There has been a lot of talk about the future of mutants lately. With the Ms. Marvel finale actually confirming that mutation is a thing in the MCU now, we can finally start getting excited about mutants finally showing up and making their presence felt. We don't know a lot about what form it'll take or how Marvel Studios will go about it. But a lot of people are already speculating. And I'm one of them.

As a result, I used this topic to create my first full-fledged fan theory. I've been working on it for a while now, long before the Ms. Marvel finale. But now with San Diego Comic Con, I felt like the time was right to share it. I do so knowing it's entirely possible that it'll be rendered moot by some major announcement from Marvel Studios. But I'd still like to share it to get a feel for what other X-Men fans think. I call it the Onslaught Theory. And while I doubt this is how things will actually play out, I think a scenario like this would get a lot of fans excited about the future of mutants and the MCU, as a whole. Enjoy!