Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/17/dc...e-blue-wall-6/

final issue preview. I guess the cops now going all out on Ortega still wont take some semblance of responsibility that it was their own cops that drove him to act out this way. Not sure how to feel about this. I have a alot conflicting views when referring to the system, Im very curious to read this next week.

So I guess this is, for now, Ridley's last DC book?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    https://aiptcomics.com/2023/03/17/dc...e-blue-wall-6/

final issue preview. I guess the cops now going all out on Ortega still wont take some semblance of responsibility that it was their own cops that drove him to act out this way. Not sure how to feel about this. I have a alot conflicting views when referring to the system, Im very curious to read this next week.
    I can tell the finale is gonna hurt.

Astonishing Member

Read the issue, don't know what to think of it but I wont spoil this early, hoping to hear your views on this finale.

Astonishing Member

I atleast Ortega was taken alive due to Reene trying to talk him down athough she has every right to be angry and vengeful at him due to killing her brother. Alot of conflicted feelings over this. I glad Reene kept the dog.

Extraordinary Member

With this whole series I don't really know what think of it.

Maybe it should have been Black Label, or completely it's own thing outside the DCU, but to me it doesn't feel like something that belongs into the main continuity Batman franchise.

I read the 6 issues over the last two days. My comic shop had them all and since I was a huge fan of Gotham Central I wanted to pick them up. I loved this series. I was bummed out that Renee's brother and sister in law got killed but it was a brutal turn to the series. And the fact that she talked the killer into giving himself up rather then letting the GCPD officers kill him. I dont know why but I really loved that.

I will place this series as just as good as Gotham Central.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I read the 6 issues over the last two days. My comic shop had them all and since I was a huge fan of Gotham Central I wanted to pick them up. I loved this series. I was bummed out that Renee's brother and sister in law got killed but it was a brutal turn to the series. And the fact that she talked the killer into giving himself up rather then letting the GCPD officers kill him. I dont know why but I really loved that.

I will place this series as just as good as Gotham Central.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john...ce-1-from-idw/

Oscar winner John Ridley and Stefano Raffaele have a new comic book series, Ministry of Compliance, coming from IDW Publishing, an alien invasion that asks if humanity's division and downfall is all an alien plot planned from the eighties…

"Eisner-nominated storyteller John Ridley (GCPD: The Blue Wall) reunites with acclaimed artist Stefano Raffaele (Knight Terrors: The Joker) to present THE MINISTRY OF COMPLIANCE, a sociopolitical sci-fi thriller that is full of extraterrestrial espionage and excitement as the creatives take a look at the world we live in today through the lens of an inconspicuous alien invasion."

I never watched or even heard of Third Watch when it came out in 1999. I watched the first few episodes tonight. John Ridley was a producer and writer. It’s interesting because the show follows, in part, a rookie cop and a rookie paramedic. And the two of them dine together and talk about their experiences and whether it was what they imagined it would be. It sure seems like some of GCPD: The Blue Wall was inspired by Third Watch.
    Last edited by Twice-named; 12-24-2023 at 07:01 PM.
    "It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka