Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Saitama (One punchman) VS Post Crisis Justice League

Post-crisis JLA: Flash, Martian Man-Hunter, Green Lantern, Wondwrwoman, Superman, and Batman

Round 1: Neither side is willing to kill whoever they identify as human.
    Round 2: Both sides are bloodlusted.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 07-22-2022 at 07:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Basically comes down to whether Flash can speed steal or J'onn can make Saitama sleep. He hasn't dealt with anything quite like them, but he's easily more powerful than anyone on team JLA. His subatomoric control feat makes me think Flash can't freeze him.

I was going to say him no selling Tornado's telekinesis is a good indicator he won't be put down by psychic powers, but that's crossing continuities which have wildly diverged. I'm still leery of him being susceptible, but that's the JLA's best shot right now. In a non-bloodlusted fight, I could see Saitama taking a nap with very minimal suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Post-crisis JLA: Flash, Martian Man-Hunter, Green Lantern, Wondwrwoman, Superman, and Batman

Round 1: Neither side is willing to kill whoever they identify as human.
    Batman bribes Saitama with a bunch of supermarket coupons.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Basically comes down to whether Flash can speed steal or J'onn can make Saitama sleep. He hasn't dealt with anything quite like them, but he's easily more powerful than anyone on team JLA. His subatomoric control feat makes me think Flash can't freeze him.

I was going to say him no selling Tornado's telekinesis is a good indicator he won't be put down by psychic powers, but that's crossing continuities which have wildly diverged. I'm still leery of him being susceptible, but that's the JLA's best shot right now. In a non-bloodlusted fight, I could see Saitama taking a nap with very minimal suggestion though.
    I'd say J'onn should be able to do it with a mind zorch just fine. I don't recall Saitama resisting a direct telepathic assault before, let alone one on J'onns level.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I'd say J'onn should be able to do it with a mind zorch just fine. I don't recall Saitama resisting a direct telepathic assault before, let alone one on J'onns level.
    Can J'onn get it off in time? Because He's likely gonna be Saitama's first target, as the most obviously non-human form

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Can J'onn get it off in time? Because He's likely gonna be Saitama's first target, as the most obviously non-human form
    I cant really see why not. He's a speedster too, can turn invisible and intangible at the bell, move away at a fraction of light speed and then mind frag. Unless i'm missing something?

About how fast is Saitama right now after the recent chapters? I know he’s fast enough to blitz Garou who was fast enough to blitz and beat Platinum S who was moving several 0s behind the a fraction of a second. And that was before he got his cosmic power up

Also did anyone else get PC Superman vibes when Saitama basically blew away Jupiter with a sneeze?
    Last edited by Kuro; 07-24-2022 at 08:32 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    About how fast is Saitama right now after the recent chapters? I know he’s fast enough to blitz Garou who was fast enough to blitz and beat Platinum S who was moving several 0s behind the a fraction of a second. And that was before he got his cosmic power up
    I'd say he's fast enough to blitz J'onn and the rest of the non-Flash members of the league. Garou went through multiple explicit powerups and copy cycles after the Platinum S scene, and Saitama kept just getting exponentially faster and stronger still. There was even a handy relative power scale provided in the background of the panels.

There is a question question as to whether Flash can do anything to Saitama, as he's still going to be a lot faster. I just don't think that he can - Saitama has too many feats for ignoring esoterics or doing impossible things because "Saitama", plus having the ability now to manipulate his molecules AND to go through time to think that speed steal will work, and Flash doesn't have many other options there. His hitting force isn't doing anything at all to Saitama.

But, Flash being Flash and therefore being oddly broken, he can combo up! So I guess maybe he can speed lend to J'onn, who will then be able to avoid the blitz and use telepathy. Flash is just so broken. How many JL rumbles come down to "Flash + something"?

Will J'onn's telepathy work? Well, Saitama in the webcomic no-sells Tatsumaki's psi, but she generally uses the TK side more than the TP side of psi attacks, and this is the webcomic rather than the manga. For Rumbles, that's likely not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Also did anyone else get PC Superman vibes when Saitama basically blew away Jupiter with a sneeze?
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    There is a question question as to whether Flash can do anything to Saitama, as he's still going to be a lot faster. I just don't think that he can - Saitama has too many feats for ignoring esoterics or doing impossible things because "Saitama", plus having the ability now to manipulate his molecules AND to go through time to think that speed steal will work, and Flash doesn't have many other options there.
    I see no reason why speed steal wouldn't work. Saitama is big fast so it might take a (relative) while but he's too slow to ever tag Flash and I can't think of any reason why he'd be immune to it.

Saitama going back in time was something done in conjunction with Garou, he didn't seem to have that much control over it as it was happening and he currently seems to have no memory of doing it after fusing with his past self therefore I don't think we can really consider it a normal part of his powerset.

You could argue something like, Saitama's exponential growth ability would mean he would get faster quicker than Flash could drain his kinetic energy but that's kind of conjecture-y for my money.

Will J'onn's telepathy work? Well, Saitama in the webcomic no-sells Tatsumaki's psi, but she generally uses the TK side more than the TP side of psi attacks, and this is the webcomic rather than the manga. For Rumbles, that's likely not enough.
    Tatsumaki doesn't have telepathy. The only feat remotely approaching interacting with telepathy Saitama has was when he punched into the fantasy mindscape/dimension thing that Phoenix Man was making to tempt Child Emperor to the dark side. He has zero feats of psychic resistance, much less a telepath on J'onn's epic scale.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

The argument against speed steal working is that it didn't work on Hunter Zolomon because IIRC his speed came from his molecules being out of sync with time. Saitama's able to shift his molecules through time. He forgot how to, it seems, but he's never really been that conscious of his abilities anyway. The lesson from Garou consisted of like 30 seconds of Tai Chi poses. It isn't like he got lessons on how to grab subspace portals or propel himself at FTL speeds with a fart. There's a reasonable case he could subconsciously adapt to the speed steal in much the same way he did Garou's spacial powers.

It is absolutely speculation, but not without foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    The argument against speed steal working is that it didn't work on Hunter Zolomon because IIRC his speed came from his molecules being out of sync with time. Saitama's able to shift his molecules through time. He forgot how to, it seems, but he's never really been that conscious of his abilities anyway. The lesson from Garou consisted of like 30 seconds of Tai Chi poses. It isn't like he got lessons on how to grab subspace portals or propel himself at FTL speeds with a fart. There's a reasonable case he could subconsciously adapt to the speed steal in much the same way he did Garou's spacial powers.

It is absolutely speculation, but not without foundation.
    Yeah, I did think of the Zoom II comparison but Hunter's speed is 1) always on (arguably even when he doesn't want it) and 2) more about his relationship /to/ time rather than time travel like what Saitama did if you get what I mean.

While Hunter suggests there's a basis for "time-shenanigans = immunity to speed steal", Sentry tended to get handwaved resistance to speed drain because of his whole "two seconds ahead in time," business, Saitama doesn't actually use time manipulation for anything he does apart from that one single instance.

As I said in my last post, it still might not work because of Saitama's apparent absurd growth when put under pressure, he might well get faster than Flash can drain him and he only needs to even indirectly graze Flash to kill him. But I don't think there's a reasonable case for direct immunity to it.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I'm pretty sure that Tatsumaki has shown telepathy in the Monster Association brawl, but OPM telepathy is extremely low level compared to the likes of J'onn. and I think that she only used it to talk to someone, not actually attack.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Yeah, I did think of the Zoom II comparison but Hunter's speed is 1) always on (arguably even when he doesn't want it) and 2) more about his relationship /to/ time rather than time travel like what Saitama did if you get what I mean.

While Hunter suggests there's a basis for "time-shenanigans = immunity to speed steal", Sentry tended to get handwaved resistance to speed drain because of his whole "two seconds ahead in time," business, Saitama doesn't actually use time manipulation for anything he does apart from that one single instance.
    The exact quote about Sentry from the original scientist that created the whole thing was "the serum creates a phase-shifting effect in the molecules of your body, causing each atom to step an instant ahead of the current timeline", and then proceeded to explain the serum also had wildly unrelated effects as well. And this was at the onset of his career, with Sentry brushing it off and afterwards displaying all kinds of different superpowers in addition to something of a powers learning curve (more about mental stability and personal hardships than what you'd see in a typical shounen warrior manga) to the point comics relatively recently settled with explaining the guy was overall a reality warper.

So overall I'd agree resisting speed stealing as a matter of fact might be exceedingly rare or not necessarily directly related to any time powers.
    Last edited by Wildling; 07-25-2022 at 08:14 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Tatsumaki has shown telepathy in the Monster Association brawl, but OPM telepathy is extremely low level compared to the likes of J'onn. and I think that she only used it to talk to someone, not actually attack.
    This - she eventually spotted her adversary with her psi powers, and I read that as telepathy.

But whatever, that's webcomic stuff.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    This - she eventually spotted her adversary with her psi powers, and I read that as telepathy.

But whatever, that's webcomic stuff.
    That's actually in the redraw as well as it happens. I would say that the telepathy that we're talking about is pretty low level by most standards, more analogous to generic "energy sensing," than what one would expect from TP.

Psykos is way underground far enough that she has to put a bunch of "telepathic relays" in place in order for her powers to reach the meat puppet within Gyoro Gyoro to control it and project her consciousness, in real terms this looks to be like 1 - 2 km or something (EDIT: Webcomic actually lists it as 1500 metres underground).

She thinks there's no way Tatsumaki could find her but then she does and Psykos puts it down to Tatsumaki sensing the faint telepathic emanations from the puppet and following them down.

Interestingly, she then tries to telepathically contact Rover for help and doesn't seem to make use of the relays so... I guess projecting a voice is easier than controlling a puppet?

Anyhow, that's about the scope of it. Very, very small potatoes to someone on J'onn's level, never used in a combat sense and never used - critically - on Saitama.
    Last edited by Nik Hasta; 07-26-2022 at 08:27 AM.