Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Batman/Spawn

Extraordinary Member

Default Batman/Spawn

Todd McFarlane and Greg Capullo to take on Batman - with Spawn thrown into the mix as well
    Todd McFarlane had promised a hurricane of an announcement at San Diego Comic-Con today, and he delivered – but he didn’t do so alone. At DC’s Jim Lee & Friends panel on Friday afternoon, McFarlane revealed that he’s teaming up with Greg Capullo for a new Batman/Spawn one-shot this December.

The 48-page special issue – to be titled, simply, Batman/Spawn – will be the first time the two characters have met since 1994’s Batman/Spawn: War Devil one-shot, which will be reprinted ahead of the new book’s release. That earlier title, written by the team of Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench and the recently departed Alan Grant with art by Klaus Janson, was DC’s half of a crossover publishing event that year, alongside Frank Miller and McFarlane’s Spawn/Batman, released by Image.
    Batman/Spawn: War Devil will be re-released November 15, with the all-new Batman/Spawn #1 by McFarlane and Capullo set for a December 13 release.

Batman and Spawn...has this genuinely not happened before?

OMG! Totally looking forward to this (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Batman and Spawn...has this genuinely not happened before?
    Yeah, it did, back in '94.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Yeah, it did, back in '94.
    Figured as much (and of course in the 90's) .

Figured as much (and of course in the 90's) .
    I know, right?! Also, Frank Miller wrote it! Too bad it wasn't well-received, though...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! Also, Frank Miller wrote it! Too bad it wasn't well-received, though...

Frank Miller? Wow .

Another crossover was written by Dixon, thou I liked it less than the one by Miller.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Another crossover was written by Dixon, thou I liked it less than the one by Miller.
    Such a random Chuck Dixon thing...

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Such a random Chuck Dixon thing...

1994’s Batman/Spawn: War Devil was actually co-written by Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and Alan Grant. Dixon talked about this in one of his recent Ask Chuck Dixon YouTube videos. At the time, Dixon, Moench, and Grant were the 3 main Batman writers (of Detective Comics, Batman, and Shadow of the Bat). According to Dixon, editor Denny O’Neil let the three of them co-write Batman/Spawn: War Devil, so they could each receive a share of the royalties from the book. And this sold a lot of copies back in 1994!
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by kevink31593 View Post
    1994’s Batman/Spawn: War Devil was actually co-written by Chuck Dixon, Doug Moench, and Alan Grant. Dixon talked about this in one of his recent Ask Chuck Dixon YouTube videos. At the time, Dixon, Moench, and Grant were the 3 main Batman writers (of Detective Comics, Batman, and Shadow of the Bat). According to Dixon, editor Denny O’Neil let the three of them co-write Batman/Spawn: War Devil, so they could each receive a share of the royalties from the book. And this sold a lot of copies back in 1994!
    That's nice of O'Neil .

BANNED

Looks good. I have always thought about reading Spawn before I don't know the character too well so this seems a better for me to know about this character.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Capullo is back in Spawn... I don't remember if I ever read Spawn that far to reach the part where he drew it, but even if I did I wouldn't notice because his art was pretty different back then, very 90s, similar to McFarlane.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Capullo is back in Spawn... I don't remember if I ever read Spawn that far to reach the part where he drew it, but even if I did I wouldn't notice because his art was pretty different back then, very 90s, similar to McFarlane.
    LOL! Capullo was the reason I kept reading Spawn until he left after #100

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Capullo was the reason I kept reading Spawn until he left after #100

Greg also did some art on spawn 300 and still ongoing with new spin-offs like king spawn,Gunsligner spawn,and the scorched