Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I am over the whole nostalgia thing. I am going to skip this one. If it were Claremont giving the current status quo a go, then that would have been at least interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post

This is the best news ive heard all year. Xtreme xmen was a truly amazing comic and so much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    Thank God no Krakoa stuff.

I am happy about Sage being in the team. In my opinion she is a delicate character who needs a certain way of being written.
    Agreed. Shes terrible written in xforce

Astonishing Member

Very curious to see if Claremont uses this to finish building up or establishing his new big bad mutant psychic, Elias Bogan, at least enough so that other writers want to use him as an antagonist in the Krakoan era. I'm betting that's the big repercussion/implication this revival has for the current books....CC definitely had big plans to make him the next big thing as far as mutant antagonists go, but he never got the chance to flesh him out in time, so there's not really much of a character TO use, currently.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Very curious to see if Claremont uses this to finish building up or establishing his new big bad mutant psychic, Elias Bogan, at least enough so that other writers want to use him as an antagonist in the Krakoan era. I'm betting that's the big repercussion/implication this revival has for the current books....CC definitely had big plans to make him the next big thing as far as mutant antagonists go, but he never got the chance to flesh him out in time, so there's not really much of a character TO use, currently.
    That would be grand. He has ties to While XXM cast, some of the NM + likely Emma due to his pass relationship with the HFC. He would motivated to want to f$&@ over the mutants, abd he is definitely in the canp of self serving elitist villain. Wouldn’t mind seeing him return. Besides SK & CS I can’t think of any credible telepathic evil mutants on par w/ the upper echelon on earth.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    That would be grand. He has ties to While XXM cast, some of the NM + likely Emma due to his pass relationship with the HFC. He would motivated to want to f$&@ over the mutants, abd he is definitely in the canp of self serving elitist villain. Wouldn’t mind seeing him return. Besides SK & CS I can’t think of any credible telepathic evil mutants on par w/ the upper echelon on earth.
    Well I've been long hoping for Gamesmaster to make a return, especially given the last we saw of him, he only called off the Upstarts' game because Paige Guthrie successfully pitched him on a new 'contest'....as she challenged him to compete with the likes of Xavier, Emma, Magneto and other mutant leaders for the hearts and minds of the next generation of young mutants and try and be the one to get the most young mutants to gravitate towards his ideology or school of thought, instead of one of them.

Kinda ironic that it was that of all things that was the last story we saw him in, with no hint of him ever trying to 'woo' young mutants to his way of thinking in later stories. With the way Vita Ayala's New Mutants book has habitually pointed out the Krakoan leadership's failure to provide any real direction or sense of purpose for the youngest generations of mutants at the moment......like, that's a perfect set-up for him to finally come out of the shadows and make a play for influence over the younger Krakoans.

Ah well. I dream, I dream.

Co-signed, I really liked Claremont's build-up for him.

And generally speaking I'd like to see Vargas back as well. I believe he was killed by the Marauders in a flashback and he and his silky long hair are too good for that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Well I've been long hoping for Gamesmaster to make a return, especially given the last we saw of him, he only called off the Upstarts' game because Paige Guthrie successfully pitched him on a new 'contest'....as she challenged him to compete with the likes of Xavier, Emma, Magneto and other mutant leaders for the hearts and minds of the next generation of young mutants and try and be the one to get the most young mutants to gravitate towards his ideology or school of thought, instead of one of them.

Kinda ironic that it was that of all things that was the last story we saw him in, with no hint of him ever trying to 'woo' young mutants to his way of thinking in later stories. With the way Vita Ayala's New Mutants book has habitually pointed out the Krakoan leadership's failure to provide any real direction or sense of purpose for the youngest generations of mutants at the moment......like, that's a perfect set-up for him to finally come out of the shadows and make a play for influence over the younger Krakoans.

Ah well. I dream, I dream.
    Wasn't he in that X-23/Wolverine series at some point ?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Hope Larroca keeps that same energy for the interiors.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    This looks really good but I must say I'm a bit disappointed that this isn't set in the present. I would love to read Claremont's take on the current Krakoa status quo. He was definitely asking fans for info on Krakoa a few months ago on Facebook, so either that project ended up not being approved, or perhaps it's something that's happening at a later date. It does make you wonder when the solicit mentions ramifications in the present day though...
    I’m sure if he had something to say about Krakoa’ era, it would have been very Claremontian and very personal, so I’m not sure it would have fit with the rest.

Claremont is both an idealist and a revolutionary: his X-men have always been misfits, do-gooders, not the kind to serve institutions and Krakoa is an institution.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

This is great, although I'm not very excited, why a story set in the past, which is not really going to affect continuity at all, seems to me a great disrespect for someone like CLAREMONT.

Now what time will it be????
    I see Rachel, does that mean that Rogue will be depowered?????
    when Rachel appeared it was the stage where Rogue had no powers, if so maybe I'll skip the book, because although Chris wrote great stories of Rogue and before storm without powers, the truth is I was a little sick of seeing Rogue without.
    powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    This is great, although I'm not very excited, why a story set in the past, which is not really going to affect continuity at all, seems to me a great disrespect for someone like CLAREMONT.

Now what time will it be????
    I see Rachel, does that mean that Rogue will be depowered?????
    when Rachel appeared it was the stage where Rogue had no powers, if so maybe I'll skip the book, because although Chris wrote great stories of Rogue and before storm without powers, the truth is I was a little sick of seeing Rogue without.
    powers.
    Gambit did get his powers back in the last issue of XXM so I immediately assumed Rogue got hers back. But then I went and checked.

It seems open ended. I know she had her powers in Austen's Run which is the very next issue Rogue appeared in but I guess CC could have her powered or depowered. I'm going to out on a limb and say she will be powered or at least get her powers back. As for the book having no affect on current continuity the solicits says it will have some consequences on charaters but hey..

So sad that a depowered Claremont Gambit would probably wipe the floor with Krakoa Gambit. It is like reading two completely different characters when it comes to skill and intelligence.

Also, one thought I had from a continuity perspective would be if resurrected Gambit was based on X-treme X-men Gambit. Rachel is on his current team and was around during X-treme so maybe rather than a multiversal Gambit, she would be able to use her powers to bring back a version of Gambit she was most familiar with. Or maybe something that happens in this particular X-treme mission provides a means to resurrect this version of Gambit.
    Last edited by remydat; 07-26-2022 at 03:33 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Romy134 View Post
    Gambit did get his powers back in the last issue of XXM so I immediately assumed Rogue got hers back. But then I went and checked.

It seems open ended. I know she had her powers in Austen's Run which is the very next issue Rogue appeared in but I guess CC could have her powered or depowered. I'm going to out on a limb and say she will be powered or at least get her powers back. As for the book having no affect on current continuity the solicits says it will have some consequences on charaters but hey..
    I hope you're right, but how could it have relevance to the present, Rogue's biological past (make her genetically related to Selene) and Remy?
    the Omega state by some of.
    Rogue's powers of absorption (accumulation of powers or taking of vital energy etc...) which is something that is obvious but still not confirmed.

Or that Vargas is alive?
    Which I think is what might interest me the most.
    because shaitan I hate him with all my might, he is a very generic enemy that I don't know why CLAREMONT liked him so much, especially since he had created enemies a thousand times more charismatic as in the case of Vargas.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Wasn't he in that X-23/Wolverine series at some point ?
    Was he? I must have missed that one, as far as I know he hasn't made an appearance since the 90s but I could be wrong. Either way though I think he's definitely (post-90s) never been made super relevant or invested in mutant politics to the degree I'd like to see from a character as powerful and ambitious as he is.