Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    In New X-men Jean also went after Logan, not the other way around. ...It was at this point that Jean threw herself at Logan, who pushed back...
    Logan first kissed Jean—without consent, mind you, though she seemed to give in—during the New X-Men era in Uncanny X-Men #394, which was published in June 2001.

Months later, in New X-Men #117, published in October 2021, Jean goes to Logan for support and guidance regarding her marriage. The panels below, which occur one immediately after the other, indicate that, again, he grabbed and kissed her, and she surrendered to it due to both her vulnerability in the moment and her attraction to him. Then, he course corrected because he knew it was wrong to capitalize on her despair over her marriage. That’s my take, at least, which is supported by Jean’s dialogue immediately preceding the kiss, which makes it clear that she was preoccupied with Scott: “...And you’re my friend...and I wish [Scott] would just hold me the way he used to. I wish it didn't matter. I feel like an idiot.”

Last edited by Mercury; 07-25-2022 at 12:12 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Fantastic Member

"support and guidance"

lmao. Is that what we're calling it now.

Honestly it all feels so played out at this point that I have a hard time mustering any enthusiasm for any of it.

My hope is when the X-men hit the MCU that Jean and Scott are a little older (i.e., in their 20s/no longer high school kids) and have broken up/are both single. And while she feels for Logan due to how broken he is from all he's been through, Jean isn't really attracted to him and makes that clear when he hits on her. This way we get single Jean and Scott, with perhaps Scotty getting tempted by the White Queen at some point, and also a dangerous loner version of Logan (much he like was back in the early days when everyone called him a "psycho") and all three characters get to thrive on their own without any co-dependence.

I'd like to see it anyway. And it would be very different from the FOX-men version that way too. There are other relationships to explore after all.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    "support and guidance"

lmao. Is that what we're calling it now.
    now we are calling it entanglements. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    No, it's just that in his mind Scott became a representative of Jim Shooter, and Claremont needs to get even at him for screwing up his plans.

There's also the fact that his ultimate pet Storm doesn't become the ultimate leader of the X-men with Scott around he can't deal with.

I think the whole thing with Madelyne is the moment Claremont stops being the young man full of ideas on how to change things and becomes the old man yelling at the cloud.
    Agreed. I wasn't around at the time but reading those reprints of Madelyne going "woe is me" did not make me more sympathetic to her situation(I don't hate her character). On the contrary, Claremont came off sounding really petty.

I always laugh whenever he complains about Morrison pairing up Emma and Scott(arguably among the best romances/pairing in the modern x era)

On an unrelated note, he was barking about how the the x office stole his idea of terraforming Mars lol

whatever. The dude's senile. I give him a pass

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Honestly it all feels so played out at this point that I have a hard time mustering any enthusiasm for any of it.

My hope is when the X-men hit the MCU that Jean and Scott are a little older (i.e., in their 20s/no longer high school kids) and have broken up/are both single. And while she feels for Logan due to how broken he is from all he's been through, Jean isn't really attracted to him and makes that clear when he hits on her. This way we get single Jean and Scott, with perhaps Scotty getting tempted by the White Queen at some point, and also a dangerous loner version of Logan (much he like was back in the early days when everyone called him a "psycho") and all three characters get to thrive on their own without any co-dependence.

I'd like to see it anyway. And it would be very different from the FOX-men version that way too. There are other relationships to explore after all.
    Then we could Jean/Bishop.

Or bring back Ted Roberts. People like human allies lol

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Logan first kissed Jean—without consent, mind you, though she seemed to give in—during the New X-Men era in Uncanny X-Men #394, which was published in June 2001.

Months later, in New X-Men #117, published in October 2021, Jean goes to Logan for support and guidance regarding her marriage. The panels below, which occur one immediately after the other, indicate that, again, he grabbed and kissed her, and she surrendered to it due to both her vulnerability in the moment and her attraction to him. Then, he course corrected because he knew it was wrong to capitalize on her despair over her marriage. That’s my take, at least, which is supported by Jean’s dialogue immediately preceding the kiss, which makes it clear that she was preoccupied with Scott: “...And you’re my friend...and I wish [Scott] would just hold me the way he used to. I wish it didn't matter. I feel like an idiot.”

That was one of the near death experiences that happened in that issue. Those are one of the extenuating circumstances similar to how Black Widow and Hawkeye did in Endgame. And i am pretty sure if you look at next panel he held up her legs to thigh so she pretty much gave in

As for New X-Men, it was Jean who played her card when she came out of the middle of the night out of nowhere and not in public place lol
    Logan kissed her sure but he wanted to make sure that behind that kiss it was pretty much meant for her to understand nothing will ever happen between them. Plus he even back that just after they kiss and he left immediately
    I was pretty sure that someone will argue about this because I was the one who made this bait in the first place darlin' Thank god it was you
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-25-2022 at 06:55 PM.

BANNED

They were retconned loves. Jean was first, which is something Logan has never truly forgotten, despite how many have tried to erode his memory. Every once in awhile, you can catch him subtly breaking the fourth wall a la Deadpool and grunting at those who contradict this fact.

☝🏻😌

If intrigued... The rest of the story can be found here.

Fantastic Member

Oh, honey, you just don't know. I forget in which recent podcast interview he talked about Jean and Logan reuniting on some cosmic rock—interestingly enough, Kitty was there as the sole survivor, along with the Ol’ Canucklehead and the Inimitable Red—after all life ceased to be. So, Claremont goes on to say that Logan and Kitty are just shooting the sh*t when a familiar flame and voice descend upon them, sweeping Logan up with her. They proceed to consummate their love, which causes the next big bang and cycle of life to begin anew. I remember thinking, “Chris, you are f*cking nuts, but that’s why we love you.” 🤣

I love his love for Jean and Logan unabashedly. 🥹
    Kitty was there?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jwyatt View Post
    Kitty was there?
    I think Claremonts idea is that she gets longevity out of the intangibility somehow. It might be that he has expressed that somewhere and that's where I am getting the notion from.

Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-06-2022 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I think Claremonts idea is that she gets longevity out of the intangibility somehow. It might be that he has expressed that somewhere and that's where I am getting the notion from.

Logan and Jean bang the next MU into existence. All is right with the world.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Logan and Jean bang the next MU into existence. All is right with the world.
    I'd post the images from the AvX What If where someone actually made this story happen, but ironically, I don't own it/didn't read it, though I mostly like the idea. Don't like alternate universes lol.

But I remember the art for it being pretty
    Last edited by Kitty&Piotr<3; 08-06-2022 at 11:33 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post

Kitty could either become immortal by virtue of being intangible... or she could become the next Omniversal Majestrix replacing Saturnyne, who incidentally always used to play chess with Roma.