Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

W/e Maddy just adopt a new child. Hellion is free.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Preview pgs.: Dark Web #1 Preview, @Community.CBR.com
    11/30 promo pc.: What You Need to Know for 'Dark Web' | Marvel
    Here's everything you need to know about 'Dark Web,' the upcoming crossover event that pits Spider-Man and the X-Men against Chasm and the Goblin Queen.

When it comes to clones, there are perhaps none more prominent in the Marvel Universe than Ben Reilly and Madelyne Pryor. The two classic characters have experienced a lot of injustice in their lives, and that’s driven them both to dark places on several occasions.

Now, they’re preparing to team up for the upcoming DARK WEB event, which will leave Spider-Man fighting for his very soul – literally! Here’s what you need to know before Pryor and Reilly lead the denizens of Limbo to New York City for a heaping helping of revenge. ...

ONE HELL OF A TEAM-UP

The first tease of Chasm and Goblin Queen’s team-up came in FREE COMIC BOOK DAY: SPIDER-MAN/VENOM (2022) #1, where the clones got up to some mischief together in New York City. The origins of their partnership were revealed in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2022) #14 by Zeb Wells, Ryan Stegman, Terry Dodson, Kyle Hotz, and Michael Dowling, where the two quickly discovered they’ve got quite a few similarities.

Together, Pryor and Reilly aim to launch an attack on New York City, with Chasm looking to steal Parker’s soul with help from Pryor. In their fight, they’ll be joined by Godbe, who has become the villainous Hallows’ Eve, and Eddie Brock, AKA Venom, with whom Pryor struck a deal so that he might get back to his son, Dylan Brock.

Making matters worse, the duo are catching Parker at a particularly rough time in his life. Following “Beyond,” Parker is in massive medical debt and has found himself isolated from many of his key friends and allies, including Watson. That means Spider-Man is going to be fighting to keep what’s left of his life against both his own clone and one of the Marvel Universe’s most dangerous villains – and the price for losing is his very soul.

*AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2022) #14 panel by Zeb Wells and Kyle Hotz*

BANNED

Same as over in the RotB thread, I thought these entries for them were nice finds: Comic Book / Dark Web - TV Tropes... w/SPOILERS warning!
    Dark Web is an upcoming comic book event from Marvel Comics, a 2022 Bat Family Crossover centered on Spider-Man that also draws on some plot threads from X-Men: The Krakoan Age. It takes place in Marvel's main continuity, the shared Marvel Universe.

At the conclusion of Spider-Man Beyond, Peter Parker's clone Ben Reilly was believed to have been killed...

— the now-rechristened Chasm has vowed to destroy his progenitor. To that end, Chasm has struck an alliance with another villainous clone: the recently resurrected Madelyne Pryor, a.k.a. the Goblin Queen and now the newly ascended Queen of Limbo, who has suffered very similar experiences with the Mutants...
    SoS has 1, 2.

+ Another, clean version of the reading order 'Checklist', w/o BC's watermark stamp:

Also, review links for last wk.'s main prelude: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #14, @ComicBookRoundUp.com
    And the previous 2, assoc. books, of interest: VENOM #13 & GOLD GOBLIN #1
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-02-2022 at 09:09 AM.

FYI, X-Men Monday has put out a call for questions for Gerry Duggan and Al Ewing for ‘Dark Web’.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2022/12/07/x-...-for-dark-web/

Accepting Questions About: Dark Web: X-Men, Venom, Dark Web in general

Deadline: Friday, December 9 @ Noon EST
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Didn't get to it last night as planned [but have heard good things], so hafta read this yet [sometime later today], but ooh... this is good to know - thanX!

BANNED

https://twitter.com/MarvelUnlimited/...78519976787986
    Marvel Unlimited
    @MarvelUnlimited
    Official

lately she's been dressing for revenge

you know Madelyne Pryor's ready for #DarkWeb...
    Last edited by PolarIceFire; 12-08-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Oh damn! A picture worth a thousand words.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Oh damn! A picture worth a thousand words.
    Yeah...Maddie seems a bit upset, lol!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yeah...Maddie seems a bit upset, lol!
    She's all, I am the REAL Phoenix! *Universe Explodes*
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    She's all, I am the REAL Phoenix! *Universe Explodes*
    Hahaha, yeah, you summed up her expression in a great way!

Also add, "And I expect a New Costume, too!"

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hahaha, yeah, you summed up her expression in a great way!

Also add, "And I expect a New Costume, too!"
    "I want a NEW costume damn it! Not this 70's Claremont piece of garbage!" *Gets handed the Hellfire Club outfit* "Ah...much better. Now THIS...this is the 70's I love! Wait...this isn't new!" *Blows up reality*

Note: I like Jean's costume, but I have a feeling Maddie would trash on it.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainUniverse View Post
    "I want a NEW costume damn it! Not this 70's Claremont piece of garbage!" *Gets handed the Hellfire Club outfit* "Ah...much better. Now THIS...this is the 70's I love! Wait...this isn't new!" *Blows up reality*

Note: I like Jean's costume, but I have a feeling Maddie would trash on it.
    Yes, me too!

BANNED

Umm... has anybody else read this yet? If not, I would strongly encourage you to, 'cause... I had a BLAST!

I already missed Wells, no doubt, but... didn't realize just how much, 'til I read this. It felt SO GOOD eXperiencing his particular brand of dark humor again, and there was no shortage of how truly twisted & warped it can be. Right out of the gate, in the opening, ya get your 1st dose & it's wickedly wild. Disturbing even, which is to say, I felt the Hellions vibes right away. I did not hate Ben & Maddie here, I kinda felt sorry for them, and the endless tragedy of their lives. The X-Men appear maybe a li'l more than I thought they would, but still not too much. They're all pretty damn good... to GREAT [in 1 case, lemme tell ya], though, not surprisingly. It's macabre, theatrical in all the right ways, and filled w/Wells' signature, razor-sharp wit. While the Goblin Queen & Chasm stole the show, and rightfully *owned* it, Spidey, Venom, and believe it or not... Norman Osborn, had solid showings, too. Hallow's Eve was interesting enough, as well. As I was reading it & the further I got, the more I was seeing it as a live action or better yet [for me] animated film/streaming show/special, what have you. Something in the way it was presented, both in the plotting & visuals, just... IDK, there was like, these movie qualities to it. It's hard to eXplain, 'cause cinematic doesn't feel quite like the right word, eXactly.

I could do a spoiler thread for it if enough of y'all want, just say the word. I wasn't sure how much interest there would be, especially with any X-characters other than Maddie, not having huge roles. I still enjoyed the hell out of it, though, and was surprised at how rapt Spidey's cast kept me. I found it all pretty... *thrilling*, actually, sounds about right. There was this growing intensity that kept ya on the edge of your seat and thinkin' anything can happen here, nobody's safe & nothing's off limits.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PolarIceFire View Post
    Umm... has anybody else read this yet? If not, I would strongly encourage you to, 'cause... I had a BLAST!

I already missed Wells, no doubt, but... didn't realize just how much, 'til I read this. It felt SO GOOD eXperiencing his particular brand of dark humor again, and there was no shortage of how truly twisted & warped it can be. Right out of the gate, in the opening, ya get your 1st dose & it's wickedly wild. Disturbing even, which is to say, I felt the Hellions vibes right away. I did not hate Ben & Maddie here, I kinda felt sorry for them, and the endless tragedy of their lives. The X-Men appear maybe a li'l more than I thought they would, but still not too much. They're all pretty damn good... to GREAT [in 1 case, lemme tell ya], though, not surprisingly. It's macabre, theatrical in all the right ways, and filled w/Wells' signature, razor-sharp wit. While the Goblin Queen & Chasm stole the show, and rightfully *owned* it, Spidey, Venom, and believe it or not... Norman Osborn, had solid showings, too. Hallow's Eve was interesting enough, as well. As I was reading it & the further I got, the more I was seeing it as a live action or better yet [for me] animated film/streaming show/special, what have you. Something in the way it was presented, both in the plotting & visuals, just... IDK, there was like, these movie qualities to it. It's hard to eXplain, 'cause cinematic doesn't feel quite like the right word, eXactly.

I could do a spoiler thread for it if enough of y'all want, just say the word. I wasn't sure how much interest there would be, especially with any X-characters other than Maddie, not having huge roles. I still enjoyed the hell out of it, though, and was surprised at how rapt Spidey's cast kept me. I found it all pretty... *thrilling*, actually, sounds about right. There was this growing intensity that kept ya on the edge of your seat and thinkin' anything can happen here, nobody's safe & nothing's off limits.
    Well, as a longtime Spider-Man fan, welcome to the club. Yeah, as much as I've hated this direction, I do agree with you in terms of feeling bad for Ben/"Chasm" and Madelyne, as well as Janine/Elizabeth/Hallow's Eve. Given her backstory, it could make for some very solid and poignant commentary on how the criminal justice system, to say nothing of society as a whole, all too often fails to protect and even goes so far as to punish sexual abuse/assault survivors, especially if they defend themselves (violently, sometimes lethally) against their abusers or assaulters. Going back to Ben/"Chasm" and his rather violent interaction with Norman, I'll cop to taking a considerable amount of satisfaction in seeing Norman get his @$$ beaten for all the evil s*** he's pulled, especially in light of how Norman killing Ben at the end of the Clone Saga set the stage for the last five years of Ben being revived and twisted into a villainous figure, culminating in The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Well, as a longtime Spider-Man fan, welcome to the club. Yeah, as much as I've hated this direction, I do agree with you in terms of feeling bad for Ben/"Chasm" and Madelyne, as well as Janine/Elizabeth/Hallow's Eve. Given her backstory, it could make for some very solid and poignant commentary on how the criminal justice system, to say nothing of society as a whole, all too often fails to protect and even goes so far as to punish sexual abuse/assault survivors, especially if they defend themselves (violently, sometimes lethally) against their abusers or assaulters. Going back to Ben/"Chasm" and his rather violent interaction with Norman, I'll cop to taking a considerable amount of satisfaction in seeing Norman get his @$$ beaten for all the evil s*** he's pulled, especially in light of how Norman killing Ben at the end of the Clone Saga set the stage for the last five years of Ben being revived and twisted into a villainous figure, culminating in The Chasm Formerly Known as Ben Reilly.
    Thanks for the embrace, Huntsman Spider. I sympathized with some of Ben and Madelyne's reasons, if not their reasoning per se, or subsequent actions. Outside of my partiality toward the X-Men, in particular Havok & Iceman, Ben's confrontation with Norman was a standout sequence and probably the most memorable. Truly stellar work by the creative team, I can still almost see it now, it left such an impression on me. It's good to have the background on Hallows' Eve, too, I did not know this about her. The same goes for Ben and Norman's history and how it shapes their dynamic now. Like with Madelyne, it helps in understanding where they're coming from, when you're fully aware of all the pain and suffering they've had. It seems like their lives have been filled with more misery, than not. This is not an excuse, but definitely a factor that has to be taken into consideration.