Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Feels kind of weird that just two years ago the X-Men felt like their own separate continuity, and now we've got big crossovers with Avengers, Eternals and Spider-Man back to back.
    I feel very okay with it, I'm already reading the bulk of the X books, Spider-Man, Eternals and Venom (which looks like he may get a tie in issue or two).
    And the story itself looks like a lot of fun, bringing together what Wells was doing on Hellions and the current Spider-Man run (along with Beyond).
    Hopefully I'll be able to catch up on a lot of the titles I'm behind on before this drops, and it'll be nice to see what Beyond was leading to.
    They did? Krakao was being referenced in other non-xbooks pretty much right out gate. Heck the FF4 were literally in the first issue of HoX and X-MEN VS FF4 happened soon after. Never really felt like they weren't apart of Marvel U Hickman was just taking his time to build up the Xmen's new status quo.

Astonishing Member

I know nothing but I'm rooting for Maddie

Fantastic Member

I just want Madelyne to go away and. never come back but I DO LAUGH THAT SHE OUT EMMA'ed, Emma in SF by per Scott, taking him to new kinky heights.

But really wish this crossover would put an exclamation point on the character of Madelyne. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPlay25 View Post
    I just want Madelyne to go away and. never come back but I DO LAUGH THAT SHE OUT EMMA'ed, Emma in SF by per Scott, taking him to new kinky heights.

But really wish this crossover would put an exclamation point on the character of Madelyne. Ugh.
    But she just came back. LOL! It's going to be interesting to see how she's used in this because right now she's working alongside Magik, Karma, and Moonstar.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

So.. what happened with the New Mutants arc that brought Maddie back and had Magik basically give her Limbo and start her on a road to redemption. Making her a villain in this seems contrary to what just happened. I guess we’ll find out…

Eyy, this current new team is almost perfect for a Spidey+Maddie crossover, looking forward to it!

Excited for this. Hopefully Zeb delivers, his spidey run was a bit underwhelming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Are the Amazing Spider-man issues with Wolverine (Logan) part of Dark Web or a pre-cursor?
    I doubt it'll really be involved with Dark Web, it might be more like, a late tie-in to Gala.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Spider-Man's most popular clone is Kaine and he hasn't been seen in years. And Ben doesn't even act like Ben anymore, where as Madelyn is as much in-character as always.
    Yeah at this point Kaine is probably the most popular one, although, Ben's Scarlet Spider costume is the more recognizable one, given the number of video games it showed up in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    So.. what happened with the New Mutants arc that brought Maddie back and had Magik basically give her Limbo and start her on a road to redemption. Making her a villain in this seems contrary to what just happened. I guess we’ll find out…
    That arc is still going and I believe there's one more issue before it's wrapped up. We'll find out if Maddie will get to be ruler of Limbo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    is this new Halloween-themed character maybe evil/corrupted Mary Jane? It is about time that she gets some superpowers.
    More likely, it's Ben's erstwhile girlfriend Janine Godbe, who cut her hair shorter in the Beyond run, probably so the artists could distinguish her from Mary Jane.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Also is that's Spider Man's current costume ?
    It will be. The costume first appears in ASM #7-8 by Wells, given to him by Norman Osborn, who is for the moment still "cleansed" of his sins and trying to be a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
    No, it's most likely Janine Godbe, Ben Reilly's girlfriend. Marvel won't turn Mary Jane into a goblin villain.
    Probably, yeah. Marvel can do a hell of a lot to MJ, but even they won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    Eyy, this current new team is almost perfect for a Spidey+Maddie crossover, looking forward to it!
    Considering that The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly (Spider-Man's clone) is teaming up with Maddie in this event, it does seem like Spider-Man meeting Maddie will be in the cards.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    That arc is still going and I believe there's one more issue before it's wrapped up. We'll find out if Maddie will get to be ruler of Limbo.
    It’s obvious not just from her appearance in Dark Web, where she talks about her demon servants but from the solicitations of New Mutants 28.

As soon as Magik fixed her soulsword and takes control, she passes Limbo on to Madelyne.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have a feeling this will end up being a redemption story for Madelyne, which would be a pleasant surprise. ::fingers crossed::
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Probably, yeah. Marvel can do a hell of a lot to MJ, but even they won't do that.
    I wouldn't overtrust 'em that much.

Considering that The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly (Spider-Man's clone) is teaming up with Maddie in this event, it does seem like Spider-Man meeting Maddie will be in the cards.
    That's great, it means Spidey can finally have his revenge over being forced to kill a giant balloon of himself:

(ASM#313)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I have a feeling this will end up being a redemption story for Madelyne, which would be a pleasant surprise. ::fingers crossed::
    I'll laugh if this happens and Ben still stays as a villain... He might even whine again about how nobody helps him lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    They did? Krakao was being referenced in other non-xbooks pretty much right out gate. Heck the FF4 were literally in the first issue of HoX and X-MEN VS FF4 happened soon after. Never really felt like they weren't apart of Marvel U Hickman was just taking his time to build up the Xmen's new status quo.
    The X-Men also got caught up in Empyre and Jean helped save everyone's ass in King in Black.
    "Cable was right!"

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I wouldn't overtrust 'em that much.

That's great, it means Spidey can finally have his revenge over being forced to kill a giant balloon of himself:

(ASM#313)

I'll laugh if this happens and Ben still stays as a villain... He might even whine again about how nobody helps him lol.
    Point. Also, kind of funny that what made Ben likeable as a hero and character compared to Peter back during the earlier parts of the 90s Clone Saga was, clone or not, he at least kept or held his s*** together better than Peter was doing at the time, though given what Peter had just been through before the 90s Clone Saga kicked off . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The X-Men also got caught up in Empyre and Jean helped save everyone's ass in King in Black.
    "Now . . . let's see what makes you bleed." I won't lie, that moment from Jean got me hyped big time.
    The spider is always on the hunt.