Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Hopefully both Kal and Kara are involved in the movie, but I suppose it’s to be expected they would push her right as she’s set to debut in the DCEU.
    No problem with Kara and the Legion, there's a lot of history there. Clark being the one who introduces them makes it more than acceptable to me.

And they’ve never done an animated movie where he goes up against Zod, weird given how popular Zod is on the live action side.
    Wasn't there a thing for a while where the animation couldn't use Zod for some reason?

They used Zod in Young Justice and Justice League Action, and maybe he's shown up in a couple other cartoons semi-recently so if it *was* a thing, it's not now. But I swear there was some weird contractual bullsh*t that forced the older stuff to use other characters. Like that STAS arc with the Zone prisoner who was Zod in all but name.......
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I wanted Superboy/Man, but as long as they acknowledge that Clark inspired them then I'll be alright with it. :/

I love Kara with the Legion but I've come to expect that if Clark isn't the one with them then they pretend he's irrelevant.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    No problem with Kara and the Legion, there's a lot of history there. Clark being the one who introduces them makes it more than acceptable to me.

Wasn't there a thing for a while where the animation couldn't use Zod for some reason?

They used Zod in Young Justice and Justice League Action, and maybe he's shown up in a couple other cartoons semi-recently so if it *was* a thing, it's not now. But I swear there was some weird contractual bullsh*t that forced the older stuff to use other characters. Like that STAS arc with the Zone prisoner who was Zod in all but name.......
    Yeah it was because of the old Carlin era rule that Superman was the only Kryptonian survivor. Hence all the weird workarounds in the comics and what not to accommodate that edict. Obviously it’s no longer an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I wanted Superboy/Man, but as long as they acknowledge that Clark inspired them then I'll be alright with it. :/

I love Kara with the Legion but I've come to expect that if Clark isn't the one with them then they pretend he's irrelevant.
    Just put both of them in the Legion together, it certainly wouldn’t hurt sales imo.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Legion stories need a Super-POV character so it's easiest to just default to the younger Supes, which Superman isn't always by design.

I’d rather Kara star in the LoS movie instead of Jon. Less chance they’ll use Bendis’ idea of having Superman not be the direct inspiration for the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Legion stories need a Super-POV character so it's easiest to just default to the younger Supes, which Superman isn't always by design.
    It’s not like the Legion hasn’t been 20-something’s like Tomorrowverse Clark however, I don’t think there’s anything saying he’s too “old” for the group past a certain point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’d rather Kara star in the LoS movie instead of Jon. Less chance they’ll use Bendis’ idea of having Superman not be the direct inspiration for the team.
    He’s the one introducing her to the team per the synopsis we got, and the time jump in Man of Tomorrow meant that they can spot in his adventures with the group into Tomorrowverse continuity. I just wish we would actually get a movie about those adventures.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

It’s not like the Legion hasn’t been 20-something’s like Tomorrowverse Clark however, I don’t think there’s anything saying he’s too “old” for the group past a certain point.

He’s the one introducing her to the team per the synopsis we got, and the time jump in Man of Tomorrow meant that they can spot in his adventures with the group into Tomorrowverse continuity. I just wish we would actually get a movie about those adventures.
    I know, but they probably want to present a younger version of the team. With an adult Clark you'd probably get something like Johns' Superman and Legion story, which while great, maybe isn't the most natural introduction point they want to go for.

Kind of disappointing but there's still some chance Clark will have a role.

If not, BOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    Kind of disappointing but there's still some chance Clark will have a role.

If not, BOOOOOO!
    The synopsis says he introduces her to the Legion .

The synopsis says he introduces her to the Legion .
    Well then YAAAAAY!

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Given that Supergirl was introduced to the LSH in their second appearance ever, I have no problem with Kara taking the lead here as long as Clark's history with them isn't being ignored--looking at you Bendis!

Astonishing Member

The League already has come together in GL: Beware My Power. My guess is that they don’t feel the need to do another League origin story after JL: War.
    Yeah I just watched the GL film. That was a bit weird. It seemed like they were building up the Tomorrowverse gradually as a ''young'' DCU where, so far, the Justice League is just an idea that maybe starting to germinate. And now, all of a sudden, the League is up and running complete with a Watchtower and Hal Jordan is experienced enough to be the greatest Green Lantern and one of earth's most well-known heroes (enough that John Stewart knows him by name). Don't want to spoil GL: Beware My Power much but let's just say it has some plot elements that point to a much more late-stage DCU than what we got with the first few films (that involved a Superman origin story and a Year Two/Three-era Batman).

I wasn't expecting another JL origin story (though I wouldn't have minded one), but I was thinking we'd at least get an early League story.

Then again, its not impossible that Warworld could be set before Beware My Power. Unlikely though if the lineup is to include John as GL and possibly Hawkgirl.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Honestly, the Johns/Frank Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes is what I'm expecting. They could do worse than adapt it.
    Agreed.

If Superman is still a young 20-something relatively inexperienced hero (which is admittedly unlikely if the LOSH film is set after Beware My Power) then him teaming up with the LOSH for the first time could still work. Or they could have him meet the LOSH in flashbacks to his Smallville years, but this is their first team-up with him as a full member in costume.

I was wondering if they'd use DCAU Kara if they wanted to have a Supergirl death.
    Hmm...wouldn't put it past them. That's the trick the Arrowverse pulled with their COIE adaptation - killing off the 90's TV Flash played by John Wesley Shipp instead of the core Arrowverse Flash played by Grant Gustin.

DC’s ‘Legion of Super-Heroes’ Sets Voice Cast With Meg Donnelly and Harry Shum Jr. to Star (Exclusive)

The story picks up as Kara, devastated by the loss of Krypton, struggles to adjust to her new life on Earth. Her cousin, Superman, mentors her and suggests she leave their space-time to attend the Legion Academy in the 31st century, where she makes new friends and a new enemy: Braniac 5. Meanwhile, she must contend with a mysterious group called the Dark Circle as it searches for a powerful weapon held in the Academy’s vault.
    Campbell is writing. Least this Brainiac 5 has a nose

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Looks good.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Sounds pretty good. I'm assuming given that this is the Tomorrowverse, Clark didn't have Superboy adventures with them... but it's certainly possible he did as Superman between movies. There are gaps between the films. All I ask is he has history with them.

Between this, MAWS and the Mary Marvel book, Campbell's name is one I'm going to start looking for in DC stuff. Superman/Lois romance show, Mary Marvel and the Legion? She has good taste.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.