Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Huh? Why would Renee "pass the Question mantle" on to a new person if the ORIGINAL person who started it (Victor Sage) is alive and well again?!? Is it really Renee's right to just give it to somebody else, especially if the original is back using it?
    Yeah, as was already said, I honestly don't think DC really cares.

When was the last The Question ongoing? Was it the Dennis O'Neil and Denys Cowan series from the 80s? There's been a few limited series since then, but any ongoings?

If not, then there's your answer there.

Really? This is something MAJOR happening in Gotham City (another Batman) that Bruce wouldn't be aware of? That Barbara Gordon as Oracle wouldn't get any hint of on the internet or on all the video cameras in Gotham City that she would somehow have access to?
    You're right in what you're saying, but thinking about it, I don't believe Jace was really that active in Gotham City for that long.

Five issues in real time, but in comic time it may have only been a few days.

I think the "Fear State" tie-in was issue #3, and he left for New York to go with his mother and Tiffany, because his sister Tamara was going to New York for physical rehab, and that happened at the end of issue #5, so that was the last time he was in Gotham. And he only went out as Batman for the first time a few days (roughly) before the "Fear State" tie-in.

The police saw him and everything, but he was wearing the faceplate then, so they didn't know.

Why Barbara didn't know anything... "Fear State" and all that was going on with that, I guess? Who knows. And Bruce obviously had a lot to deal with during "Fear State."

I don't think it matters if Jace gives a damn or not. It's more of whether The Goddamn Batman would care about somebody else stealing HIS identity without Bruce's permission!
    Hey, it's pretty dopey to me too. What can I say...

Jace's book, even for the short time it was set in Gotham, was really pretty self-contained. And now that's it's in New York, nothing has really changed. It's a Bat-book onto itself.

Tatsu Yamashiro knows who he is, she briefly trained him.

Or to be more exact, she knows who Jace is, by his name of Tim though (or that's what she calls him or whatever). I don't believe she knows that he dresses as Batman now though.

Either way, again, I can only assume Lucius has talked to Bruce.

"Bruce, you remember my son Tim, and he goes by Jace now? The one who killed someone in a hit and run and that we sent off to military school. Well, he's in New York City now and he dresses like you. So just as an FYI."

And Bruce might be like...

"I see. Well, my Tim just got shot in the neck. The police think I killed Cobblepot. And I believe Selina is sleeping with someone. I have a little bit on my plate right now. But if it's your son and you vouch for him, then okay. I'll look into it when I get a chance."

And that's how the conversation may have gone. Although, Lucius may have not said "FYI." I don't know, I'm just freelancing here.

No, I don't know when they'll deal with the Bruce situation. Maybe next year once this Dark Crisis is over. Or they may never do it, who knows?

I kind of hope they don't, but who knows...

EDIT:

Or if or when they do meet, hopefully they'll have Bruce talk him out of dressing like him (or tell him, either way).

That would be perfect to me. I would be happy.
    Last edited by Isaac Lawrence; 07-24-2022 at 03:04 PM. Reason: because it's about my happiness

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    Vic Sage died in 52 #38.
    Neither Vic nor Renee have powers. The Question face is an adhesive.
    I don’t believe the New 52 Question’s identity was ever revealed.
    I believe Vic showed up as the Question in some of Bendis’ stuff.
    What "power"?

The Question is a guy who asks a lot of questions and looks for answers.
    His "costume" involves a mask that covers his face and is held on by chemicals & a special gas that alters the color of his hair and clothes (unless they've changed things since the last century).

I prefer to ignore that version.

You mean it was someone else over the past couple of years?

Don't know yet.
    Wasn't impressed by what little of I am Batman that I've read.
    In New 52 The Council of Whatever it Was made The Question's face disappear as a punishment for his sin. That's why I thought it was powers, and I haven't paid attention on how The Question works in the past couple of years.

Okay so no problem then. I thought it was a power that's passed on or something, so only one person can have it.

Huh? Why would Renee "pass the Question mantle" on to a new person if the ORIGINAL person who started it (Victor Sage) is alive and well again?!? Is it really Renee's right to just give it to somebody else, especially if the original is back using it?
    Okay so the recent one was still Vic. If he was still using it then yeah it will be odd why he suddenly quit. If he quits. It's a mask, so they can both be The Question.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 07-24-2022 at 05:18 PM.

"It's not my Kate." - Greg Rucka

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I dunno if we need a third Question.
    I think having multiple Questions could be interesting, fun and add to the character's mystique. But then again it's hard enough getting pages for the two we already have, let alone getting people to buy a book starring them.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I think having multiple Questions could be interesting, fun and add to the character's mystique. But then again it's hard enough getting pages for the two we already have, let alone getting people to buy a book starring them.
    I don't even think Renee needs to be an ongoing Question, but I think she and Vic are enough.

Extraordinary Member

GCPD: The Blue Wall #1 Preview
    Writer: John Ridley
    Artist: Stefano Raffaele

I'm glad Renee at least acknowledged her New York jaunt as the Question was kind of irresponsible as Gotham City Commissioner.

Another Asian character named "Park?" I doubt she's related to Linda though.

Does Renee know Harvey's been cured? Then again, it wouldn't be the first time that hasn't stuck.

Nice to see her brother again even if he's, like, the only person she has left. She should hang out with Bullock again.

Extraordinary Member

Another Asian character named "Park?" I doubt she's related to Linda though.
    Park is the third most common Korean last name, following Kim and Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Park is the third most common Korean last name, following Kim and Lee.
    Ah, that explains it .

Very odd choice to specifically have a warning that racist language will be used and then censor regular swears. Also strange that Renee mentioned losing Daria but not Kate; as much as I don't like it, they did break up relatively recently.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I'm glad Renee at least acknowledged her New York jaunt as the Question was kind of irresponsible as Gotham City Commissioner.
    I didn’t get that from what she said. Just that she is, to some extent, unhappy as police commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Very odd choice to specifically have a warning that racist language will be used and then censor regular swears. Also strange that Renee mentioned losing Daria but not Kate; as much as I don't like it, they did break up relatively recently.
    I feel in Ridley's headcanon they never dated again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twice-named View Post
    I didn’t get that from what she said. Just that she is, to some extent, unhappy as police commissioner.
    "I almost bailed on it" tells me she was considering just up and leaving rather than deal with it, which kind of felt irresponsible to me.

I feel in Ridley's headcanon they never dated again.
    That kinda sums up a lot of the issues with his DC writing so far, starting with Other History; it doesn't seem like he wants to play with anyone else. If he was writing Elseworlds stuff that'd be perfectly fine, but he mostly hasn't been.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

"I almost bailed on it" tells me she was considering just up and leaving rather than deal with it, which kind of felt irresponsible to me.
    Abandoning her job would be irresponsible. I don’t think she was considering that. I think she used all or some of her remaining PTO for her trip to NYC as opposed to no-showing and, if she decided to relocate there, would have submitted her non-immediate resignation to the mayor, which would allow for an orderly transition to an acting commissioner until a permanent replacement was found.

What I don’t get is why, if she was unhappy as police commissioner in Gotham, she interviewed for the NYC gig. Unless that was just a cover for her Question mission, which it seems like it wasn’t. But it’s not like she needed a cover to go to NYC to be the Question.

The last line in the preview (“Are you ready?”) felt like an allusion to this: