Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Christ this entire event is a repeat of Infinite Crisis, just because it happened before doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen again. For that reason Ollie makes the most sense to me. Big enough to get attention, small enough that you could keep him dead for a while.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Christ this entire event is a repeat of Infinite Crisis, just because it happened before doesn’t mean it wouldn’t happen again. For that reason Ollie makes the most sense to me. Big enough to get attention, small enough that you could keep him dead for a while.
    And he no longer has a TV series . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    The reasons for the fan reactions are entirely different. They're not gonna kill one of their few very notable black superheroes with any degree of permanence. Again, if the issue is "too many Green Lanterns," then, as someone mentioned below, there are far more likely candidates.

As for Ollie already having died, repeating plot points has never been a problem for DC in the past. I'm not convinced it'd be GA, but I'm certain it's not John.
    Well we'll agree to disagree....it's my best guess.....being endowed with god like powers would also make him the perfect hero to take on the evil entity and sacrifice himself to save the world......this is all conjecture though.

It may be the permanent death is overhyped and nothing notable happens. As for your reason of not killing him off.....well I'll just say Jo Mullein is waiting in the wings, and I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the Justice Leagues new GL down the road.

and as I stated before, I think there is going to be a few Green Lantern deaths in all of this when they go up against Pariah, and I think it is also plausible that a hero will have to sacrifice themselves to save the world from an entity powerful enough to hold the anti monitors decapitated head.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Maybe we'll luck out and they'll Nightwing like they should have in Infinite Crisis.

Why do you hate Nightwing?

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Every character is somebody's favorite character, so unless the character is nearly universally hated by both fans and writers/artists alike, killing off a character permanently is not a good idea for ongoing superhero comics.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

It's probably Ollie but they have killed him before.

But given how much of an afterthought she has been through this event, hasn't been killed off before and if she was, it would affect several major characters and they get away with it for a few months, I think it's probably Zatanna.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Well we'll agree to disagree....it's my best guess.....being endowed with god like powers would also make him the perfect hero to take on the evil entity and sacrifice himself to save the world......this is all conjecture though.

It may be the permanent death is overhyped and nothing notable happens. As for your reason of not killing him off.....well I'll just say Jo Mullein is waiting in the wings, and I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes the Justice Leagues new GL down the road.

and as I stated before, I think there is going to be a few Green Lantern deaths in all of this when they go up against Pariah, and I think it is also plausible that a hero will have to sacrifice themselves to save the world from an entity powerful enough to hold the anti monitors decapitated head.
    AND????

As Holt pointed out...
    They're not gonna kill one of their few very notable black superheroes with any degree of permanence.
    That is NOT Jo.

They don't want the backlash Marvel is heading to with T'Challa over taking out John Stewart.

DC would be smart to leave John alone and invest in him and let him settle into that second place spot of black related heroes behind Miles.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Maybe we'll luck out and they'll Nightwing like they should have in Infinite Crisis.
    I didn't know Dan Didio had an account here!
    Assassinate Putin!

I dont want to see Ollie die again.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Those bastards are finally killing the Yazz, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    AND????

As Holt pointed out...

That is NOT Jo.

They don't want the backlash Marvel is heading to with T'Challa over taking out John Stewart.

DC would be smart to leave John alone and invest in him and let him settle into that second place spot of black related heroes behind Miles.
    That's nice.

I've got my own theory on what's going to happen, and I'm curious to see if it plays out.

Nothing personal, I like the character, he wouldn't be my first choice to kill off in the JLA, but I just think that is what is going to happen. (Probably wrong but we'll see)

Personally I'm more curious as to which Green Lanterns are going to get offed in the big upcoming battle, as that will probably be more permanent, provided this takes place in current continuity of course.

It could be Hal. WB/Discovery/Zaslav may realize the only way forward with the GL franchise is to distance themselves as far as possible from the 2011 Green Lantern movie.

We’ve already seen an effort to once again make John Stewart the main Lantern. The recent Green Lantern animated movie even had Hal dying and John taking over. Over the past 10 years or so the animated movies have been a way for DC to test the water and introduce new characters, concepts, and status quos.

They build up Hal at the start of Dark Crisis so his death has more impact.

Geoff Johns no longer has that much sway at WB. He can’t protect Hal anymore.
    Last edited by Robotman; 07-22-2022 at 09:40 PM.

My money's on Barry Allen. It's the ultimate coup de gras of this creatively bankrupt staff.

Though I suppose Hal would be my number 2 guess.

And I'd hate both btw.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-22-2022 at 09:38 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    My money's on Barry Allen. It's the ultimate coup de gras of this creatively bankrupt staff.

Though I suppose Hal would be my number 2 guess.

And I'd hate both btw.
    I would honestly just bail on DC if they killed Barry. I feel like it's going to be Ollie and that his wounds at the hands of Doomsday will kill him if he returns to the real world.

I'm a little worried because the current regime seems like they just want to bring back the 90s and get Barry out of the way (Wally's even been Flash in their alt-u stuff lately), but I hope I'm wrong.

I don't think they'll kill Hal since he's still a fan favorite and the recent John Stewart GL series didn't exactly set the world on fire.

But my #1 guess is still Ollie.