Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Zeb has been confirmed!

Surprised to see this isn’t a crossover with Duggan because his new team seems BUILT for this crossover. You got the 2 Amazing Friends, and Jean, Scott, Havok, and Magik all have a connection to Madelyne.

Here’s the article confirming Zeb: https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...gman-sdcc-2022

Quote Originally Posted by Aeon View Post
    I am all in for a redeemed Madelyn, she has been fucked over more than enough and she deserves a better ending for what she has gone through.
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Surprised to see this isn’t a crossover with Duggan because his new team seems BUILT for this crossover. You got the 2 Amazing Friends, and Jean, Scott, Havok, and Magik all have a connection to Madelyne.
    I’m sure Duggan will be touching upon it, but between Judgment Day, Children of the Vault, and this secret plot he’s very proud of—it could be the tie-in to this, actually—he seems to have his plate full for year 2.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Wells really did a number on Ben Reilly over in ASM. So why try to fix it when you double down on it instead. Add to that the way he has handled MJ so far and there is zero reason to touch Dark Web for me.

Wells and the X part of marvel was a hit. He is not faring so well in the Spider-man part.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi View Post
    Wells really did a number on Ben Reilly over in ASM. So why try to fix it when you double down on it instead. Add to that the way he has handled MJ so far and there is zero reason to touch Dark Web for me.

Wells and the X part of marvel was a hit. He is not faring so well in the Spider-man part.
    Sadly, yeah, and considering this was the same guy who thought the best thing to do with the Lizard was turn him into the kind of monster that would murder and eat his own child . . . I can relate. However, I am cosigning those who hope this will lead to redemption for Madelyne down the line, as she has been rather unfairly screwed over, and as Jackaraow (hope I got your name right) put it, she is Cable's (real) mother, so Cable could stand to make an appearance as well. Not to mention, in light of how he said to himself in Avengers: X-Sanction that Spider-Man would someday be remembered as the greatest hero of this era, even above the likes of Captain America (and Iron Man), it would be great to see him interact with Spidey in this, too. And yes, as much of a longshot as it would appear to be at this point, I can still faintly hope for Ben Reilly's redemption down the line, too, as he also got a raw deal.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    So I guess that wasn't MJ's blood that Moira was washing off after the Hellfire Gala
    I wonder, imagine if the cover is bait, MJ did get killed there and Wells is gonna show it in detail in ASM#9 vol 6 just to have a chance to do so lol.

I don't actually believe this is gonna be the case but, man... Fact that Gala ended in that cliffhanger about her is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Sadly, yeah, and considering this was the same guy who thought the best thing to do with the Lizard was turn him into the kind of monster that would murder and eat his own child . . . I can relate. However, I am cosigning those who hope this will lead to redemption for Madelyne down the line, as she has been rather unfairly screwed over, and as Jackaraow (hope I got your name right) put it, she is Cable's (real) mother, so Cable could stand to make an appearance as well.
    She's Cable's biological mother, wouldn't say she's his "real" mother considering her lack of interest in raising him after she went evil, wasn't she planning to sacrifice him to some demons too?

Not to mention, in light of how he said to himself in Avengers: X-Sanction that Spider-Man would someday be remembered as the greatest hero of this era, even above the likes of Captain America (and Iron Man), it would be great to see him interact with Spidey in this, too. And yes, as much of a longshot as it would appear to be at this point, I can still faintly hope for Ben Reilly's redemption down the line, too, as he also got a raw deal.
    It'll be seriously obnoxious if all they do with Ben is destroy his character only to bring it back, to then destroy it again.

Anyways, I was actually considering to check this out, but MJ being in this makes me consider against it, Wells as a writer with MJ being there is not a good sign for her...
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

We've gotta stop balming Wells, the big decisions like what happens to characters like MJ and Ben are handled by editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    We've gotta stop balming Wells, the big decisions like what happens to characters like MJ and Ben are handled by editorial.
    While it's vague how much blame Wells can take for the quality of ASM right now, the crap treatment MJ is getting is his usual.

The guy just doesn't seem to like MJ, and Venom: Dark Origin#4 has a great example of this:

For no reason whatsoever, he decided to include a scene that makes MJ sound like someone who would ask Peter to stop being Spider-Man, and the reason why she doesn't do so is because she knows Spidey would never choose her... And that's a classic cliché of a writer who doesn't like MJ and tries to make her look bad, someone who would do such an ultimatum, when she's actually fine with Peter being Spider-Man, and it's even something she admires about him, she only doesn't like it when the Spider-Man side interferes too much in their lives, and considering at least once Spidey asks to move to somewhere else because he thinks stuff could get dangerous, she's understandably annoyed when he thinks their lives is only about him.

So point is, Wells, in a story about Venom, randomly included a scene that shits on MJ, just because, and he has done stuff like that enough times (Even Beyond has subtle underminings of MJ when he's writing, and she's with Spidey at the time), when it's so consistent, I'd find it hard to believe that this isn't him doing it just because he can.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 07-22-2022 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Hmmm….. if it’s just Scott Jean and Bobby representing the X-men, I think I’ll pass on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Hmmm….. if it’s just Scott Jean and Bobby representing the X-men, I think I’ll pass on this one.
    Firestar and Magik are on the promo image as well.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Did the Spider-Man issue that spun out of the Hellfire Gala happen yet?
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    she is Cable's (real) mother
    Jean was the one that raised him. Don't get me wrong, I want to see Maddie and Cable reconnect, but Jean is the one that actually raised him and is as much his mother as Madelyne.

Incredible Member

What I can't figure out is just what Madelyn have to with any of this. Because she's a Clone?!?

Spare Me Please............

All I know is that Wells, whose writing I love, better be fixing to redeem Madelyne and allow Jean to be an instrumental figure in her redemption.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Looks cool. As always, hoping Cable shows up. It’s his mother after all…

But even if he doesn’t, looks cool regardless.
    Maybe they'll kill Cable again, make Madelyne kill Cable in the beginning to establish how she doesnt give a f and how evil she is.

I think I saw a tweet saying that there will be a family reunion so at least theres hope that Cable and Maddie will meet
    Last edited by MkDiz; 07-23-2022 at 01:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    All I know is that Wells, whose writing I love, better be fixing to redeem Madelyne and allow Jean to be an instrumental figure in her redemption.
    To be honest, as far as I'v read Wells (New Mutants and Hellions), redemption is NOT one of his themes. He doesn't seem to care much that the villains regrets their actions.