunders) Nah she's safe.

Aquaman: He hasn't been killed before, and DC has made some moves to try to make Jackson Hyde the premier Aquaman (though both attempts were sales bombs) but I wouldn't put it pass DC, still my money is not on him.

Green Arrow:
    He's already died once, so I think killing him again would be anti climatic and wouldn't create a buzz. That and the other Green Arrow/Speedy's don't sell, including my favourite Arsenal.

Black Canary: I hope not. I don't want to see Ollie go through hell, (Unless they find a really good writer and he goes all Mike Grell)

Zatanna: No, too much plans for her.

So my money is on John stewart for the reasons above

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Wonder Woman: Possible, she's never died before. Could they replace her with Nubia? I'm not tapped into the world of Amazonians so someone else would be better to address this
    Actually, she died very recently in the Death Metal event. She also died in Byrne's run in the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Actually, she died very recently in the Death Metal event. She also died in Byrne's run in the 90's.
    Ah well then, we can probably safely remove her from the equation.

Ollie is the safest bet, he was killed by Doomsday before being transported to the fantasy Earth, and he’s big enough that his death would get headlines but he doesn’t have a solo book. You’ve also got Connor’s return, with his dad dead once again DC could have him become Green Arrow once more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Refrax5 View Post
    Barry seems like he isn't coming back with the rest of the League on that #5 cover and they seem eager to give him the boot in favor of Wally, so I'm getting the feeling it's him because why not make this event even more unoriginal?
    Going from that cover with the casket, we can see them upset and Supes is crying so it seems like they're reacting to that death, rather than one of them possibly being the victim - and that's Barry, not Wally standing there. But who knows? They've lied on covers before.

Maybe its Supergirl.

I am actually leaning towards Aquaman because he has a movie coming out. And for some reason, it seems lately when a character has a movie coming out, they "die" in the comics. (and as I said, Barry's standing there)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-22-2022 at 12:14 AM.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Don't do it; someone is bound to regret it later on.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member

It's Ollie. There's a reason, why unlike the rest of JL he was really killed by Doomsday.

Looks like I called it. John Stewart is missing from the equation.

https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dark-c...me-revealed/#4

Though it could be Barry or Wally, but they've already been killed/scrubbed from existence once before.....my money is on John, that will create a lot of buzz.

Edit: but wait Aquaman isn't there either, but.....he's got a new mini series coming out, and some on the go, and a big budget movie coming out.
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 07-22-2022 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Going from that cover with the casket, we can see them upset and Supes is crying so it seems like they're reacting to that death, rather than one of them possibly being the victim - and that's Barry, not Wally standing there. But who knows? They've lied on covers before.

Maybe its Supergirl.

I am actually leaning towards Aquaman because he has a movie coming out. And for some reason, it seems lately when a character has a movie coming out, they "die" in the comics. (and as I said, Barry's standing there)
    It's just an almost exact recreation of the identity crisis cover

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ollie is the safest bet, he was killed by Doomsday before being transported to the fantasy Earth, and he’s big enough that his death would get headlines but he doesn’t have a solo book. You’ve also got Connor’s return, with his dad dead once again DC could have him become Green Arrow once more.
    I think Williamson also said or hinted that he will keep writing Connor after Robin ends? So Williamson repeating what was already done in the 90s would be very on brand for him.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's hard for me to imagine anyone really dying at this point.
    because they always come back . they should just put them in comas.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Well that fourth comic cover in the article where the League characters are all mourning, seems to be missing Aquaman, Green Lantern and Martian Manhunter. So maybe one of them?
    That one is just a homage to Identity Crisis.

Astonishing Member

I see everyone is as excited for this as I am.

I'll guess Martian Manhunter.

He's symbolic of the transition from the golden age to silver age...and the silver age is over.

And DC doesn't seem to know what to do with him...ever.

probably Green Lantern

also I remmeber when heroes use to win in comics
    The J-man