Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Is that really the title they're going with?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    That and the solicit mentioning a "fan favorite vigilante" being on Joker's trail
    I guess every villain book needs a hero pursuing them at some point...

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I called this back when they first started making noises about "season one" of Tynion's book. It's logical, since Rosenberg did a fair amount of work on Tynion's series, but...unless Jim Gordon is as big a character as the first run, I'm out, sadly.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I called this back when they first started making noises about "season one" of Tynion's book. It's logical, since Rosenberg did a fair amount of work on Tynion's series, but...unless Jim Gordon is as big a character as the first run, I'm out, sadly.
    Is Jim Gordon supposedly getting a back-up feature in Detctive Comics, or is that maybe a one-and-done back-up story / back-up arc?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Is Jim Gordon supposedly getting a back-up feature in Detctive Comics, or is that maybe a one-and-done back-up story / back-up arc?
    I'm sure Gordon will make the rounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure Gordon will make the rounds...
    But "make the rounds" where? And when?

Hell, I was maybe thinking of trying Detective Comics again only if Gordon was getting a regular back-up feature. Really have no interest in trying Ram V's "Gothic" storyline.

Would have rather then them continue the current series, but Marvel and DC do like new #1's.

I don't think the Joker is as over exposed as Venom and Carnage are in the past few years.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Hell, I was maybe thinking of trying Detective Comics again only if Gordon was getting a regular back-up feature. Really have no interest in trying Ram V's "Gothic" storyline.
    I guess "inevitably" isn't a good answer .

Why no interest in Ram V's story? Did you not enjoy his Catwoman run?

(I personally am dreading what Spurrier does to Jim, since I don't trust him at all)

I don't like Si Spurrier, so I haven't checked to see if it's ongoing, but I'm pretty sure it's multi-part at least.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Tried two issues of his Catwoman (#29 - 30) and wasn't really impressed (especially with the lame "Strays").

So, I guess the answer to your question is, "No, I did not enjoy his Catwoman run" (based on what little I read of it).

Fair. I like the Strays, but I have definitely seen them rub some readers the wrong way.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Honestly..I disagree here. In main continuity, the only place Joker has appeared in has been his solo series which has been more of a Gordon book than his own. The character clearly has a dedicated fanbase and his book clearly sells well, so I definitely see the intent behind them continuing. Also, I haven't enjoyed every comic Rosenberg has done but he's killing it on task force Z right now and I'm glad to see him get more opprotunities.
    The best thing about the Joker solo was it was mostly about Jim Gordon and not the Joker really. Gordon is far more interesting and relatable character.

Incredible Member

(I personally am dreading what Spurrier does to Jim, since I don't trust him at all)

I don't like Si Spurrier, so I haven't checked to see if it's ongoing, but I'm pretty sure it's multi-part at least.
    I highly rate Simon Spurrier but then I go all the way back to his 2000AD days so I know what a quality writer he is.

Spurrier definitely has a passionate fanbase. I'm very much not one of them.

Extraordinary Member

The Joker: The Man Who Stopped Laughing #1 Preview
    Writer: Matthew Rosenberg
    Artist: Carmine Di Giandomenico
    Backup Writer: Matthew Rosenberg
    Backup Artist: Francesco Francavilla