Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Does Doom siphon powers? I think something like that in the second Fantastic Four movie.
    His technology has allowed him to steal Silver Surfer's power, Galactus, Beyonders, Watchers, Terrax, Molecule Man...pretty much he has a tasted for the Power Cosmic (and whatever the Beyonders have), and if you have it, he has stolen it.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    His technology has allowed him to steal Silver Surfer's power, Galactus, Beyonders, Watchers, Terrax, Molecule Man...pretty much he has a tasted for the Power Cosmic (and whatever the Beyonders have), and if you have it, he has stolen it.
    So It's tech not magic.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Does Doom siphon powers? I think something like that in the second Fantastic Four movie.
    In the most famous example in the Lee/Kirby run where he gave himself the Power Cosmic, he used a siphon device

He must have been able to store some of it after the Fantastic Four defeated him because in Sub-Mariner #47, he claims to still possess it.

Even in Byrne's Fantastic Four, he uses the Power Cosmic again to infuse Terrax with it so that he can fight the Fantastic Four. But by this time he was able to artifically recreate it in FF#258. He used his minion Hauptmann as a guinea pig to test it out but his form was too weak and it consumed him.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-16-2022 at 09:16 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshadow View Post
    Correction on Terrax. Doom gave an amnesiac Terrax the Power Cosmic he recreated in a lab in order to fight the Fantastic Four . Terrax was laid low by Galactus in a previous story since he was a treacherous Herald and could no longer be trusted.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Without the Cosmic Cube and without the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos is cosmically powered bruiser.

Here are some of his greatest hits. Pun intended.

Creating copies of himself!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Ultimate Member

Nah! grooming normally entails buying affection through gift giving and offering special attention to make the child feel indebted - Mistress Death hardly ever did any of that. So no, Thanos was a Titan in love
    Key word there being normally

Thanos was an isolated youth that Death itself personally enticed to intimacy and an obsessive relationship to which he was unable to handle emotionally. If that ain't grooming, what is?

That said, it's easy to toss if one ignores Jason Aaron, something I would encourage

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post

Yes, this is the level of power that I think is appropriate. Thanos should be powerful enough to challenge a team of even the most powerful Avengers without the IG, Heart of the Universe or whatever. Black Bolt's scream? No matter how many megatons of TNT that equates to, yes, Thanos should be able to survive that. After all, he's not the only superhuman being that can casually shrug off a nuclear weapon exploding in his face. But I get that consistency varies from one writer to the next.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Key word there being normally

Thanos was an isolated youth that Death itself personally enticed to intimacy and an obsessive relationship to which he was unable to handle emotionally. If that ain't grooming, what is?

That said, it's easy to toss if one ignores Jason Aaron, something I would encourage
    It was a nice read but I Ignore almost all writers that write Thanos if they don't depict him as Starlin would.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

It was a nice read but I Ignore almost all writers that write Thanos if they don't depict him as Starlin would.
    Maybe that young Thanos was a clone of young Thanos!

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Maybe that young Thanos was a clone of young Thanos!
    i read that as Thanos going crazy but that didn't hold water so I ignored it altogether.

Ultimate Member

After Infinity Gauntlet, that bar went out the window. Starlin writes nothing more than a mary sue who diminishes others to make his pet look better

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Creating copies of himself!
    Still remember Starlin coming up with that idea...