Default Jim Lee - WBD has decided to abandon the Synderese

Not a surprise move by Zaslav/WBD but Jim Lee just confirmed it. The RS article showed how much bad blood there is between Snyder and WBD. Unfortunately for Cavill, he is tied at the hip to Snyder.

https://screenrant.com/dc-snydervers...-lee-response/

Despite the 4-hour cut’s success, WB and DC Films have chosen to abandon the SnyderVerse and rework the DCEU with titles like The Suicide Squad, Peacemaker, and the upcoming Black Adam. The Flash film (Ezra Miller controversy aside) is even poised to shelve the SnyderVerse timeline while benching Ben Affleck’s Batman and Henry Cavill’s Superman in favor of Michael Keaton, Batgirl, and Supergirl (not to mention Robert Pattinson's Caped Crusader, who stands apart from the DCEU).
    Last edited by Jeffrey2; 07-22-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Obviously the solution is to doxx everyone who works there until they are driven to suicide. /s/
    Assassinate Putin!

They said the same thing like day after Snyder Cut was released. Fact that they still need to "confirm" it years later tells a lot.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

It doesn't mean that Cavill himself is gone, just that they won't let Snyder near the franchise again with a ten foot pole.
    Assassinate Putin!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    It doesn't mean that Cavill himself is gone, just that they won't let Snyder near the franchise again with a ten foot pole.
    Yeah that's kind of misleading to assume that the actors are gone when they're still going forward with projects featuring other actors in the same projects.

It just means Snyder and his direction are gone, which are both positives.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

BANNED

I want everything that Zack Snyder had his slimy hands on to be ignored going forward. I know some people like him as a "filmmaker" (for some reason) but he is too cynical and nihilistic to make superhero films, especially starring DC heroes. WBD needs to move on entirely after Shazam and Aquabro 2 and rebuilding with a faithful version of Superman.

Yeah, this isn't surprising.

Glad this article alludes to the possibility of Cavill's return beyond and outside of the "Snyderverse". It's not "news" one way or the other, but I'm glad to see that possibility hasn't been completely dismissed just yet. I have been and remain in favor of the hypothetical Cavill soft-reboot.

That said, I also have been and remain in favor of the Snyder films. They're not "grimdark" and nihilistic, they're "hopepunk" and persevering. As Ursula K. LeGuin wrote, "there is a certain bleakness in finding hope, where one expected certainty."

But even that in mind, there's no denying the Snyder films appealed to a cult audience rather than a mainstream one. I absolutely think a more deliberately comic-booky Superman film, a "Thor Ragnarok" of Superman, would be a fun time and good for the character's rep, assuming they treat him right.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Sacha Calle's Supergirl costume has similarities to Cavill's Superman one. Surely there's some logic to that. I never thought he was gone for good unless he wanted to go.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It just shows how they had no idea in how to proceed with this shared universe.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Good. More standalone films.

So what else is new? Can we stop having arguments about this now? It's gotten tiresome.