Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Easing my way back in to reading DC regularly, so my pull list will likely just be:
    Action Comics #1048
    Batman #128
    Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #5
    DC vs Vampires #10
    DC vs Vampires: All-Out War #4
    Detective Comics #1065
    Flash #787

I am most excited to see where Action Comics goes with Clark's return.

Superman: Son of Kal
    Action
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Teen Justice
    Young Justice
    Titans: United
    Black Adam
    Dark Crisis

And Jesus enough with suffocating us with Batbooks already. Literally can't even with that anymore.

Fire Jim Lee! Out the door now!

The most disinteresting list I've ever seen put out by DC.

Dan Didio is starting to look like a saint. At least he would sanction creative risks (the Terrifics) or more obscure DCU mini series (Venditti's Freedom Fighters, & the Metal Men of all teams) despite being profit losses.

Jim Lee just seems to be content with suffocating us to death with Batman titles.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

Dan Didio is starting to look like a saint. At least he would sanction creative risks (the Terrifics) or more obscure DCU mini series (Venditti's Freedom Fighters, & the Metal Men of all teams) despite being profit losses.

Jim Lee just seems to be content with suffocating us to death with Batman titles.
    Maybe that's what you finally the "Be careful what you wish for". Now, look what we do and here we are.

The last days of DC Comics is near.
    Last edited by LAWtoyoto 432; 07-25-2022 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Maybe that's what you finally the "Be careful what you wish for". Now, look what we do and here we are.

The last days of DC Comics is near.
    No kidding, I'd scrub the following just to start:

1) Punchline the Gotham Game
    2) Harley Quinn Animated Series
    3) Batman Gotham Knights Gilded City
    4) Gotham City Year 1 (even though it's Tom King), (year 1 & 2's are boring & bought by speculators)
    5) Batman Incorporated
    6) Gotham Police Department
    7) Batman Incorporated
    8) Batman Knightwatch
    9) Batman Beyond the White Knight
    10) Batman Fortress
    11) Batman Audio Adventures
    12) Future State Gotham
    13) I am Batman

I imagine that's only about half of the Batman title for the month.

(Stephanie Phillips on a Green Arrow one shot....uggh, don't have a lot of faith in that. Can't we have Chip Zdarsky one shot instead!)

No, no, no, out the door Jim Lee, thanks for your services, time for the boot! Bring in Geoff Johns!

You know what I'd also get rid of

The Riddler Year one
    Batman One bad day: Penguin
    The Joker: The Man who stopped laughing

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    It’s even worse if we consider that 5 of the 62 books are not even DC or Milestone, like MAD or creator owned stuff.
    Out of the remaining 57, we’ve got:

ONGOINGS:
    13 Batman ongoing series
    7 Non-Batman ongoing series

MINIS/specials:
    16 Batman minis/specials
    8 minis/specials heavily featuring Bat-characters (Titans, Flashpoint etc)
    13 minis/specials featuring Bat-independent characters.

The amount of ongoings in general is also worrying.
    Only 20 series is far too little. It seems like a lot of DC’s current output is comprised of their uninspired tie-ins to outside media, which ironically rarely attract non-comibook fans.

Current DC ongoing series:

Batman
    Batman Incorporated
    Batman Urban Legends
    Batman/Superman: World’s Finests
    I am Batman
    Detective Comics
    Nightwing
    Tim Drake: Robin
    Batgirls
    Harley Quinn
    Catwoman
    Joker
    FS: Gotham (last issue)

Action Comics
    Superman: Son of Kal-El
    Wonder Woman
    Flash
    Black Adam
    Deathstroke Inc.
    Monkey Prince

The DCU has never felt smaller to me.
    Plus Urban Legends is the size of three ongoing so higher percentage of Batman

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post

I wonder if Jeannette Kahn would be willing to come out of retirement. She at least maintained a stable continuity.
    Assassinate Putin!

There’s a CRISIS taking place, which used to be DC’s Super Bowl of event books, and the excitement level from fans about the overall DCU is abysmal.

I’m really enjoying Action Comics but everything else hasn’t been that great. Doesn’t look like much will change in October.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I wonder if Jeannette Kahn would be willing to come out of retirement. She at least maintained a stable continuity.
    Maybe, anything is better than the current situation....(As for firing Jim Lee, I'm just letting off steam)

Before he took over though, there was at least still a lot of DCU titles outside the Batman & the trinity (I mean Dan Didio actually sanctioned a Metal Men 12 issue series. It gave me hope, of maybe a Global Guardians series)

I remember before Jim Lee took over we still had some really interesting DCU titles, and then in an interview he stated something along the lines "of cutting the line for quality"

Since then there has hardly been anything outside of the top 6, and were flooded with Batman titles....just literally flooded with them.

In October 2020 I picked up 36 DC titles (which was pretty standard going back a decade or two). In October 2021 I was down to 26 titles, and now in October 2022 I'm at 16.

There are some current series I really enjoy but I can only take so much Batman and stick to his main title and Detective (aside from other books he appears in or with his fam, like JL, Nightwing and Robin). I've never been more bored with DC's overall offerings.

BANNED

This is maybe a stupid question considering all the recent scandals, but is the Flash movie prequel comic delayed again/canceled? I know they canceled that unfortunate variant cover and I know Ezra Miller is....not great....but I still kinda was interested in reading the comic.

This is hilarious
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

I thought it was (only) me, but kind of sad to see how many share my disappointment/lack of enthusiasm for Batman and the Forty Titles, and having so little else...
    for me: Gotham City, GCPD, Static Shadows, Batman/Scooby Doo, Blood Syndicate, Duo, Fables, and Poison Ivy.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    This is hilarious
    You mean the folks who need to GROW up???

Screaming for Dan to come back we forgot what he did to Teen Titans and Wally West?

Lets not forget he buried Cassandra Cain who SOLD for 5 straight years.

Lets not forget some of the toxic editors he kept who ruined Static, Cyborg and other books. Who got to be in charge of Wonder Woman books despite being toxic to female employees.

Lets not forget Wonder Woman did not have all these books under Dan nor did Aquaman. Good or bad stories is NOT the point-they got them NOW.

Yes there is a glutton of Batman books. Because that seems to be the ONLY franchise folks are willing to READ the books before throwing any fits. Even Gotham Academy and I AM Batman.

Funny Duke Thomas and Harper Row came under Dan's watch. Folks threw FITS about them and screamed too many Batman folks. Yet under Jim Lee-those new Batfolks increased and they got books and one shots way more than Duke & especially Harper-nobody is complaining.

Yes Dan did give yall Terrifics, Freedom Fighters and others. FUNNY nobody cared about how much they sold. They liked reading them and appreciated they getting shots.
    Or they choose to IGNORE them and read what they liked.

Why can't we go back to that instead of fits being thrown over certain books?

Yes there are too many Bat books-guess what we can ALL do about that??? Don't buy them. When enough unsold copies start breaking tables at store (which I saw happen) store owners will start chirping.

Support the non Batman books. Better yet support the INDY books.

Am I blind, or is Superboy: man of tomorrow #2 not here? I know issue 1 was in the September solicitations
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.