Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Have done the suggested exercise?

Or even Google searched "PSI" or related principles?

If the answer is "No" how are you declaring it is "not a good explanation"?
    I know the comic. Where Cassie told her how can you get hurt by an arrow when you can take hits froom Doomsday. The explanation doesn't work. Because bullets hurt and pierce her, and they don't have the same type of surface area. Bullets are way bigger in that regard compared to an arrow or a needle. Yet they still pierce her. No to mention all the times we see her just fine by getting thrown around structures with sharp and pointed materials. Or when grenades explote and they don't harm her. The comic doesn't give an explanation to any of this. And that is just talking about WW V2. I am ralking about WW in general. Not just WW from V2 at the time of byrne run. That WW hasn't been canon since like 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    I know the comic. Where Cassie told her how can you get hurt by an arrow when you can take hits froom Doomsday. The explanation doesn't work. Because bullets hurt and pierce her, and they don't have the same type of surface area. Bullets are way bigger in that regard compared to an arrow or a needle. Yet they still pierce her. No to mention all the times we see her just fine by getting thrown around structures with sharp and pointed materials. Or when grenades explote and they don't harm her. The comic doesn't give an explanation to any of this. And that is just talking about WW V2. I am ralking about WW in general. Not just WW from V2 at the time of byrne run. That WW hasn't been canon since like 30 years ago.
    You say you know the comic. But your statements indicate you do not.

But it is very clear that you THINK you do.

That is why I suggested to the other poster that the only way that you will "get it" is to observe it thereby adding to the things you think you know.

But carry on! I will make like the Crime Syndicate and get some popcorn and be entertained

Shouldn't this all be in the power levels thread? It's just another work around on the same topic....

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    You say you know the comic. But your statements indicate you do not.

But it is very clear that you THINK you do.

That is why I suggested to the other poster that the only way that you will "get it" is to observe it thereby adding to the things you think you know.

But carry on! I will make like the Crime Syndicate and get some popcorn and be entertained
    Of course i know the comic. Secret files issue 1. Page 20. And it proves my point. They compare the surface of an arrow to a bullet. When they are not even close to be comparable. By the same logic of that comic. A bullet shouldn't pierce her. And did they explain why her body is not literally torn apart when she gets thrown around throu structures with sharp and pointed materials. Or when grenades explote and they don't harm her with all the tiny sharp pieces of the grenade? Did they explain any of that? No they didn't. Now that we covered V2 Byrne Era WW. What about all the rest in the character's history? Did they give an explanation Pre Crisis? New 52? Rebirth? No. They didn't explain anything.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Shouldn't this all be in the power levels thread? It's just another work around on the same topic....
    I mean, a lot of things should be on the power level thread, but apparently all threads are about power levels now because some people just can't help themselves.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    It wasn't a good enough explanation. Because they can't explain how her body is fine when she gets thrown around buldings, ships and other structures with steel beams and other pointed and sharp materials. Or when she can take grendade explosions unharmed. Not to mention everything else that has happened post WW V2. And specially now in a totally different era and origin for the character.
    Yeah, Deva Shooting her didn't actually hurt worse than Deva's other attacks.