Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

There's a Kickstarter campaign currently going on for three trade collections: One for the most recent 10-issue run, one for the Negaduck and Justice Duck spin-offs, and one for earlier Disney Afternoon comics. No word on the Boom/Joe Books series.

IGN also claims that there's going to be a new comic series with Tad Stones's involvement, but I've seen nothing else about it.
    My blog. Latest entry: November 5th, 2022

Astonishing Member

Disney is begging for money on kickstarter?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Disney is begging for money on kickstarter?
    No

Or not different than Boom Studios or Archie.

What it is really doing is taking the concept of "putting your money where you mouth is" to task.

How many times have we heard on this board "WHO would want this?" "How DARE they do something I don't approve of?"

Look how fast so many of those have been filled within hours.

Folks are proving there is a demand. So the folks who fund these are getting versions that won't be the retail version for those products.

That is Darkwing Duck. Can you imagine if they did this with say Peter Parker?

Incredible Member

It's great to see them collecting old comics...but honestly many of those first Disney Afternoon issues were painfully out of step with the reality of the show, from what I remember. Some had human beings walking around in the background, for instance, as if they were regular citizens of St Canard.

I mean, if these collected editions can sell like hotcakes, then do them. But this lacks much appeal for me because....won't there be regular trade paperbacks too?

This also makes me wonder about Silvani and Sparrow's work on DW. Clearly it was its own continuity, but is it being left out because of that...or are there legal reasons, since it was all published under 2 different banners: BOOM and then Joe Books?
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; 06-16-2024 at 08:21 AM.

Mighty Member

The Kickstarter updated a few days ago and the first stretch goal is a an ashcan of the upcoming Darkwing Duck comic series with a cover by Tad Stones, so I guess that's the confirmation.

Incredible Member

Confirmation of what?

Is Tad's book going to replace the others?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Confirmation of what?
    That there's a new DW book coming out. IGN first reported it, but I don't really consider them trustworthy after that whole "Kevin Conroy on Batman: Caped Crusader" fiasco. So, good that Dynamite themselves confirmed it.